Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Does everyone say yes or no to Wentz?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know how we feel about free agents for the most part. How sour we are on them. But the question must be considered.

He seems to be going foul with the Eagles. A few years ago he was considered upper echelon. He's struggling this year but hey...everyone goes thru that.

I have less faith in a draft pick than a free agent! At least a free agent, you've seen them perform in the NFL. Does it not work sometimes, sure, but I think that has more to do with system or personnel. As in Foles, I believe he MUST have a team with TE.

What yall say about Wentz?
I think he might be a good fit here with our young receivers, Collin Johnson, Chark and Cole (if he's still here).  We've got a good running game here, something he doesnt currently have in Phiily.  Might be worth a shot at a bargain price, if Philly is desperate enough to get rid of him.  Then use those draft picks to build the rest of the team around him.
Not just no...
[Image: 7fddbe75642ff31d3dc99a8466fcee9d.jpg]
I dont care for the QBs projected to be available at 2 and would prefer x stud at 2 plus Wentz over Fields or Wilson. I see Wentz taking a beating, physically, in Philly though. Is their line that bad?
No! Wentz has had plenty of talent in Philly and has never been considered as a top tier talent.
The line or the QB? Did you notice how much better the Jags o-line been recently? It's the new QB...
Ask Vic says:

Dalton from Medford, WI
If Vic is head coach of the Eagles, does he bench Carson Wentz?
Continuing to play him is only making matters worse. He's lost his game. He's not setting his feet and he's afraid to step up in the pocket. He looks skittish; he's peeking at the rush. His delivery makes Kaepernick's look Marino-like. If Pederson can't rebuild him, he'll have to trade him to the Bears.
I am not sure the Eagles can release him as his dead money would be insane.
Downgrade from a healthy Minshew. Not even that close. Vic's spot on.
I'm going to say no. I don't think that the Jags, (unless we maybe get a really good regime in place) can help fix Carson and whatever's going on with him. He's playing very off right now and if Doug Pederson can't help him, I don't believe a rebuilding Jags team can. If Carson leaves the Eagles then I think that he would be better off with a more experienced Head Coach/team that is consistently competitive. That's not the Jags right now.
Doug Pederson never built him, Frank Reich did
(12-07-2020, 07:47 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Doug Pederson never built him, Frank Reich did

100% agree here. Reich was directly involved with Wentz' development.

To answer the question for OP, no.
(12-07-2020, 07:50 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2020, 07:47 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Doug Pederson never built him, Frank Reich did

100% agree here. Reich was directly involved with Wentz' development.

I hope he doesn't end up in Indy when Methuselah leaves.
(12-07-2020, 08:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2020, 07:50 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]100% agree here. Reich was directly involved with Wentz' development.

I hope he doesn't end up in Indy when Methuselah leaves.

I actually could see that being a very good fit.
Why is everyone so interested in re-treads?
With a golden ticket to be cashed in on Lawrence or Fields, not just no, but hell no.. You take your franchise QB and hope for the best..
He's not even any good. He leads the league in off target throws and his cap hit jumps way up on the remaining years of his contract.

$34.6m in 2021
$31.2m in 2022
$36.2m in 2023
$32m in 2024

Big no thanks.

Draft a QB in the 1st and go from there.
I wish we could get Alex Smith somehow and let the rook sit for a year behind a true vet than can take us to the playoffs and possibly make some noise. I doubt Wash would get rid of him though
(12-07-2020, 05:00 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: [ -> ]I know how we feel about free agents for the most part. How sour we are on them. But the question must be considered.

He seems to be going foul with the Eagles. A few years ago he was considered upper echelon. He's struggling this year but hey...everyone goes thru that.

I have less faith in a draft pick than a free agent! At least a free agent, you've seen them perform in the NFL. Does it not work sometimes, sure, but I think that has more to do with system or personnel. As in Foles, I believe he MUST have a team with TE.

What yall say about Wentz?

There was already another thread about this. Trading for him is moronic on both sides. The Iggles would accelerate 35M of prorated bonus onto their current cap with a trade, and the trading team would pay him 25M guranteed next year and over 20M for the following 3 years after that. With the twoth pick of the darft, you can get someone better than Wentz, and someone a whole heckuva lot cheaper.

Releasing him would be even dumber for the iggles, it would be nearly $60M against their cap to rip up his contract.

He is the albatross around every iggle fan's neck.

(12-07-2020, 05:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Ask Vic says:

Dalton from Medford, WI
If Vic is head coach of the Eagles, does he bench Carson Wentz?
Continuing to play him is only making matters worse. He's lost his game. He's not setting his feet and he's afraid to step up in the pocket. He looks skittish; he's peeking at the rush. His delivery makes Kaepernick's look Marino-like. If Pederson can't rebuild him, he'll have to trade him to the Bears.

beat me to it, biscuit. Kudos to Vic for dropping a line sure to please his Packer readership.
Pages: 1 2 3