Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tired of Pessimistic Jags Fans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all" - Aristotle

Every single time I log onto this message board, it makes me sad to see all of the negativity surrounding the team, our personnel, coaching, management, etc. We have weeded out the bad apples/underachievers and now have a clear path for what I know will be an amazing season. There is just no reason we cannot make a serious run at the Ponce De Leon Cup and have several players who will make runs at highly prestigious post season awards.

The Ponce De Leon Cup is named after the spanish conquistador Juan Ponce De Leon who discovered the great state of La Florida (now  Florida) in 1513. Without Juan Ponce De Leon's foresight and courage it is highly likely that Florida would never have been discovered. The Ponce De Leon Cup (#PDL Cup) is awarded to the NFL team in Florida who ends the regular season with the best record. 

Current Standings/Predicted Order of Finish are as Follows:
Jacksonville 0-0
Miami 0-0
Tampa Bay 0-0

Tie Breaker: Highest percentage of fans allowed into home opener. 

While I realize that Tampa Bay has brought in Tom Brady, I see commonalities between Brady to Tampa and Foles to Jacksonville. Two quarterbacks with similar resumes who late in their careers are trying to desperately revive their careers. It didn't work in Jacksonville with Foles and it won't work in Tampa with Brady. Brady is going to learn very quickly how life without Goodell protecting him at every turn makes the NFL much, much more difficult. Goodell cares about two things and two things only - protecting the Pats and screwing the Jags and there just won't be anytime to pacify Tom "I've never won a Super Bowl without Belicek" Brady any longer. 

Other Awards:

- Marrone will win NFL coach of the year. Losing the preseason hurt him as Doug was not able to teach or mentor, but on the flip side it helped us, as teams were not able to get film on us.

- Josh Lambo has to be the frontrunner to win The Golden Boot award this year. There just isn't a better kicker in the league.

Sunday is an important day and I hope fans "turn that frown upside down" before then.
Yeah, I'm tired of the heavy duty pessimism in general including from the national media/non fans that like to talk down on the Jags too. A lot of this talk is actually OTT, obnoxious and disingenous. Like some people acting like the Jags don't have any talented players at all and like we really won't win any games. The Jags definitely have talent especially on offense and while it's hard to win, the likelihood of a team not winning any games or only winning one or two games is low.

Hopefully, the Jags will exceed expectations (which isn't hard for them to do considering how low a lot of people have set for them.) It would be nice if they had at least a decent season. It would be nice if a lot of the naysayers would be proven wrong about them.
(09-09-2020, 09:06 PM)mal234 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I'm tired of the heavy duty pessimism in general including from the national media/non fans that like to talk down on the Jags too. A lot of this talk is actually OTT, obnoxious and disingenous. Like some people acting like the Jags don't have any talented players at all and like we really won't win any games. The Jags definitely have talent especially on offense and while it's hard to win, the likelihood of a team not winning any games or only winning one or two games is low.

Hopefully, the Jags will exceed expectations (which isn't hard for them to do considering how low a lot of people have set for them.) It would be nice if they had at least a decent season. It would be nice if a lot of the naysayers would be proven wrong about them.

I completely agree with you. I think Owner Khan and General Manager Caldwell have done a remarkable job. Our offense should be good for 35-52 about every game if we can stay healthy. Defensively, we just have to be good, but not great.
Defense gonna suck
O-line gonna suck
Mediocre running game at best
3-5 wins
(09-09-2020, 10:13 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Defense gonna suck
O-line gonna suck
3-5 wins

Do you need a tissue?
OMAHA IS THE HERO WE NEED. DTWD LETS BEAT THE CLOTS!
(09-09-2020, 10:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2020, 10:13 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Defense gonna suck
O-line gonna suck
3-5 wins

Do you need a tissue?

I think fans like you are the ones who end up needing one.
Haha, I love this guy.
(09-09-2020, 09:10 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: [ -> ]I completely agree with you. I think Owner Khan and General Manager Caldwell have done a remarkable job. Our offense should be good for 35-52 about every game if we can stay healthy. Defensively, we just have to be good, but not great.

I think you need to check into the concussion protocol.
[Image: SecretUnknownBarnacle-size_restricted.gif]
If only we were the Pyongyang Jaguars, when contentment would be enforceable.  Phat Boi, make Khan an offer!
but.....but......but....we suck!
I'm going down with the ship. I'm not gonna switch. I love our jags!!!!
Hoping for the best, but braced for the worst
...glad to see the teal Kool-aid is still being served during the pandemic.
You can't be mad at people for wanting change.  We had our best season in 2017, now all of the players are gone but the coaches and GM are still here. If you look at our AFC championship game, they were the reason why we loss. 

Its hard to just completely be happy with new unproven players but with the same front office. I hope we win ever game but it seems like we are in a rebuild with a front office incapable of keeping the good talent that and a fanbase that tries to say that we got rid of all our good players, who were "lockeroom cancers", "divas" or "me first players".

We are all still Jaguars fans as you can see because we are on this board but some of us are just not down for blind loyalty to the front office who have consistently shown that they don't know what they are doing. If it was a complete house clean rebuild it would be easier to be optimistic but with part of the problem still here, we will still be skeptical until they prove otherwise.
(09-09-2020, 09:06 PM)mal234 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I'm tired of the heavy duty pessimism in general including from the national media/non fans that like to talk down on the Jags too. 

You do realize we are the 2nd to worst team in the past decade.  The Jags are kind of like the US during the Vietnam war.  We just keep going in to battle and keep getting destroyed but some of the public still find a reason to be optimistic about the immediate outcome.  We're losing talented young bodies and they are being replaced by unskilled kids.

Soldier On !!!

(09-09-2020, 08:56 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: [ -> ] 
Jacksonville 0-0
Miami 0-0
Tampa Bay 0-0

We do play Miami on Sept 24.  That will be for the Cup (as Tampa defaults to #2 with a 0-0 record).  At least we can get 3rd place which isn't bad.  A lot of winter olympic athletes from Jamaica would kill for a 3rd place finish.
(09-10-2020, 10:43 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2020, 09:06 PM)mal234 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I'm tired of the heavy duty pessimism in general including from the national media/non fans that like to talk down on the Jags too. 

You do realize we are the 2nd to worst team in the past decade.  The Jags are kind of like the US during the Vietnam war.  We just keep going in to battle and keep getting destroyed but some of the public still find a reason to be optimistic about the immediate outcome.  We're losing talented young bodies and they are being replaced by unskilled kids.

Soldier On !!!

(09-09-2020, 08:56 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: [ -> ] 
Jacksonville 0-0
Miami 0-0
Tampa Bay 0-0

We do play Miami on Sept 24.  That will be for the Cup (as Tampa defaults to #2 with a 0-0 record).  At least we can get 3rd place which isn't bad.  A lot of winter olympic athletes from Jamaica would kill for a 3rd place finish.

[Image: tumblr_msxfsgbLku1rel180o2_r2_500.gif]
(09-10-2020, 01:08 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]If only we were the Pyongyang Jaguars, when contentment would be enforceable.  Phat Boi, make Khan an offer!

I'm totally down with that.  That London thing is getting a little stale.

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQt2xAGeytE7nUT56TOf...g&usqp=CAU]
I am drinking the teal Kool Aid. This is going to be an exciting season.
Pages: 1 2