Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Head Scratchers! What about these positions Dave?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Things that have me and others scratching our heads over

12 picks?: There seemed to be no effort to move up and down the draft. This team took 12 players and half probably won't make the team. Waste of draft stock.

LT:  Cam Robinson has never been a good pass protector.  He is above average run blocking but cannot be trusted to protect his QB.  Dave did nothing but draft a 4th round division 3 school experimental tackle to address this.  We have a young QB that maybe running for his life again this year.

RB: Fournette is the only starting caliber RB on the current roster.  Then news gets out the Jags have been trying to shop him for a month.  Dave did nothing in this draft to address the RB position.  Looks like we may be stuck with a disgruntled Fournette.

WR2:  Shenault will not be lined up #2 receiver on most plays.  He is a hybrid player who will play multiple roles.  That being said, the other receivers outside of Chark are very unrelabile and undependable receivers.  Dave did nothing to address this

Offensive Line:  The brass must be sold on this offensive line because it did not seem a priority at all to beef it up.  Why?

Tight end:   There was nothing except for a late 6th round pick done to address this position.  The Jags signed an injury prone Vet in Eiffert but this position is dying for some capable youth.   Nothing again Dave!

Fournette situation:  How can you let word get out that you have been shopping the starting tail back for a month?  ON top of that, you get nothing for him.  Just a mess

Yannick situation:  Yannick and his agent are being unreasonable with contract demands.  The Jags have over valued his worth as well.  Now these two are heading in to  an off season of unknowns.  How do we let 24 year old studs get into this situation?

Swiss Cheese team:  I get there are holes all over this team.  There was 0 chance of everything being fixed in this one offseason.  I know the team has defensive needs but this is an offensive driven league. The Jags have a young rookie QB who could become a star.  The team should be drafting as much talent as they can around him Especially knowing they are not sold on their star tail back.  Why are they just drafting primarily defense in the early rounds?  The winners in today's NFL are the teams that can score.  The day of dominance defense is over with.  The rules have all been shifted in the opposite direction.  This team is stuck drafting like it's the 1980's. A dominant defense is too expensive to keep around and if you build one good enough the refs will favor the offense. (see jaxvspats afc champ game)

Dave:  How is he in the situation to rebuild this team again?  He failed the first time along with his Bortles QB.  How and why are we stuck with this guy again?

There is plenty more, but goes to show why this team is a laughing stock with the fans and the NFL a like.  No wonder the draft goes to commerical break when the Jags are on. 

This organization makes it hard to remain a Jags fan.   Imbred losing

[Image: XsrClI7AzhYUs8DO4yIvh_eRiUUMTTqHjdqDf-1H...e-8RLAKdfE]
You already had the answer.
As I said before, if it was that cut and dry that leads to other questions.  If it's a multi-year rebuild deal then why not do the most you can to support your young QB now.  We don't know if Minshew is the future.  The best way to do that is to get as much talent around him so he can be fairly evaluated.  There were some prime offensive weapons available but Dave chose to go defense twice in the first round.  Instead of giving Minshew a real receiver to compliment Chark on the other side, Dave got a scat type of player with injury concerns.   In Fact, Shenault is the only offensive player drafted that has a real chance of contributing this year.   Again why are we putting emphasis on defense in an offensive driven league?
(04-26-2020, 12:17 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Things that have me and others scratching our heads over

12 picks?:  There seemed to be no effort to move up and down the draft.  This team took 12 players and half probably won't make the team.  Waste of draft stock.

LT:  Cam Robinson has never been a good pass protector.  He is above average run blocking but cannot be trusted to protect his QB.  Dave did nothing but draft a 4th round division 3 school experimental tackle to address this.  We have a young QB that maybe running for his life again this year.

Offensive Line:  The brass must be sold on this offensive line because it did not seem a priority at all to beef it up.  Why?   

The day of dominance defense is over with.  The rules have all been shifted in the opposite direction.  This team is stuck drafting like it's the 1980's. A dominant defense is too expensive to keep around and if you build one good enough the refs will favor the offense.

The above are the only relevant points IMO.  

In regard to those unconvincing points: 
*They just drafted a TE last year  -  
*RBs are a dime-a-dozen - we signed a promising UDFA RB - some combo from Fournette/Armstead/Ozigbo/J.Robinson/T.Feaster will be fine under Gruden's scheme IMO -
*People love to diminish Conley and Westbrook, but they're capable players  - there never was some urgent need at WR and it was addressed w/ Shenault anyway - 
*The trade situations are what they are, you can't fabricate a trade partner with a fair offer out of thin air - and the two players may just play and play well.  (also still plenty of time for a good offer to emerge) 
 Disgruntled is an adjective that describes most employees everywhere. Who cares if they're disgruntled? -  as long as they show up in a contract year and produce it doesn't matter. 

On your good points:

The league is indeed shifting enough that offense deserves at least a bit more attention than this FO seems willing to commit. That is a head-scratcher for me too. 

LT and RG should have been prioritized IMO. That is a head-scratcher for me too. 

Trading up:  I'd probably have traded up so that both CB and LT could have both been addressed early rather than only one of those.
(04-26-2020, 02:52 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2020, 02:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]You already had the answer.

As I said before, if it was that cut and dry that leads to other questions.  If it's a multi-year rebuild deal then why not do the most you can to support your young QB now.  We don't know if Minshew is the future.  The best way to do that is to get as much talent around him so he can be fairly evaluated.  There were some prime offensive weapons available but Dave chose to go defense twice in the first round.  Instead of giving Minshew a real receiver to compliment Chark on the other side, Dave got a scat type of player with injury concerns.   In Fact, Shenault is the only offensive player drafted that has a real chance of contributing this year.   Again why are we putting emphasis on defense in an offensive driven league?

I think Shenault may have some developing to do but he's a lot more than a gadget/scat player.
RB - I don't see a big problem. Fournette can be the RB this season and I doubt he becomes a cancer. It was a long shot that someone was dumb enough to trade for him. I would have tried to get Akers or Dobbins though
WR - Can anyone tell me exactly what is wrong with Conley and Westbrook at #2 and #3? both had a decent season playing with a rookie QB. Shenault is just gonna make the group better... if he stays healthy. Still I would have traded up for Jeudy, Lamb or drafted Jefferson at 20 to help Minshew even though I don't see the group as a big problem.

I agree with everything else, especially with no O-line help at all (BB is likely not even gonna play this season) and Caldwell being awful at trading up.
Wel.l they have been saying they are comfortable with the OL they have for quite awhile. People thought it was a smoke screen. Now you know it isnt. They don't have to trade LF. IDK if they initiated trade talks for LF, or if people were asking about a trade. Everyone can be traded if the price is right. On top of that, in one of the post draft interviews someone asked Dave something about if LF trade talks made him think about looking at RB in the draft. He said no because they have some really good backs on the roster. Dave said in the same interview ( I think) that yeah he had the ammo to move around but he didnt pick up extra picks for that reason, he got them to get more players. He also said even with 12 picks he couldnt fix every thing he wanted to...

I think Ive watched every video of Dave and Doug talking about the pre draft, the draft its self, and post draft. They are firmly of the belief that the OL is fine, or at least better than a lot of people believe it to be, that every player picked in the draft was a good solid pick, the new QB can become a starter, and they got value for every pick. He even said they are more satisfied with the result of this draft than they have ever been.
I don't know why people are shocked thre Jags didn't go heavy O line in the draft. They have been saying they are happy with the line for a king time now.
(04-26-2020, 04:44 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why people are shocked thre Jags didn't go heavy O line in the draft. They have been saying they are happy with the line for a king time now.

Well the table was set pretty perfect to take one of the tackles at 9 and slide Cam into guard. A very popular idea around here. 

Once that didn't happen, it doesn't really surprise me though. This draft seemed light on interior OL and while the Jaguars group as a whole is a little lacking, our game day 7 is pretty set. It would've been difficult for a mid round prospect to uproot one of those guys this season imo.
Here’s my perspective:

12 Picks:  I also thought that they would trade up.  That being said, I was also one who didn’t think that using all 12 would be the worst thing in the world.  This team lacks depth and those picks can help.  Additionally, mid to late round picks inevitably involve taking some chances.  The more picks you have, the more likely you are to hit on some of them.  I think all 9 of the picks in the first five rounds will make the team.  It’s the last 3 in the sixth and seventh rounds that are iffy.  However, that’s also the nature of those late rounds.  Yes, they could have traded the picks, but other teams know those late picks aren’t worth much either and won’t let you move up much in return.  Also keep in mind to trade up, you need a team wanting to trade down.  Maybe Caldwell tried to trade up, the teams asked for the moon, and he decided to stay put.  Can you imagine the hate if Caldwell traded away a bunch of picks and still didn’t get the players you wanted?

LT:  This is a position if you’re wanting to upgrade a starting position, you do it early.  My understanding is that the one offensive tackle the Jaguars liked was Andrew Thomas but he was off the board at #4.  While we had 12 picks, we only had 2 first rounders.  This team had more than 2 needs that could have been nicely filled with those picks.  They chose cornerback and defensive end.  Both were huge needs at premium positions that typically don’t drop in the draft and the Jaguars liked the value.

Fournette:  I was surprised that Jaguars didn’t take a running back particularly considering that they kept all 12 picks.  It must mean they are keeping Fournette.  I will say that I’ve generally liked what I’ve seen from Armstead in his limited playing time.  Not taking a running back in this draft is a legitimate criticism though.

WR2:  I disagree.  Although they may get creative with him on certain plays, I do think Shenault will be lined up as wide receiver for the majority of plays.  We also drafted a wide receiver in the 5th round to supplement a receiving core that returns all four of its top receivers from last year.

Offensive Line:  I don’t have a good answer at right guard.  I would have upgraded.  Guards often drop in the draft and I think Cann is terrible.  They did draft Bartch, a left tackle that some think may be better at guard, but he’s a small school project.  Not finding a replacement for Cann is a legitimate criticism.  

Tight End:  I didn’t expect them to draft a tight end.  Most analysts considered this a terrible draft for tight ends.  Besides, I think Jaguars want to give Josh Oliver a chance.  He’s a third round pick from just a year ago and didn’t get much of a chance due to injuries.  They then did sign a veteran in free agency in Eifert.  O’Shaughnessy also hopefully returns from injury.  Teams typically keep three tight ends and that’s your three.  They did draft a tight end in the 6th round as well, probably as a depth option in case O’Shaugnessy isn’t fully recovered.  

Fournette Situation:  I don’t understand everyone’s desire to get rid of Fournette.  He had 1,674 rushing/receiving yards last year and was arguably our team’s offensive MVP.  With a team with so little talent, we need to keep the talent we do have.  I also think he would do better with a better offensive line.  Give him a small hole and Fournette will make the other team pay.  Give him a wall of defenders and most running backs are going to struggle.

Yannick Situation:  I’ve never understood this one.  Is it all about money or is there something else going on?  The best I can tell is that he has a terrible agent that completely over-valued Yannick’s market value and now is trying to save face.  I would think an incentive laden contract would be the solution.  The agent can brag about the top figure, even though Yan would make substantially less in reality.  That being said, I think the Jaguars have all but given up hope.  That’s why they drafted Chaisson.

Swiss Cheese Team:  You’re question here is largely why the emphasis on defense over offense in the draft.  I don’t think it was so much a case of “defense versus offense”, but looking at needs from a position to position viewpoint.  The Jaguars return virtually all of their entire starting offense.  Foles was a big name but most hope the position will be upgraded by a full season of Minshew.  Swaim (who only played in 6 games) is hopefully upgraded by Eifert and/or a healthy Oliver.  All of the other offensive starters return.  The defense, on the other hand, had major defections.  We went into last season with Ramsey (a former 5th overall pick) and Bouye (a high priced free agent) as our starting cornerbacks.  Using a first round pick to replace one of them isn’t surprising.  We got the second best cornerback and many believed that there was a significant drop off in value after him.  At defensive end, we lost Campbell and also have Ngakoue threatening to hold out and clearly unwilling to accept a long term contract.  Defensive end is a premium position that often doesn’t drop in the draft.  The Jaguar scouts apparently loved Chaisson.  They claim he was fourth best overall player on the entire draft board.  If true, that’s amazing to get at #20.  While some may have been surprised including myself, there is a lot of logic behind that pick.  The Jaguars then did go offense in round 2.  In round 3, they came back to defense with a defensive tackle.  Is this surprising considering the team lost Dareus in the offseason and that’s not to mention that they loss Malik Jackson the year prior without finding a legitimate replacement?  The next pick went back to offense.  At that point in the draft, you’re looking at depth.  They rattle off three defensive depth players before going three straight offensive depth players.  While the last player is listed as “cornerback”, I think he was drafted as a kick returner.  Obviously, different choices could have been made, but most of these picks do make quite a bit of sense from a need perspective.  

Dave:  I have no idea how Dave kept his job.  It’s mind boggling to me.  Not only 6 losing seasons in 7 years, but all six of those losing seasons involved 6 wins of less.  5 of his 7 seasons involve the team winning 5 games or less.  Blame Coughlin?  Caldwell’s record is worse in the years without Coughlin.  Blame Bradley/Marrone?  Caldwell hired both of them.  There’s really no excuse for Dave.
(04-26-2020, 03:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2020, 12:17 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Things that have me and others scratching our heads over

12 picks?:  There seemed to be no effort to move up and down the draft.  This team took 12 players and half probably won't make the team.  Waste of draft stock.

The day of dominance defense is over with.  The rules have all been shifted in the opposite direction.  This team is stuck drafting like it's the 1980's. A dominant defense is too expensive to keep around and if you build one good enough the refs will favor the offense.

The above are the only relevant points IMO.  

*RBs are a dime-a-dozen - we signed a promising UDFA RB - Fournette/Ozigbo/J.Robinson/T.Feaster will be fine under Gruden's scheme IMO -
*People love to diminish Conley and Westbrook, but they're capable players  - there never was some urgent need at WR and it was addressed w/ Shenault anyway - 
*The trade situations are what they are, you can't fabricate a trade partner with a fair offer out of thin air - and the two players may just play and play well.  (also still plenty of time for a good offer to emerge) 
 Disgruntled is an adjective that describes most employees everywhere. Who cares if they're disgruntled? -  as long as they show up in a contract year and produce it doesn't matter. 

On your good points:

The league is indeed shifting enough that offense deserves at least a bit more attention than this FO seems willing to commit. That is a head-scratcher for me too. 

LT and RG should have been prioritized IMO. That is a head-scratcher for me too. 

Trading up:  I'd probably have traded up so that both CB and LT could have both been addressed early rather than only one of those.

I highlighted all the great points I saw. Now, my turn to jump in. 

I think our WR corps is now a strength and is well-suited for Gruden's WCO. There's no dominating guy who absolutely scares opposing defenses. If a defense schemes one particular guy out of the game, it's no matter because the offense is built to distribute the ball, and more than one guy can beat you. Chark can be a true #1 if he takes another step. Shenault might be frightening if he stays healthy. Eifert, if healthy, is super productive and strong in the red zone. Oliver has mismatch potential. Westbrook might look better in a WCO on the outside. Conley has terrific measurables and appears to be ascending. I predict at least 3/6 of those guys will break out next year. And that's not even mentioning O'Shag (he'd be gravy if he comes back) or any RB's value in the passing game.  

I'm fine with the RBs we have. Run Fournette into the ground this year if he stays. Ride him like a horse -- 20+ carries/game. Recoup the minimal value we got in him at #4 overall. Keep the other guys fresh to compete in 2021. 

I would've loved to have nabbed LSU's Charles or Josh Jones to push Cam, who clearly needs competition. Maybe a veteran tackle will become a cap casualty (is Jason Peters still on the market?). 

Another poster also advocated taking Jaylon Johnson in the second, and Wirfs with #9. That's what GM Me would've done in perfect hindsight. Skip Shenault, take Jefferson at #20 over Chaisson, and overpay Yan with a $20M deal plus incentives for double-digit sacks, Pro Bowls, fumbles, etc. Tell him: we know you were under-compensated the past three years, and we're going to make it up to you, swallow our own pride, and pretend like all your Twittering never happened -- it's a new day, so let's go to war together. Money talks. Chaisson is a project. It's better to have a proven disruptor in the fold. I'd also ban Tony Khan from being the fake GM, talking to players and undermining Dave, but that'll never happen.

12 picks?:  There seemed to be no effort to move up and down the draft.  This team took 12 players and half probably won't make the team.  Waste of draft stock.  ...many more than 6 will make the 53 man roster.  Likely 10-12.  

LT:  Cam Robinson has never been a good pass protector.  He is above average run blocking but cannot be trusted to protect his QB.  Dave did nothing but draft a 4th round division 3 school experimental tackle to address this.  We have a young QB that maybe running for his life again this year.  ...Ben Bartch will likely be a swing tackle this year, but does have the aptitude and traits to have a good shot at being a starting LT in 2021.  "Experimental" is a little harsh, as he did very well at the Senior Bowl.  Agreed that Cam could have been upgraded, but the day 1 and 2 picks were limited and had to be prioritized.      

RB: Fournette is the only starting caliber RB on the current roster.  Then news gets out the Jags have been trying to shop him for a month.  Dave did nothing in this draft to address the RB position.  Looks like we may be stuck with a disgruntled Fournette.  ...completely agree with you.  I thought for sure they would at least pick up a 3rd down type back in the back half of the draft if they decide to ride with Armstead/Ozigbo for early downs.

WR2:  Shenault will not be lined up #2 receiver on most plays.  He is a hybrid player who will play multiple roles.  That being said, the other receivers outside of Chark are very unrelabile and undependable receivers.  Dave did nothing to address this ...huh?  Shenault is a playmaker with great hands that can take a quick out or a deep ball to the house, when fully healthy.  Dave used the 42nd pick in the draft to address the WR opportunity.  He may be versatile, but he is primarily and definitely an explosive WR.          

Offensive Line:  The brass must be sold on this offensive line because it did not seem a priority at all to beef it up.  Why? ...DC and Marone mentioned several times during the offseason that they felt comfortable with the line.  I thought the comments were a smokescreen, but I guess they were not.  

Tight end:   There was nothing except for a late 6th round pick done to address this position.  The Jags signed an injury prone Vet in Eiffert but this position is dying for some capable youth.   Nothing again Dave!  ...they drafted Oliver with a 3rd round pick last year and signed a solid Eifert (who was healthy last season).  I think we'll see vastly improved position play if utilized.  

Fournette situation:  How can you let word get out that you have been shopping the starting tail back for a month?  ON top of that, you get nothing for him.  Just a mess  ...true.

Yannick situation:  Yannick and his agent are being unreasonable with contract demands.  The Jags have over valued his worth as well.  Now these two are heading in to  an off season of unknowns.  How do we let 24 year old studs get into this situation? ...true. 

Dave:  How is he in the situation to rebuild this team again?  He failed the first time along with his Bortles QB.  How and why are we stuck with this guy again and again? ...true.  Good thing he is not a surgeon or pilot.  

There is plenty more, but goes to show why this team is a laughing stock with the fans and the NFL a like.  No wonder the draft goes to commerical break when the Jags are on. 

This organization makes it hard to remain a Jags fan.   Imbred losing

[Image: XsrClI7AzhYUs8DO4yIvh_eRiUUMTTqHjdqDf-1H...e-8RLAKdfE]
See above.
(04-26-2020, 06:31 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2020, 03:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]The above are the only relevant points IMO.  

*RBs are a dime-a-dozen - we signed a promising UDFA RB - Fournette/Ozigbo/J.Robinson/T.Feaster will be fine under Gruden's scheme IMO -

On your good points:

I highlighted all the great points I saw. Now, my turn to jump in. 

I think our WR corps is now a strength and is well-suited for Gruden's WCO. There's no dominating guy who absolutely scares opposing defenses. If a defense schemes one particular guy out of the game, it's no matter because the offense is built to distribute the ball, and more than one guy can beat you. Chark can be a true #1 if he takes another step. Shenault might be frightening if he stays healthy. Eifert, if healthy, is super productive and strong in the red zone. Oliver has mismatch potential. Westbrook might look better in a WCO on the outside. Conley has terrific measurables and appears to be ascending. I predict at least 3/6 of those guys will break out next year. And that's not even mentioning O'Shag (he'd be gravy if he comes back) or any RB's value in the passing game.  

I'm fine with the RBs we have. Run Fournette into the ground this year if he stays. Ride him like a horse -- 20+ carries/game. Recoup the minimal value we got in him at #4 overall. Keep the other guys fresh to compete in 2021. 

I would've loved to have nabbed LSU's Charles or Josh Jones to push Cam, who clearly needs competition. Maybe a veteran tackle will become a cap casualty (is Jason Peters still on the market?). 

Another poster also advocated taking Jaylon Johnson in the second, and Wirfs with #9. That's what GM Me would've done in perfect hindsight. Skip Shenault, take Jefferson at #20 over Chaisson, and overpay Yan with a $20M deal plus incentives for double-digit sacks, Pro Bowls, fumbles, etc. Tell him: we know you were under-compensated the past three years, and we're going to make it up to you, swallow our own pride, and pretend like all your Twittering never happened -- it's a new day, so let's go to war together. Money talks. Chaisson is a project. It's better to have a proven disruptor in the fold. I'd also ban Tony Khan from being the fake GM, talking to players and undermining Dave, but that'll never happen.
Great point
(04-26-2020, 08:24 PM)BigHarold58 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2020, 06:31 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]I highlighted all the great points I saw. Now, my turn to jump in. 

Great point

TK should definitely makes his Twitter private. Not much to gain from him having it public like it is.
(04-26-2020, 08:24 PM)BigHarold58 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2020, 06:31 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]...

I'd also ban Tony Khan from being the fake GM, talking to players and undermining Dave, but that'll never happen.
Great point

Is it?  How are you supposed to ban an owner of the team from anything? 

I guess his father could tell him to cool it with the tweets to players in contract disputes. 
I also don't think the term "fake GM" is accurate here. He may have been unwise by interacting with Ngakoue on twitter, but he is indeed part of the braintrust of this front office and there's nothing fake about that. He has influence in this organization's decision making.
I'm still amazed Caldwell is still here. It's like Shad doesn't want people going to games in Jacksonville.
Pff has our line Ranked 26th
Sportingews has it ranked 28th
football outsiders has it ranked 28th
Fantasysix pack has it ranked 26th

That was just doing a 2019 offensive line rank google search 1st page. The trend continues the more you look. Most of the experts has this offensive line near the bottom of the league almost everywhere.

"Diamond" Dave says the line is good and everything is cool. Ridiculous!

"Baloney Maroney" is suppose to be an offensive line specialist. Where is his accountability a long with Dave?
(04-26-2020, 08:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2020, 08:24 PM)BigHarold58 Wrote: [ -> ]Great point

Is it?  How are you supposed to ban an owner of the team from anything? 

I guess his father could tell him to cool it with the tweets to players in contract disputes. 
I also don't think the term "fake GM" is accurate here. He may have been unwise by interacting with Ngakoue on twitter, but he is indeed part of the braintrust of this front office and there's nothing fake about that. He has influence in this organization's decision making.

Dave doesn't have the clout to tell him to butt out, but I'm sure on the inside Dave wishes he would focus on the other futbol team. I think Dave took great pride in drafting Jalen, Yannick, and Myles. That was a phenomenal draft. Then TC came and messed it up. Dave was really trying to salvage things with Yannick, not saying anything negative about Yannick in the media, then Tony takes the bait.
(04-26-2020, 09:33 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2020, 08:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Is it?  How are you supposed to ban an owner of the team from anything? 

Dave doesn't have the clout to tell him to butt out, but I'm sure on the inside Dave wishes he would focus on the other futbol team. I think Dave took grade pride in drafting Jalen, Yannick, and Myles. That was a phenomenal draft. Then TC came and messed it up. He was really trying to salvage things with Yannick.

I don't disagree with any of that.
I absolutely love the Chaisson pick I think he has immense upside. His athletic traits and bend are off the charts he had power 5 offers before even playing varsity football. He’s only 20 years old and only played 2 years of college ball due to an acl injury or else he’d easily be a top 10 pick. Don’t let those sack stats fool you he wasn’t used to rush the passer on every down like most edge rushers but when he was he routinely beat his opponent even if it didn’t end in a sack. People constantly comparing him to Aldon  smith and von Miller. Then add in his great character and leadership him a josh Allen are gonna wreak havoc for the next 10 years. He’s more explosive and plays the run much better than yan. Getting laviska in the second makes taking him over Jefferson a slam dunk. Now at pick 9 I wanted Wirfs to play LT and kick cam to RG that could of made our oline a strength
Pages: 1 2