Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles Mechanics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
'Nuff said
Best thread ever
He's regressed, no doubt about it. Hopefully once new blood is in there he'll figure it out, but right now he's playing like a rookie.
Another thread.

#mindblowingstuff
He throws like Tebow and Leftwich.

(But don't talk about Blake or you're inept.)
It does seem his wind up is too long. Drops his elbow and arm back too far.

Maybe it's how he always did it, but it jumped out st me today after watching replays.
Quote:He throws like Tebow and Leftwich.

(But don't talk about Blake or you're inept.)

Leftwich had a windup, but he actually threw a nice ball.  Blake has been throwing more ducks than not lately and his accuracy is as bad as it's been since he's been there.  Dunno what's up with that.

You guys are inept. You don't deserve a god like Bortles.
I noticed on shorter throws his motion is slightly different but his motion has regressed. Hope he/new coaches can fix it.
Quote:You guys are inept. You don't deserve a god like Bortles.

Fr
Leftwich had a cannon and threw a pretty ball.
Quote:You guys are inept. You don't deserve a god like Bortles.

"I know two scouts and Bortles himself" haha
Quote:I noticed on shorter throws his motion is slightly different but his motion has regressed. Hope he/new coaches can fix it.

Same.

On roll outs and dump offs everything is from the chest.

On long throws he dips below the waist and winds up.

There has to be an injury we don't know about. Something is up.
Quote:"I know two scouts and Bortles himself" haha

My uncle was offered a contract
He has a torn labia
U guys dont like the wobbly deep balls?
Quote:Same.

On roll outs and dump offs everything is from the chest.

On long throws he dips below the waist and winds up.

There has to be an injury we don't know about. Something is up.

I would feel a lot better knowing it was some kind of an injury, because otherwise this isn't encouraging for a QB in his 3rd year.
As some mentioned with Leftwich it isn't the fact that he is starting to windmill because you can clearly throw a great ball with a long delivery. There is just way too much wasted movement in his delivery. His feet are doing one thing and his arm is doing another. I am sure at this point he is thinking about his mechanics as he throws the ball which is a bad place to be in.

I'm just not sure he has the head for the game. He shows time and time again that during key situational he has no idea what's going on.

That's usually something you either have or you don't have for me. Cool head under pressure.
Jiffy Lube has better mechanics than Bortles. Awwww yeah boy!
Pages: 1 2