Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Protest The Next Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
You are the consumer, the fan, the one paying for this. Ive been a die hard Jaguar fan since I was a little kid, Im in my mid 20's now. Frankly, this team has literally turned me off on football, dont enjoy the sport like I did 5 years ago. Losing sucks, but the Jaguars take losing to a whole new level. The Jaguars dont give a damn about you. This is a business and you are the ones paying for it. You've been promised change every season, that they will "get better" but things seem to only go from bad to worse and its been like that since 2007. 

Frankly, Im done. Im done stressing over a bad sports team, done wasting my good Sunday's on a team thats going to continue to suck. Its exhausting, its tiring, its draining. 

To make matters worse, they took a home game away from the fans because the team wasn't making enough money in our market. So not only are we paying for a losing team through merchandise, tickets etc, we also got rewarded by losing an chance to go to a game and play in a foreign country. 

Send them a message. Dont watch the game next sunday. Let them know you truly are frustrated with this team and the lack of progress. As a consumer, who spends their hard working dollar, you have ever right to up upset. Im all about time an patience, but this is frankly getting out of control. Its a broken record and frankly, enough is enough. 

Send Shad Khan a message. Protest his match in London. Or continue whining and complaining while the players/executives/owners rack in the dough. 

I"m with you.  It's obvious this season is over with.  I don't think I can watch until Gus is gone.  What is the point?  The players aren't getting better and are regressing.  Instead of firing Gus last season Shad extends his contract because he's cheap? 

It's disgusting and I'm sick of it.  

Maybe we could all go to the viewing party at the stadium and take a knee throughout the game?

Thinking of just cancelling Nfl Sunday ticket.
Quote:I"m with you.  
I have never missed a Jaguars game. Literally, since I was about 14, Ive never missed a game. Even when I'm stuck in an airport, I'm watching the game. Its time that we the fans take a stand and send the bird to Khan and the team. 
Khan can't get messages on his yacht while traveling to the U.K.

Maybe it'll be Gus' brexit.
Sad thing is- we all thought this was the year. At least to show some progress. We've regressed if that is even possible through three games. 

I'll protest the next game. I refuse to fly to London and watch it.
I've got tickets to the Wembley game and still may boycott
Quote:Thinking of just cancelling Nfl Sunday ticket.
Yeah, DirecTV doesn't exactly let you do that. The second week one kicks off, you're locked in for the year,
Quote:I'll protest the next game. I refuse to fly to London and watch it.
Its the perfect match to give the NFL the bird. Screw them, screw their London game, screw their coach, screw their players. They dont care about us, why do they get away with what they do every year? Because they know the fans will still pay for it. They can add in all the rules and regulations they want, because they know you will pay for it. 

Send Shad a message. Protest his London match. 
If Gus is still coaching after bye week, boycott next home game.
Quote:Sad thing is- we all thought this was the year. At least to show some progress. We've regressed if that is even possible through three games.

No we didnt. We told you all offseason this was going to happen.
I'll ask for a refund if you guys put in a word for me

I'm sure if they understand it's because of pwmccorm1216's protest they won't dare hold my money
Quote:Yeah, DirecTV doesn't exactly let you do that. The second week one kicks off, you're locked in for the year,
I pay monthly tho not yearly. I can just cancel all of it if they don't.
I think I was a week ahead of you, I stopped watching in the first quarter and only started back watching with 2 minutes left in the game.  

Quote:I'll ask for a refund if you guys put in a word for me

I'm sure if they understand it's because of pwmccorm1216's protest they won't dare hold my money
Hope you enjoy the game, enjoy 10 dollars a beer, enjoy 5 hours of your Sunday on a team thats 90 percent going to lose. Atleast in soccer (football, which I love) atleast its only 2 hours of my day with no stoppages in time other than halftime. 

Truly, enjoy the experience, thats what NFL games are, no passion though, much different. I hope you enjoy. For the first time in almost 20 years, I wont be watching. But hey, you paid for it, plus you live in England, so enjoy. 
Quote:No we didnt. We told you all offseason this was going to happen.
Fair enough, some of us drank the Kool-aid and believed we might win a few games this year.  The eternal optimists.  

Sadly, with Gus as the HC, this team will not only never win a Super Bowl, never win a Division Championship, never make the playoffs, never have a winning season - heck, never achieve that lofty goal of 8-8.  

I've been  Jags fan since day 1 and I'm tired of the lies, the year after year of rebuilding  We deserve better.  
Quote:Hope you enjoy the game, enjoy 10 dollars a beer, enjoy 5 hours of your Sunday on a team thats 90 percent going to lose. Atleast in soccer (football, which I love) atleast its only 2 hours of my day with no stoppages in time other than halftime.

Truly, enjoy the experience, thats what NFL games are, no passion though, much different. I hope you enjoy. For the first time in almost 20 years, I wont be watching. But hey, you paid for it, plus you live in England, so enjoy.

4 quid a beer mate. Don't worry your absence obviously puts a downer on the experience but I'm sure I'll find a way to overcome it
Quote:Hope you enjoy the game, enjoy 10 dollars a beer, enjoy 5 hours of your Sunday on a team thats 90 percent going to lose. Atleast in soccer (football, which I love) atleast its only 2 hours of my day with no stoppages in time other than halftime.

My love for watching soccer has grown past my love for the NFL.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5