Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week 1 vs Indy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Just got my tickets.  How do yall think this game goes?  Predictions?
High scoring
colts line will annihilate us and rivers will pick apart a bad todd wash defense pretty easily in my opinion.

that said division games week 1 usually have a few surprises so will be a fun watch if nothing else
(08-28-2020, 07:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Just got my tickets.  How do yall think this game goes?  Predictions?
Game won't be played or a bunch of individual players will sit out.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
I think Indy will try to run the ball on us. If they succeed, it will be a long day.
Very bizarre to start the regular season without a pre-season to get some sense of where the teams are. Philip Rivers is the real wild card in my opinion. He always seems to play well against the Jags but he's in a new offense now and he's not getting any younger. I expect they'll score some points against us in a sloppy game but I think our offense will be pretty good this year and their secondary is suspect. We'll be able to keep up. Could come down to a field goal 30-27, pick 'em.
I think we beat them after our offense surprises
(08-29-2020, 06:25 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]Very bizarre to start the regular season without a pre-season to get some sense of where the teams are.  Philip Rivers is the real wild card in my opinion. He always seems to play well against the Jags but he's in a new offense now and he's not getting any younger. I expect they'll score some points against us in a sloppy game but I think our offense will be pretty good this year and their secondary is suspect. We'll be able to keep up. Could come down to a field goal 30-27, pick 'em.

Rivers is definitely the wild card in the division this year imo. If he recaptures his old HOF play he is in a perfect spot to lead the Colts to the division. But he was not good last year, at all. It's very possible that he is washed up and the Colts will end up regretting the signing. Let's hope.
Colts rush for 150+ yards and Rivers finds wide open receivers against our inexperienced and somewhat talent deprived secondary.

Colts 37
Jaguars 27
Jonathan Taylor puts his name at the top of the list for offensive rookie of the year after 1 week.
(08-29-2020, 10:10 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Colts rush for 150+ yards and Rivers finds wide open receivers against our inexperienced and somewhat talent deprived secondary.

Colts 37
Jaguars 27

Something like that
(08-29-2020, 11:14 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Jonathan Taylor puts his name at the top of the list for offensive rookie of the year after 1 week.

Oh crap, I forgot other teams had draft picks this year as well.  Thank God Andrew Luck didn't turn out to be the next Peyton Manning as most people anticipated -- that would have been incredibly depressing.
Colts will win in a very high-scoring game. Final score: 38-31.

I just don't see how the Jags can stop the Colts' running game and that will open it up for Rivers to complete passes at will against our below average secondary.
(08-29-2020, 10:10 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Colts rush for 150+ yards and Rivers finds wide open receivers against our inexperienced and somewhat talent deprived secondary.

Colts 37
Jaguars 27

Between the two teams, I think I'd take our secondary actually.
Rivers always picked us apart mainly because this team never traveled well westward. I don’t know why, they just don’t. Rivers is in our conference now, I don’t see him being as successful.

We win by a touchdown.
With the weirdest offseason ever, it feels surreal to even be discussing a Week 1 game.

I legitimately have no idea what to expect, besides a Jags loss. Rivers owns us.
(08-29-2020, 08:43 AM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]I think we beat them after our offense surprises

I'm going with this^
I'm usually all in on the teal kool aid, but Indy's defense was actually getting pretty good last year, and ours is a little worse. Rivers has owned us, but so did Brady. Until he didn't.

Anyhoo... if you gave me 2:1 odds, I'd take the Jags. Otherwise, I'll take Indy in this one.
I really do hate to be the one, but I think the colts O line will man handle us. Off that Rivers makes plays for days... but in all seriousness I hope I’m wrong but I see a route.
We get rolled. Rivers is now on a better team with a better coach. We might be improved on offense, but we are going to be playing catchup 80% of the time thanks to our young and inexperienced defense, and that usually leads to a higher # of TO's. 42 - 21 Colts, and it isnt that close, we score 2 garbage time 4 qtr TD's.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5