Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Could Kiffen take over as DC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Could Monte Kiffen handle the defensive coordinator position for the rest of the year when the change comes? Marrone could certainly handle head coach. If this is workable then we could have a fairly smooth shift to finish the year.
The dude Is like 106 years old lol
But then again still probably better than gus and wash
lol

Do you guys not understand? Our coaching staff isn't going anywhere this season. We are going to win 1 of these next two, just enough for all of those losers to stick around. Even if we lose the next two I'd bet no one goes because Khan is just that kind of man, sticking to his word that bradley will be given a full season, or else he would have been gone last year. As much as everyone including myself wants this inept high school coaching staff gone, we are stuck with them for the season. Live with it
Quote:Do you guys not understand? Our coaching staff isn't going anywhere this season. We are going to win 1 of these next two, just enough for all of those losers to stick around. Even if we lose the next two I'd bet no one goes because Khan is just that kind of man, sticking to his word that bradley will be given a full season, or else he would have been gone last year. As much as everyone including myself wants this inept high school coaching staff gone, we are stuck with them for the season. Live with it

Got a quote for that?
Quote:Got a quote for that?

Even then, I doubt he's a guy who will get it during the seasons. Owner Shad Khan is a patient man who understands the process. That's why Bradley came back for this season in the first place. To let him go now would admit you were wrong to bring him back. Khan has said he wouldn't make a change during the season, but that's subject to change.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/monday-musings-0-2-jags-heading-in-wrong-direction-and-thats-on-gus-bradley/'>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/monday-musings-0-2-jags-heading-in-wrong-direction-and-thats-on-gus-bradley/</a>
Quote:Even then, I doubt he's a guy who will get it during the seasons. Owner Shad Khan is a patient man who understands the process. That's why Bradley came back for this season in the first place. To let him go now would admit you were wrong to bring him back. Khan has said he wouldn't make a change during the season, but that's subject to change.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/monday-musings-0-2-jags-heading-in-wrong-direction-and-thats-on-gus-bradley/'>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/monday-musings-0-2-jags-heading-in-wrong-direction-and-thats-on-gus-bradley/</a>
If we lose this sunday and in London, you can bet your butt that the Gus Bus will be decommissioned by Khan. 
Quote:If we lose this sunday and in London, you can bet your butt that the Gus Bus will be decommissioned by Khan. 

You better believe it!

The 'Stache ain't THAT patient.
Quote:If we lose this sunday and in London, you can bet your butt that the Gus Bus will be decommissioned by Khan.

I hope you're right, but has anyone made a switch mid season and then turned it around? I am asking for real, I can't think of anyone.
Quote:I hope you're right, but has anyone made a switch mid season and then turned it around? I am asking for real, I can't think of anyone.

Al Davis fired Mike Shanahan after a 1-3 start, Art Shell took over as interim coach and went 8-8. Went 12-4 the next year.
Quote:If we lose this sunday and in London, you can bet your butt that the Gus Bus will be decommissioned by Khan. 
I don't think so, I think he's here for the season...I recall reading somewhere after last season, or maybe it was a video, IDK for sure which, Khan made a comment that was something like, he never considered firing Gus during the (last) season, and he did not believe that firing a coach during the season would make a big enough difference for the season to do so... or something along those lines...Firing a coach just to be rid of him doesn't solve the problem as no new scheme can be put in place during the season, so more than likely it would be the same coaching staff minus Gus, using the exact same scheme for the remainder of the season, plus he would still be paying Gus...Basically no change other than we wouldn't see Gus anymore
Could you imagine having Bradley and Wash run your billion dollar organization?  Mind blowing.

Quote:Could Monte Kiffen handle the defensive coordinator position for the rest of the year when the change comes? Marrone could certainly handle head coach. If this is workable then we could have a fairly smooth shift to finish the year.
... Khan has already said that he will give Gus a full season to try to have a winning year. So get over it; Gus isn't going anywhere this season. Depending on how the season goes he may be here long term. If we can't reach at least 8-8 by the end of the season then he's probably gone. If we do manage at least 8-8, he stays; simple as that.
Quote:I don't think so, I think he's here for the season...I recall reading somewhere after last season, or maybe it was a video, IDK for sure which, Khan made a comment that was something like, he never considered firing Gus during the (last) season, and he did not believe that firing a coach during the season would make a big enough difference for the season to do so... or something along those lines...Firing a coach just to be rid of him doesn't solve the problem as no new scheme can be put in place during the season, so more than likely it would be the same coaching staff minus Gus, using the exact same scheme for the remainder of the season, plus he would still be paying Gus...Basically no change other than we wouldn't see Gus anymore

That alone is a valid reason to fire him. It may not improve the record this season, but it gives hope to the fans. Admittedly it would be false hope, but hope nonetheless. It shows that Khan actually cares, and is not too busy playing with his soccer team to bother with the Jags.

Quote:... Khan has already said that he will give Gus a full season to try to have a winning year. So get over it; Gus isn't going anywhere this season. Depending on how the season goes he may be here long term. If we can't reach at least 8-8 by the end of the season then he's probably gone. If we do manage at least 8-8, he stays; simple as that.

This team? 8-8? When they're blown out tomorrow and get 40 hung on them by the clots then this guy is history. 8-8, what a pipe dream.
Quote:Do you guys not understand? Our coaching staff isn't going anywhere this season. We are going to win 1 of these next two, just enough for all of those losers to stick around. Even if we lose the next two I'd bet no one goes because Khan is just that kind of man, sticking to his word that bradley will be given a full season, or else he would have been gone last year. As much as everyone including myself wants this inept high school coaching staff gone, we are stuck with them for the season. Live with it
His managers of Fulham would beg to differ.
Quote:That alone is a valid reason to fire him. It may not improve the record this season, but it gives hope to the fans. Admittedly it would be false hope, but hope nonetheless. It shows that Khan actually cares, and is not too busy playing with his soccer team to bother with the Jags.
Firing him just to be rid of him serves no purpose...when the Jags still suck after he gets fired then what? Fire Caldwell? Oh hell...Just fire everyone from Khan down to the guy who sweeps the floors
Quote:Firing him just to be rid of him serves no purpose...when the Jags still suck after he gets fired then what? Fire Caldwell? Oh hell...Just fire everyone from Khan down to the guy who sweeps the floors
Apparently that guy isn't sweeping the corners.
Quote:This team? 8-8? When they're blown out tomorrow and get 40 hung on them by the clots then this guy is history. 8-8, what a pipe dream.
I think he's right...Khan won't fire him just to appease the fan base...He has this whole season...An interim coach won't turn this team around, so firing Gus just have him gone will solve nothing and make no change for this year

Quote:This team? 8-8? When they're blown out tomorrow and get 40 hung on them by the clots then this guy is history. 8-8, what a pipe dream.
IDK why this posted twice, but I'm only answering once 
Pages: 1 2