Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What is Likely to Happen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Opinion polls show that Trump voters are far more likely to vote in person than Biden voters.  And of course, Biden voters are far more likely to vote by mail than Trump voters.  

Therefore, by the day after the election, Trump could be leading in all 50 states!   At that point, he will declare victory and say the mail in ballots are fraudulent and should not be counted.  

The mail in ballots should take about 2 weeks to count.  When they are all counted, enough states will declare Biden the winner to swing the electoral college in his favor.  

And then Trump will go to court in an effort to get enough of the mail in ballots thrown out to swing the election back to him.  This will be Bush vs Gore on steroids.   Meanwhile, there will be civil unrest on a wide scale, with many peaceful protests descending into anarchy, violence, looting and burning.   

The courts declare Biden the winner.  Trump refuses to leave the White House, where he is protected by armed right wing militia and QAnon believers occupying the streets.  Street battles break out between armed groups of extreme left and extreme right wingers.   

Trump is forcibly ejected from the White House by the police backed by the military.  Montana, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming secede from the United States.  Alabama debates secession, but they are geographically isolated.  Trump is declared President of the seceding states.  Trump has a heart attack from stress combined with all the junk food he eats, and Don Jr takes his place.  

A wave of right wing terrorism grips Washington DC.  

Civil war ensues.
(08-29-2020, 06:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Opinion polls show that Trump voters are far more likely to vote in person than Biden voters.  And of course, Biden voters are far more likely to vote by mail than Trump voters.  

Therefore, by the day after the election, Trump could be leading in all 50 states!   At that point, he will declare victory and say the mail in ballots are fraudulent and should not be counted.  

The mail in ballots should take about 2 weeks to count.  When they are all counted, enough states will declare Biden the winner to swing the electoral college in his favor.  

And then Trump will go to court in an effort to get enough of the mail in ballots thrown out to swing the election back to him.  This will be Bush vs Gore on steroids.   Meanwhile, there will be civil unrest on a wide scale, with many peaceful protests descending into anarchy, violence, looting and burning.   

The courts declare Biden the winner.  Trump refuses to leave the White House, where he is protected by armed right wing militia and QAnon believers occupying the streets.  Street battles break out between armed groups of extreme left and extreme right wingers.   

Trump is forcibly ejected from the White House by the police backed by the military.  Montana, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming secede from the United States.  Alabama debates secession, but they are geographically isolated.  Trump is declared President of the seceding states.  Trump has a heart attack from stress combined with all the junk food he eats, and Don Jr takes his place.  

Civil war ensues.

Welp, that's better fiction than anything Hollywood has produced in years.

And "likely"? No, it's likely that Trump wins a 48 state landslide against Puddin Brain.
I think the first 4 lines of that could be true.
Crack is whack.
If you are saying Biden voters are lazy, I agree.
If you don't think we are going to have massive contention over mail-in voting, you guys haven't been paying attention. This mail-in voting change is a powder keg waiting to go off.
(08-29-2020, 08:05 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't think we are going to have massive contention over mail-in voting, you guys haven't been paying attention. This mail-in voting change is a powder keg waiting to go off.

Mail in voting isn't happening at this point. Not only for logistical reasons, but the fact that all of their reasons for wanting to do it have been debunked.
(08-29-2020, 08:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2020, 08:05 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't think we are going to have massive contention over mail-in voting, you guys haven't been paying attention. This mail-in voting change is a powder keg waiting to go off.

Mail in voting isn't happening at this point. Not only for logistical reasons, but the fact that all of their reasons for wanting to do it have been debunked.

Then why is the Trump campaign running ads urging their supporters to request their mail in ballots?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/26...all-402503

"Donald Trump Jr. is urging voters to cast absentee ballots in robocalls detected across the nation Wednesday — even as his father continues to rail against widespread mail-in voting.

The robocalls, which reference this week's Republican National Convention have been deployed in 13 states — Arizona, Florida, Iowa, New Mexico, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Virginia, Georgia, Texas and Maine — all states the Trump campaign is targeting. They indicate that either the Trump campaign or Republican National Committee has already mailed absentee-ballot requests to those being called."

I've been doing mail in voting for at least 15 years.  How can you say it's not happening?
(08-29-2020, 08:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2020, 08:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Mail in voting isn't happening at this point. Not only for logistical reasons, but the fact that all of their reasons for wanting to do it have been debunked.

Then why is the Trump campaign running ads urging their supporters to request their mail in ballots?

"Donald Trump Jr. is urging voters to cast absentee ballots in robocalls detected across the nation Wednesday — even as his father continues to rail against widespread mail-in voting.

The robocalls, which reference this week's Republican National Convention have been deployed in 13 states — Arizona, Florida, Iowa, New Mexico, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Virginia, Georgia, Texas and Maine — all states the Trump campaign is targeting. They indicate that either the Trump campaign or Republican National Committee has already mailed absentee-ballot requests to those being called."

I've been doing mail in voting for at least 15 years.  How can you say it's not happening?

Absentee is a different process. You request a ballot.
(08-29-2020, 08:34 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2020, 08:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Then why is the Trump campaign running ads urging their supporters to request their mail in ballots?

That's what I was talking about in my original post.  Polls show that a much higher percentage of Biden supporters than Trump supporters plan to mail in their ballots.  Therefore, Trump could very well end election night leading in most states, but when all the ballots are counted, including the absentee ballots that were mailed in, Biden could be the winner.  And chaos ensues with a scenario straight out of a movie.
(08-29-2020, 06:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Opinion polls show that Trump voters are far more likely to vote in person than Biden voters.  And of course, Biden voters are far more likely to vote by mail than Trump voters.  

Civil war ensues.

As awful and over the top as this sounds, it is completely believable. I believe what we are seeing now, is just the beginning of our descent into madness as a country. People are so divided into their conservative and liberal camps and they are becoming militant in their beliefs. I think a lot of it has to do with Covid-19 and the isolation and frustration it has brought to so many people. Massive amounts of people in the U.S. have become mentally unhinged or are teetering on the edge of sanity and depending on who is declared the winner of this next election, it could be a tipping point for them. Quite frankly, I'm worried. I see no good outcome to this thing.
(08-29-2020, 08:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2020, 08:34 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Absentee is a different process. You request a ballot.

That's what I was talking about in my original post.  Polls show that a much higher percentage of Biden supporters than Trump supporters plan to mail in their ballots.  Therefore, Trump could very well end election night leading in most states, but when all the ballots are counted, including the absentee ballots that were mailed in, Biden could be the winner.  And chaos ensues with a scenario straight out of a movie.

I'm no historian,  but how many of our 45 presidental elections weren't decided by the day after the election? The answer to this could persuade my opinion on the obscenity of having to wait 2 weeks for a result. Not sure why states with absentee processes in place couldn't handle it in a timely manner.
(08-29-2020, 08:48 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2020, 08:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]That's what I was talking about in my original post.  Polls show that a much higher percentage of Biden supporters than Trump supporters plan to mail in their ballots.  Therefore, Trump could very well end election night leading in most states, but when all the ballots are counted, including the absentee ballots that were mailed in, Biden could be the winner.  And chaos ensues with a scenario straight out of a movie.

I'm no historian,  but how many of our 45 presidental elections weren't decided by the day after the election? The answer to this could persuade my opinion on the obscenity of having to wait 2 weeks for a result. Not sure why states with absentee processes in place couldn't handle it in a timely manner.

I know Bush vs Gore in 2000, and Jefferson vs Burr in 1800 both took weeks to decide.  There are probably others.  

The problem with mail in ballots this year of course is that there is a huge volume expected.   Also I know at least in Florida, ballots are verified by comparing the signature on the ballot to the signature on file, plus each ballot is traced to see that it went to the correct address.  But if there is a legal challenge to the results, we could see weeks of Republican and Democratic lawyers arguing over whether signatures were valid.  Republican lawyers will try to throw out as many as possible because they know many more Democrats than Republicans will be voting by mail.  Remember the hanging chads?  This will be signature comparisons.

No matter what the result, the losing side will claim the election was stolen.

In 2000, Al Gore finally conceded and said we should all unite behind the new President.  I can't imagine Trump doing that.
You sound confident Biden will win.
(08-29-2020, 09:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]You sound confident Biden will win.

Right now, I give him a 56.8% chance.  Trump has a path to victory.  But right now, I would bet on Biden.
(08-29-2020, 09:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2020, 09:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]You sound confident Biden will win.

Right now, I give him a 56.8% chance.  Trump has a path to victory.  But right now, I would bet on Biden.

The media is going full bore to create a Biden win, that's for sure. Louisiana has been walloped by hurricane and there's hardly a word of it.
(08-29-2020, 09:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2020, 08:48 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm no historian,  but how many of our 45 presidental elections weren't decided by the day after the election? The answer to this could persuade my opinion on the obscenity of having to wait 2 weeks for a result. Not sure why states with absentee processes in place couldn't handle it in a timely manner.

I know Bush vs Gore in 2000, and Jefferson vs Burr in 1800 both took weeks to decide.  There are probably others.  

The problem with mail in ballots this year of course is that there is a huge volume expected.   Also I know at least in Florida, ballots are verified by comparing the signature on the ballot to the signature on file, plus each ballot is traced to see that it went to the correct address.  But if there is a legal challenge to the results, we could see weeks of Republican and Democratic lawyers arguing over whether signatures were valid.  Republican lawyers will try to throw out as many as possible because they know many more Democrats than Republicans will be voting by mail.  Remember the hanging chads?  This will be signature comparisons.

No matter what the result, the losing side will claim the election was stolen.

In 2000, Al Gore finally conceded and said we should all unite behind the new President.  I can't imagine Trump doing that.

1876 was the one that took the longest to figure out.
You have to remember that ballots, mail-in or not, are only part of the story. the electors are the ones who actually pick the president.
The US supreme Court can rule on the selection of electors, if there is a dispute. That was the pivotal point in 2000. And the Senate can also vote to recognize or not recognize the ballots that the electors send in. That was the pivotal part of the process in 1876.
(08-29-2020, 08:34 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2020, 08:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Then why is the Trump campaign running ads urging their supporters to request their mail in ballots?

Only 9 states and D.C. will automatically mail a ballot to every registered voter this year, 2 states and D.C. doing so for the first time. Every other state requires a request for an absentee ballot. There have been no significant issues in the 6 states where the ballots are automatically mailed to voters process was already in place due to stringent verification policies. Fraud is rare because it is a felony, and because it requires extensive knowledge of a true registered voter's personal information and signature to pull it off. Just because someone receives a ballot in the mail doesn't mean it's automatically counted when returned. A bigger issue is ballot rejection, about 1% nationally but 5% in some states.

Mail-in voting terrifies Trump because the more people vote, the less likely Republicans win. His objections have nothing to do with possible fraud or untimely results.
(08-29-2020, 10:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2020, 09:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Right now, I give him a 56.8% chance.  Trump has a path to victory.  But right now, I would bet on Biden.

The media is going full bore to create a Biden win, that's for sure. Louisiana has been walloped by hurricane and there's hardly a word of it.

Now that he has to campaign, it's over for him. The human body can only take so many of whatever drug they are giving him when he has to go out in public.
(08-29-2020, 10:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2020, 09:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Right now, I give him a 56.8% chance.  Trump has a path to victory.  But right now, I would bet on Biden.

What are you watching? The hurricane has been covered extensively by CNN and MSNBC.

Besides, what do you think Trump wanted covered, the hurricane or his extravagant super spreader nomination celebration on Federal property?
Pages: 1 2