Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: New York City’s Annual 9/11 light Installation canceled over coronavirus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews...avirus.amp

The left wants to destroy any possible unity in this country that will bring us together if even for a day. 

What a sad time we live in.
The Left in this country are out to destroy everything we stand for..........
'The Lights Will Shine on 9/11': NYPD SBA Vows To Create a Glowing Tribute to Victims, First Responders

The day after the 9/11 Memorial & Museum announced they would be canceling their annual Tribute in Light memorial, the Sergeants Benevolent Association of New York City said they would create their own.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/elliebufki...zy2xsV57Z4
This is a perfect example of gaslighting from the left.
" Never Forget" .....right?
Andrew Cuomo killed as many people in nursing homes this year as 9/11 did if I am not mistaken.
(08-15-2020, 11:01 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]This is a perfect example of gaslighting from the left.

How so?
(08-15-2020, 11:38 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Andrew Cuomo killed as many people in nursing homes this year as 9/11 did if I am not mistaken.

More
(08-15-2020, 08:37 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2020, 11:01 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]This is a perfect example of gaslighting from the left.

How so?

Because only the easily duped think that this kind of display can't be done because of Covid. Even if you limit people attending, it can be seen from all over NY, and it could even be televised. The reason they are giving for canceling this event is a lie. I won't speculate as to the real reason.  

[Image: 911.jpg]
(08-16-2020, 01:37 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2020, 08:37 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]How so?

Because only the easily duped think that this kind of display can't be done because of Covid. Even if you limit people attending, it can be seen from all over NY, and it could even be televised. The reason they are giving for canceling this event is a lie. I won't speculate as to the real reason.  

Its not speculation. You can say it.

Besides, it will go on. Sanity wins THIS battle.
(08-16-2020, 01:37 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2020, 08:37 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]How so?

OK. You are accusing them of lying. Gaslighting is more specific than lying. Gaslighting is lying to somebody and also trying to make them feel crazy for doubting you.

In any case, Covid has certainly caused tax revenue to go down in New York and everywhere else. Maybe it takes a lot of money to run this event. I don't know.
(08-16-2020, 09:09 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2020, 01:37 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Because only the easily duped think that this kind of display can't be done because of Covid. Even if you limit people attending, it can be seen from all over NY, and it could even be televised. The reason they are giving for canceling this event is a lie. I won't speculate as to the real reason.  

OK. You are accusing them of lying. Gaslighting is more specific than lying. Gaslighting is lying to somebody and also trying to make them feel crazy for doubting you.

In any case, Covid has certainly caused tax revenue to go down in New York and everywhere else. Maybe it takes a lot of money to run this event. I don't know.

I hope your children have the opportunity to love their country
It's been said before, but gaslighting when you manipulate someone by having them question their reality. It may lead to insanity, but that is not the goal. Anyone who has seen that event, or even a picture of that event, KNOWS that it could still be done without people breaking lockdown or social distancing. The reality is that Covid is not a factor. So, yes, the officials lying, since all gaslighting is a form of lying. However, the people that believe the statement is truthful are being gaslit, because the facts speak for themselves.
Mayor Deblahblah gathered people together shoulder to shoulder to participate in painting a huge BLM work of graffiti in the street yet he can’t find the means or method to honor 9/11.
The left’s childish tantrums are not unnoticed. People who dislike Trump simply won’t vote because the alternative isn’t better.
(08-16-2020, 10:42 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]It's been said before, but gaslighting when you manipulate someone by having them question their reality. It may lead to insanity, but that is not the goal. Anyone who has seen that event, or even a picture of that event, KNOWS that it could still be done without people breaking lockdown or social distancing. The reality is that Covid is not a factor. So, yes, the officials lying, since all gaslighting is a form of lying. However, the people that believe the statement is truthful are being gaslit, because the facts speak for themselves.

The fact is that the city's revenues are coming in well below projections. What if this event is just too expensive to run the way they've done it in the past?
(08-16-2020, 10:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Mayor Deblahblah gathered people together shoulder to shoulder to participate in painting a huge BLM work of graffiti in the street yet he can’t find the means or method to honor 9/11.
The left’s childish tantrums are not unnoticed. People who dislike Trump simply won’t vote because the alternative isn’t better.

Did it ever occur to you that he might be more aware of what the citizens of the five boroughs of New York want to commemorate than you?

Besides, I doubt the costs are comparable.
(08-16-2020, 11:32 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2020, 10:42 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]It's been said before, but gaslighting when you manipulate someone by having them question their reality. It may lead to insanity, but that is not the goal. Anyone who has seen that event, or even a picture of that event, KNOWS that it could still be done without people breaking lockdown or social distancing. The reality is that Covid is not a factor. So, yes, the officials lying, since all gaslighting is a form of lying. However, the people that believe the statement is truthful are being gaslit, because the facts speak for themselves.

The fact is that the city's revenues are coming in well below projections. What if this event is just too expensive to run the way they've done it in the past?

So what you are saying is Democratic mismanagement of the largest city in our country is responsible for not having the funds to turn on two large lights to honor the victims of the worst terrorist attack on US soil?

Normal people know what this is about. It just goes against your shtick to recognize it.
(08-16-2020, 11:49 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2020, 10:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Mayor Deblahblah gathered people together shoulder to shoulder to participate in painting a huge BLM work of graffiti in the street yet he can’t find the means or method to honor 9/11.

Did it ever occur to you that he might be more aware of what the citizens of the five boroughs of New York want to commemorate than you?

Besides, I doubt the costs are comparable.

There's no study or poll to disprove your opinion so you feel comfortable presenting it as a possibility. But we know it's not true. Common sense and a shared sense of patriotism and loss between the boroughs of NY, who were victimized by that tragedy more than anyone, and the rest of the country dictate that a simple and inexpensive memorial to the victims of 9/11 is broadly supported. DeBlasio is attempting to deflect any event which may unite rather than divide. It's there for anyone to see and is willing to admit it. Regardless, his efforts to divide are irrelevant. The memorial will move forward despite his pettiness.
(08-16-2020, 09:09 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2020, 01:37 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Because only the easily duped think that this kind of display can't be done because of Covid. Even if you limit people attending, it can be seen from all over NY, and it could even be televised. The reason they are giving for canceling this event is a lie. I won't speculate as to the real reason.  

COVID has not caused tax revenue to go down, poor decisions by the Mayor has.

(08-16-2020, 11:32 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

This has nothing to do with the city or tax revenue.  It's out of supposed fear of spreading the kooties (COVID).  You would know that had you bothered to read the article in the OP.
People triggered over lights now?
Pages: 1 2 3