Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: DIR of National Intelligence will stop briefings to Congress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok... so Russia is obviously interfering again, and our new Banana Republic Government is making our government less transparent to the public. This is unprecedented. National Intelligence has always been bi-partisan. This is dangerous.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/29/politics/...index.html
(08-29-2020, 04:07 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Ok... so Russia is obviously interfering again, and our new Banana Republic Government is making our government less transparent to the public. This is unprecedented. National Intelligence has always been bi-partisan. This is dangerous.

How about a link?
RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA!!!!
If it upsets MojoKing, I am on board with the decision and have confidence it is the correct one.
Updates to Congress will be written instead of in person because of concerns over the leaking of classified information from the briefings by Congress Democrats .

This guy seems to be talking about MojoKing in his statement:

"In an election year, we recognize that no matter what the U.S. Intelligence Community says on this issue, it will be parsed, spun and likely criticized in the U.S. political ecosystem. The bottom line is that this represents the most current, accurate and objective election threat information the Intelligence Community has to offer the public at this time," an ODNI official told CNN earlier this month.

"The steps we have taken thus far to inform the public and other key stakeholders on threats to the election ... are unprecedented for the Intelligence Community. We will continue providing election threat updates to the American public, the presidential campaigns, political committees, and members of Congress," the ODNI official added.

(08-29-2020, 04:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA!!!!

And Iran and China

why are you guys being PASSIVE about this?!?!
(08-29-2020, 04:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Updates to Congress will be written instead of in person because of concerns over the leaking of classified information from the briefings by Congress Democrats .

This guy seems to be talking about MojoKing in his statement:

"In an election year, we recognize that no matter what the U.S. Intelligence Community says on this issue, it will be parsed, spun and likely criticized in the U.S. political ecosystem. The bottom line is that this represents the most current, accurate and objective election threat information the Intelligence Community has to offer the public at this time," an ODNI official told CNN earlier this month.

"The steps we have taken thus far to inform the public and other key stakeholders on threats to the election ... are unprecedented for the Intelligence Community. We will continue providing election threat updates to the American public, the presidential campaigns, political committees, and members of Congress," the ODNI official added.

The explanation doesn't make much sense.  Written communication is easier to leak than verbal communication. If you were going to reduce comms in the name of security, you'd cut back on written communication first.
I think (and I could be wrong here), he is saying that if it is written, Intelligence can defend what was said. So, if there is a leak, the accuracy, or lack thereof, can be verified.
To me, the most likely explanation is that the intelligence community thinks they get too many useless and combative questions from Congress, even behind closed doors.
It's not a good sign .
You mean to tell me the elitist in congress will have to read their briefings instead of getting them spoon fed to them? Oh the horrors!
Respectfully... I ask you guys 

I know you think the whole Russia thing was a hoax and they did absolutely nothing to interfere in our election. 

You’re entitled to that train of thought. However, what If Iran and China are helping Biden get elected? Wouldn’t that piss you off? Wouldn’t that make you fear in the sanctity of our Democracy? 

It seems like you all are being very passive when it comes to interference from other countries, particularly countries we DONT have good relationships with. 

I simply ask why does it not bother you guys?
(08-29-2020, 04:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA!!!!

Do you think Russia had nothing to do with meddling in the 2016 election, and the current election?
(08-29-2020, 08:27 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]You mean to tell me the elitist in congress will have to read their briefings instead of getting them spoon fed to them?  Oh the horrors!

Do you not see the difference between written and verbal communication? Verbal allows for follow-up questions and clarification. Why does that bother you?
(08-29-2020, 08:27 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]You mean to tell me the elitist in congress will have to read their briefings instead of getting them spoon fed to them?  Oh the horrors!

Buddy I don't know how to break this to you, but by definition, everybody with an important job in government is an elite...
(08-29-2020, 09:22 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you not see the difference between written and verbal communication? Verbal allows for follow-up questions and clarification. Why does that bother you?
The issue isn't questions, it's that they are using it as a political interview to ask whatever they want. It has nothing to do with whatever was in the briefing and protecting America. They leak whatever they want and don't fear any consequences.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
(08-29-2020, 08:58 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Respectfully... I ask you guys 

I know you think the whole Russia thing was a hoax and they did absolutely nothing to interfere in our election. 

You’re entitled to that train of thought. However, what If Iran and China are helping Biden get elected? Wouldn’t that piss you off? Wouldn’t that make you fear in the sanctity of our Democracy? 

It seems like you all are being very passive when it comes to interference from other countries, particularly countries we DONT have good relationships with. 

I think you missed the point.  I think everyone believes that foreign governments meddle in our elections just as we do in theirs.  The entire point of contention is whether Trump conspired with them.

(08-29-2020, 09:22 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]

It doesn’t bother me either way.  The information is still there.  If you have a question congressman pick up the phone or send an email.

(08-29-2020, 09:25 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

Buddy I don't know how to break this to you, but by definition, everybody with an important job in government is an elite...

Not in my book, they have been pampered far too long.
(08-29-2020, 10:37 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2020, 08:58 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Respectfully... I ask you guys 

I think you missed the point.  I think everyone believes that foreign governments meddle in our elections just as we do in theirs.  The entire point of contention is whether Trump conspired with them.

Then respectfully I ask, what evidence do you have that Trump, did not conspire with them? 
And great If you are saying they interfered, doesn’t it concern you at all that they, Russia our enemy, Putin the guy that kills journalists and poisons the opposition party, wants Trump to be our president?
(08-30-2020, 12:02 AM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2020, 10:37 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ] I think you missed the point.  I think everyone believes that foreign governments meddle in our elections just as we do in theirs.  The entire point of contention is whether Trump conspired with them.

Then respectfully I ask, what evidence do you have that Trump, did not conspire with them? 
And great If you are saying they interfered, doesn’t it concern you at all that they, Russia our enemy, Putin the guy that kills journalists and poisons the opposition party, wants Trump to be our president?
3 years of investigations using manufactured evidence and there is more actual evidence against the DNC and HRC.  

I am just as concern that communist China wants Biden to be president, are you?
(08-30-2020, 12:02 AM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2020, 10:37 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ] I think you missed the point.  I think everyone believes that foreign governments meddle in our elections just as we do in theirs.  The entire point of contention is whether Trump conspired with them.

Lol, you demand he prove innocence, the antithesis of America.
(08-30-2020, 07:23 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2020, 12:02 AM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Then respectfully I ask, what evidence do you have that Trump, did not conspire with them? 

Lol, you demand he prove innocence, the antithesis of America.

The left just knows he is guilty, MSNBC and Occupy Democrats said so.
Pages: 1 2