Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Yannick trade potentially just got better
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Per Adam Schefter, the portion of the Yannick trade provision that says the 5th round pick becoming a third if he wins the Super Bowl is not tied to the Vikings.  So now with the subsequent trade to the Ravens, he goes from a team with essentially zero chance of winning the Superbowl, to the Ravens who are among the favorites.  And the interesting thing, is we wouldn't get Raven's third, we'd get Vikings third.

Assuming that wasn't accidental on Caldwell's part, that pretty darn smart.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...7989148673
I don’t expect ravens to win the SB. They beat up bad teams and wither against good teams. Not to mention Lamar Jackson’s propensity for transforming into Peyton Manning in the playoffs. But the there was a pick that becomes a fourth rounder if Ngakoue makes the pro bowl. That’s likely to happen
It was written into the trade agreement so it was definitely smart.
(11-01-2020, 06:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]It was written into the trade agreement so it was definitely smart.

Dang.

Vikings are dumber then I give them credit for
Baltimore winning the SB would be tough. They need to get past the Steeers first. They had it going the first half, but couldn’t finish the job. I’ll be rooting for them, mainly for the pick, then for Calais.
(11-01-2020, 06:38 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t expect ravens to win the SB. They beat up bad teams and wither against good teams. Not to mention Lamar Jackson’s propensity for transforming into Peyton Manning in the playoffs. But the there was a pick that becomes a fourth rounder if Ngakoue makes the pro bowl. That’s likely to happen

Gosh, watching the highlights from yesterday, Lamar's throwing motion is just painful to watch.

I suspect you are right that their chances of winning the whole shebang is slim.
I think the Ravens just have to get to the SB. Still a tall order.
I'm pulling for them
Lamar Jackson doesn’t have what it takes to win in the playoffs. He can’t play from the pocket consistently and make progressions and decisions against top tier teams. That’s a skill that only very few have.. if you take away his mobility he’s a very mediocre QB.
(11-02-2020, 10:54 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]Lamar Jackson doesn’t have what it takes to win in the playoffs. He can’t play from the pocket consistently and make progressions and decisions against top tier teams. That’s a skill that only very few have.. if you take away his mobility he’s a very mediocre QB.

TBF. their offense if flawed. It feels like half their passing game is not complementary with their running game especially in 2 min/must pass situations. It makes LJ's game much harder. No one should be expecting him to become a DB/PM level passer, but there are ways to make those route concepts and plays easier.
Vikings GM

[Image: sad-unhappy-lawyer-attorney-biglaw-assoc...ressed.jpg]
He got something back for what he gave up. They thought they had a shot this year, it didn't work but he was able to at least get something back. While he is betting they don't make the superbowl, it's still good odds that they don't.
(11-02-2020, 09:47 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2020, 06:38 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t expect ravens to win the SB. They beat up bad teams and wither against good teams. Not to mention Lamar Jackson’s propensity for transforming into Peyton Manning in the playoffs. But the there was a pick that becomes a fourth rounder if Ngakoue makes the pro bowl. That’s likely to happen

Gosh, watching the highlights from yesterday, Lamar's throwing motion is just painful to watch.

I suspect you are right that their chances of winning the whole shebang is slim.

I still think they have a chance because of there defense.  If Lamar can just be a good game manager and not turn the ball over they have a chance
(11-01-2020, 06:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]It was written into the trade agreement so it was definitely smart.

I don't think Caldwell would have anticipated that the Vikings would trade for Ngakoue, and then trade him away the same season.  I think the way the clause may benefit us is just accidental.
(11-02-2020, 10:54 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]Lamar Jackson doesn’t have what it takes to win in the playoffs. He can’t play from the pocket consistently and make progressions and decisions against top tier teams. That’s a skill that only very few have.. if you take away his mobility he’s a very mediocre QB.

Yeah man.  He was ranked #2 qb in fantasy pre draft.   Dude sucks in getting fantasy points.
(11-02-2020, 12:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't think Caldwell would have anticipated that the Vikings would trade for Ngakoue, and then trade him away the same season.  I think the way the clause may benefit us is just accidental.

Agreed. The language of any "conditional" draft pick agreement is written that way.  There was no genius or intelligence at work.  I wouldn't expect to have to say that when discussing Caldwell, but his few remaining apologists are quite loyal.
Yep. It's completely standard. Nothing unusual about it......

Which is why Adam Shefter went out of his way to tweet about it.
(11-02-2020, 11:19 PM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]Yep. It's completely standard.  Nothing unusual about it......

You have to remember, people on a message board clearly know more about this kind of stuff than people who do it for a living.  Laughing
(11-03-2020, 12:24 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2020, 11:19 PM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]Yep. It's completely standard.  Nothing unusual about it......

You have to remember, people on a message board clearly know more about this kind of stuff than people who do it for a living.  Laughing

#1.  Its already been reported that is the case with trading a player for conditional draft picks and this situation was nothing unusual with the agreement.

#2.  Shefter reported it because the situation with the trade of a higher profile player who has a conditional draft pick attached to him is unusual, but not the agreement.

#3.  You are both on a message board.

#4. By January 2021, neither Caldwell nor I will be doing that kind of stuff for a living.
whatever you say bud  Laughing
Pages: 1 2 3