Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tyler Davis - Rd 6, Pick 206
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
With the 206th pick in the 6th round, we drafted Tyler Davis, TE, Ga. Tech.
“ Davis also has the right size – 6-foot-4 and 250 pounds – and ran the 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds at Tech’s pro day, faster than all but one of the 17 tight ends who ran at the NFL draft combine.“
I got nothing
Maybe we can feed him some Bartch smoothies to play o line?
He's a camp body who will get stashed away in the event one of our main TE's go down.
(04-25-2020, 05:02 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/fballgameplan/status...69728?s=21

Big, fast, decent blocker. Sounds great. 

Wonder what the negatives are?
(04-25-2020, 05:03 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]He's a camp body who will get stashed away in the event for when our main TE's go down.

FTFY.
(04-25-2020, 05:03 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]He's a camp body who will get stashed away in the event one of our main TE's go down.

At this stage of the draft that’s the best you can hope for. A lot  of these guys won’t make the final cut on the team that drafted them.
Caldwell is a big boy and he knows what he is doing, that's why he gets paid big bucks. Don't worry guys.

Playoffs here we go!!
(04-25-2020, 05:07 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 05:03 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]He's a camp body who will get stashed away in the event one of our main TE's go down.

At this stage of the draft that’s the best you can hope for. A lot  of these guys won’t make the final cut on the team that drafted them.

Yep.

But need to draft those HOF'ers still available through the 7th round...

Wallbash
(04-25-2020, 05:06 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 05:02 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/fballgameplan/status...69728?s=21

Big, fast, decent blocker. Sounds great. 

Lack of production.  17 receptions for 148 yards.  

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/who-w...betL5doIK/

"While Davis’ receiving numbers in his sole season at Tech – 17 receptions for 148 yards and a touchdown – weren’t much as Tech transitioned offenses and struggled in the passing game, he was an effective blocker in the run game and in pass protection. He was positioned across the field and contributed on special teams.

“One of the things that always comes up (in interviews with NFL teams) is they’ve seen the tape and they’ve seen how hard I play,” Davis said.
Davis also has the right size – 6-foot-4 and 250 pounds – and ran the 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds at Tech’s pro day, faster than all but one of the 17 tight ends who ran at the NFL draft combine. After his pro-day workout, three teams were led to set up follow-up visits with him.
It’s a certainty that Tech coaches have raved to scouts about Davis’ leadership, toughness and work ethic. Collins routinely praised Davis for the way he helped establish the team culture despite having arrived only last January as a grad transfer from Connecticut."
(04-25-2020, 05:12 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 05:06 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]Big, fast, decent blocker. Sounds great. 

"While Davis’ receiving numbers in his sole season at Tech – 17 receptions for 148 yards and a touchdown – weren’t much as Tech transitioned offenses and struggled in the passing game, he was an effective blocker in the run game and in pass protection. He was positioned across the field and contributed on special teams.

“One of the things that always comes up (in interviews with NFL teams) is they’ve seen the tape and they’ve seen how hard I play,” Davis said.
Davis also has the right size – 6-foot-4 and 250 pounds – and ran the 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds at Tech’s pro day, faster than all but one of the 17 tight ends who ran at the NFL draft combine. After his pro-day workout, three teams were led to set up follow-up visits with him.
It’s a certainty that Tech coaches have raved to scouts about Davis’ leadership, toughness and work ethic. Collins routinely praised Davis for the way he helped establish the team culture despite having arrived only last January as a grad transfer from Connecticut."

He sounds like a 6th round pick. Wonder why Tony Pauline had him rated so low, and with no write up.
(04-25-2020, 05:12 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 05:06 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]Big, fast, decent blocker. Sounds great. 

You must not be familiar with Georgia Tech offenses im guessing.
We're going to run the triple option with Shenault. The NFL is ever changing
(04-25-2020, 05:17 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 05:12 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Lack of production.  17 receptions for 148 yards.  

You must not be familiar with Georgia Tech offenses im guessing.

Don't know what you're talking about.  Fill me in.  I know they used to run the wishbone and hardly ever passed it, but I haven't kept up with them the last few years.
Thank you for these individual threads on picks. Like to read these. I hope people post more individual highlights, etc. per thread too! That would be awesome
(04-25-2020, 05:21 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 05:17 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]You must not be familiar with Georgia Tech offenses im guessing.

Don't know what you're talking about.  Fill me in.  I know they used to run the wishbone and hardly ever passed it, but I haven't kept up with them the last few years.

They ran the triple option up until last year when they tried to go more conventional. That didn’t go well either.
(04-25-2020, 05:25 PM)JaguarWC Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for these individual threads on picks.  Like to read these.  I hope people post more individual highlights, etc. per thread too!  That would be awesome

No problem.

It definitely makes it easier to localize all the info, opinions, etc on each player.
Pages: 1 2 3