Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump's Taxes Revealed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
So the New York Times says Trump paid $750 in federal income tax in 2016 and again in 2017.  He did not pay any income tax in 10 out of 15 years prior to that.   

Trump denies the report, which he could easily disprove if he released his tax returns, but he still refuses to do so.
I wouldn’t imagine he paid much in income taxes what did he pay in capital gain taxes would give a full picture.
Yawn..anything illegal.

He told everyone when he was running for President in 2016 straight up that he took advantage of the tax loopholes during his time in the private sector.. loopholes set up and used by many in our government.

Dead Fish.. But when you lead off with a 3+ year B.S Russian collusion coup and impeach the United States President.. everything else falls on deaf ears..
(09-28-2020, 06:03 AM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn’t imagine he paid much in income taxes what did he pay in capital gain taxes would give a full picture.

Capital gain taxes are income taxes.
Fake news.

The Times again cites "anonymous sources" who supposedly obtained "data".  The article isn't news reporting (as usual from the liberal media), rather it's an opinion piece.

From the fake news source.
Quote:The New York Times has obtained tax-return data extending over more than two decades for Mr. Trump and the hundreds of companies that make up his business organization, including detailed information from his first two years in office. It does not include his personal returns for 2018 or 2019. This article offers an overview of The Times’s findings; additional articles will be published in the coming weeks.

In response to a letter summarizing The Times’s findings, Alan Garten, a lawyer for the Trump Organization, said that “most, if not all, of the facts appear to be inaccurate” and requested the documents on which they were based. After The Times declined to provide the records, in order to protect its sources, Mr. Garten took direct issue only with the amount of taxes Mr. Trump had paid.
(09-28-2020, 07:12 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]Fake news.

The Times again cites "anonymous sources" who supposedly obtained "data".  The article isn't news reporting (as usual from the liberal media), rather it's an opinion piece.

Quote:The New York Times has obtained tax-return data extending over more than two decades for Mr. Trump and the hundreds of companies that make up his business organization, including detailed information from his first two years in office. It does not include his personal returns for 2018 or 2019. This article offers an overview of The Times’s findings; additional articles will be published in the coming weeks.

In response to a letter summarizing The Times’s findings, Alan Garten, a lawyer for the Trump Organization, said that “most, if not all, of the facts appear to be inaccurate” and requested the documents on which they were based. After The Times declined to provide the records, in order to protect its sources, Mr. Garten took direct issue only with the amount of taxes Mr. Trump had paid.

But Trump can easily refute this so-called "fake news" by releasing his tax returns.  Why doesn't he do that?  He's the first President in modern history to not publish his tax returns.  Why is that?  

He can deny all he wants, but he has the evidence, and he refuses to publish it.
Marty, for the 1000000000000th time. He is under audit.

Besides, why release when he can drive you people THIS crazy?
(09-28-2020, 07:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Marty, for the 1000000000000th time. He is under audit.

That's an empty excuse.  Nothing about being under audit is keeping him from releasing his returns.
(09-28-2020, 07:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2020, 07:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Marty, for the 1000000000000th time. He is under audit.

That's an empty excuse.  Nothing about being under audit is keeping him from releasing his returns.

Is your assumption coming from a place of opinion or being an expert in tax law? Millions of tax law experts on Twitter these days.

Did the NYT hit piece mention anything about payroll tax? Better yet, ties to Russia?
What the #NYTimes "explosive headline" on Trump's Tax Returns doesn't say:

Thanks to a #BarackObama Bill in Nov 2009:

"business owners could request full refunds of taxes paid in the prior four years, and 50 percent of those from the year before that"

https://t.co/373z82Yg9o https://t.co/Ep3eQHZ6CJ
There is another reason he wouldn't want his taxes released: He's a narcissist. This is a point that most of us agree upon, yet it's discarded by the right when it's convenient and by the left when it's convenient. If you filter most of Trump's actions through that lens, you can probably arrive at the motivation for most of his actions. I think he doesn't want to release his taxes because he doesn't want people to know how much he makes. I think there are people that vastly over-inflate Trump's worth, and he enjoys that.
(09-28-2020, 07:47 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]There is another reason he wouldn't want his taxes released: He's a narcissist. This is a point that most of us agree upon, yet it's discarded by the right when it's convenient and by the left when it's convenient. If you filter most of Trump's actions through that lens, you can probably arrive at the motivation for most of his actions. I think he doesn't want to release his taxes because he doesn't want people to know how much he makes. I think there are people that vastly over-inflate Trump's worth, and he enjoys that.

Income taxes don't prove anybody's net worth anyway.
I thought the original need for people to see his tax returns were to confirm any "shady" interactions with Russia. Wasn't this the sole reason? Did the NYT anonymous source find anything about this? Guessing they didn't, since we didn't hear about it.

Secondly, why are people so upset at people using the tax laws to their advantage? Every normal person I know what's to pay as minimal in tax as possible.

Finally, Trump earned 400K each year in office and donated all of that money to charity. I am surprised he even had to pay as much as $750 in taxes to be honest. That seems like a lot.
I wasn't talking about his net worth. When I say people over-inflate his worth, I just mean that he likes people to think he's super rich. If he releases his returns and people start attacking his wealth, that would be worse than them saying he's a crook to a narcissist. Keep in mind, the economy and taxes are not really my thing. My wife does our taxes, and I've never really bothered to learn the ins and outs of the system. I am completely dependent on others to tell me what's true or not true in this regard. I am speaking strictly hypothetically with regards to his psychology.
I can only imagine the tax filings for someone of that wealth and with so many holdings around the world have to be complicated. Does anyone doubt the MSM and political enemies (same thing) would cherry pick his returns for information to present without context or full disclosure in attempts to smear him?

I've always been ambivalent about the release of tax returns from any candidate. It just doesn't really matter to me. As weaponized as the democrats left every other bureaucracy, I'm sure the IRS is loaded with leftist stoolies, a la Lois Lerner. If something in his returns screamed scandal and corruption, Schiff for Brains would have gotten his 'whistleblower' by now.

(09-28-2020, 07:47 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]There is another reason he wouldn't want his taxes released: He's a narcissist. This is a point that most of us agree upon, yet it's discarded by the right when it's convenient and by the left when it's convenient. If you filter most of Trump's actions through that lens, you can probably arrive at the motivation for most of his actions. I think he doesn't want to release his taxes because he doesn't want people to know how much he makes. I think there are people that vastly over-inflate Trump's worth, and he enjoys that.

Quite possibly Trump himself.
(09-28-2020, 08:04 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't talking about his net worth. When I say people over-inflate his worth, I just mean that he likes people to think he's super rich. If he releases his returns and people start attacking his wealth, that would be worse than them saying he's a crook to a narcissist. Keep in mind, the economy and taxes are not really my thing. My wife does our taxes, and I've never really bothered to learn the ins and outs of the system. I am completely dependent on others to tell me what's true or not true in this regard. I am speaking strictly hypothetically with regards to his psychology.

That's ok. 99% of us are too. That is why we hire accountants or other qualified people (your wife) who know what they are doing.

Nobody will argue he isn't a narcissist, but that doesn't make him a criminal. 

The trend I see is that the left always tends to shoot for the stars to drag someone through the mud, and when they land on the moon, it doesn't seem that bad. It's like an AG emotionally charging cops with 1st degree murder then when they get off for manslaughter, people are disappointed.

(09-28-2020, 08:05 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I can only imagine the tax filings for someone of that wealth and with so many holdings around the world have to be complicated. Does anyone doubt the MSM and political enemies (same thing) would cherry pick his returns for information to present without context or full disclosure in attempts to smear him?

I've always been ambivalent about the release of tax returns from any candidate. It just doesn't really matter to me. As weaponized as the democrats left every other bureaucracy, I'm sure the IRS is loaded with leftist stoolies, a la Lois Lerner. If something in his returns screamed scandal and corruption, Schiff for Brains would have gotten his 'whistleblower' by now.

Exactly. The media has not shown themselves to be worthy of receiving his tax returns because they will not factually report the overall picture and instead produce shock headlines your everyday layman reads.

When Trump wins in November, I hope he never speaks to the MSM again.
(09-28-2020, 06:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]So the New York Times says Trump paid $750 in federal income tax in 2016 and again in 2017.  He did not pay any income tax in 10 out of 15 years prior to that.   

Trump denies the report, which he could easily disprove if he released his tax returns, but he still refuses to do so.

There is a simple solution to this but the very people that are screaming bloody murder over $750 are the same ones that oppose the fair/flat tax.
So are these Trump's personal tax returns, all his companies, a cherry picked company, etc. If this is personal taxes, I have no doubt he isn't personally getting much income if any at all. Everything else would go through businesses and other protections.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
(09-28-2020, 07:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2020, 07:12 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]Fake news.

But Trump can easily refute this so-called "fake news" by releasing his tax returns.  Why doesn't he do that?  He's the first President in modern history to not publish his tax returns.  Why is that?  

He can deny all he wants, but he has the evidence, and he refuses to publish it.

It's probably even worse than what the article says. That's why he won't do it. 

If trump doesn't pay taxes, why should we? This just proves how broken our system really is. It rewards the rich and it always will. People who are already rich pay nothing into the system, because they find ways to get around it, while the middle class and the poor pay so much of a percentage of their income, they can't afford everyday needs.

I'm so sick of hearing anything that shows Trump in a bad light, being called "fake news." His "cronies" also blame anything bad he does on Obama or Hillary, even though any thinking person knows this is ridiculous. It's all about deflection and deception.

Bingo!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7