Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Judge Rules People Can Choose What Gender Is On Birth Certificate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Judge Rules People Can Choose What Gender Is On Birth Certificate

A federal judge ruled last week that Ohio must allow “corrections” on birth certificates issued by the state from one’s biological sex to a chosen gender.

https://conservativepost.com/judge-rules...QjH_vVCJYQ
How many genders? Can men who identify as women register as organ donors for their ovaries?
(12-23-2020, 02:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]How many genders? Can men who identify as women register as organ donors for their ovaries?

[Image: giphy.gif]
(12-23-2020, 02:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]How many genders? Can men who identify as women register as organ donors for their ovaries?

There are people who are "intersex" where, medically, it's ambiguous if they have testes or ovaries.

It's rare, but I have plenty of sympathy for such a person.

I have some sympathy for people who have delusions of their mind and their body being different genders.  But not enough sympathy to fully indulge in their delusion with them.  

That said, I don't think this is the government's battle to fight.  It doesn't take anything away from my family if my neighbor changes the designation on his driver's license.  I use the sex offender registry to figure out who the threats to my family are, I don't do it by gender identity.
This country is over bruh

I agree with SC here.  It’s not that I care whatever sex someone wants to refer to themselves as being, but saying that you were born a female when you were actually born a male is nothing more than an outright lie.  Next, transgenders will want to erase the fact that they had gender reassignment surgery...and for what purpose other than to continue the illusion?
?
(12-23-2020, 11:19 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree with SC here.  It’s not that I care whatever sex someone wants to refer to themselves as being, but saying that you were born a female when you were actually born a male is nothing more than an outright lie.  Next, transgenders will want to erase the fact that they had gender reassignment surgery...and for what purpose other than to continue the illusion?

Walk a mile in someone else's shoes before you judge.
(12-24-2020, 04:03 AM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2020, 11:19 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with SC here.  It’s not that I care whatever sex someone wants to refer to themselves as being, but saying that you were born a female when you were actually born a male is nothing more than an outright lie.  Next, transgenders will want to erase the fact that they had gender reassignment surgery...and for what purpose other than to continue the illusion?

So I have to be a murderer before I can say that murder is wrong?
Take the rest of the year off captivating.
(12-24-2020, 10:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Take the rest of the year off captivating.

Look, I'm completely sympathetic to people with mental illness, but that stops long before the current Affirmation and Celebration Therapy going on these days. People who are sick should be helped to get well, not told that their illness is wonderful. The whole of lefty culture is nothing but the glorification of make believe and people are literally dying because of their lies.
(12-23-2020, 11:19 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with SC here.  It’s not that I care whatever sex someone wants to refer to themselves as being, but saying that you were born a female when you were actually born a male is nothing more than an outright lie.  Next, transgenders will want to erase the fact that they had gender reassignment surgery...and for what purpose other than to continue the illusion?

He's not judging, only stating an absolute. 

It's all about the science, right? How do you defend altering what science dictates as fact?

To me, it's similar to a person being born in Canada and later insisting that their birth certificate come from Brazil (and state that they were born in Brazil) because they have always felt a "connection" there.

Again, no problem if said individual wants to emigrate to Brazil and bask in that culture for the rest of their life, but saying they come from there is not being truthful.  It's not about a life choice, it's about lying.  As parents, aren't we supposed to teach our children that lying is bad?

I'll admit that I am biased when it comes to transgender concerns and I also think the whole non-binary sex push is misguided.  Playing the hand you are dealt and making the most of it used to be recognized as an admirable quality.  Fabricating a false backstory to cover your tracks does not equate to adapting & overcoming IMHO.
(12-24-2020, 11:09 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2020, 10:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Take the rest of the year off captivating.

Look, I'm completely sympathetic to people with mental illness, but that stops long before the current Affirmation and Celebration Therapy going on these days. People who are sick should be helped to get well, not told that their illness is wonderful. The whole of lefty culture is nothing but the glorification of make believe and people are literally dying because of their lies.

Couldn't have said it better.
This isn't about hate or about love.  It's just about truth.  We shouldn't mock a male who goes about his daily activities in women's clothes, but we shouldn't hold them up as examples of bravery either.  The people with the training to help them shouldn't be encouraging coddling and body modification.  They should be encouraging coping strategies.
(12-24-2020, 02:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2020, 11:09 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Look, I'm completely sympathetic to people with mental illness, but that stops long before the current Affirmation and Celebration Therapy going on these days. People who are sick should be helped to get well, not told that their illness is wonderful. The whole of lefty culture is nothing but the glorification of make believe and people are literally dying because of their lies.

This isn't about hate or about love.  It's just about truth.  We shouldn't mock a male who goes about his daily activities in women's clothes, but we shouldn't hold them up as examples of bravery either.  The people with the training to help them shouldn't be encouraging coddling and body modification.  They should be encouraging coping strategies.

I agree with FSG & Mike.
(12-24-2020, 02:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2020, 11:09 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Look, I'm completely sympathetic to people with mental illness, but that stops long before the current Affirmation and Celebration Therapy going on these days. People who are sick should be helped to get well, not told that their illness is wonderful. The whole of lefty culture is nothing but the glorification of make believe and people are literally dying because of their lies.

Why does it matter and why are people getting their knickers in a twist.  Why does it matter if Elliot Page wants to be recognised as a male from birth?

So long as this isn't exploited in the sporting world, it simply doesn't matter.

(12-24-2020, 11:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2020, 04:03 AM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]Walk a mile in someone else's shoes before you judge.

He's not judging, only stating an absolute. 

It's all about the science, right? How do you defend altering what science dictates as fact?

If we are going to only look at the science, then I suppose we ban people from believing in creationism and that Earth is only 6,000 years old.
(12-25-2020, 09:26 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2020, 02:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't have said it better.

Why does it matter and why are people getting their knickers in a twist.  Why does it matter if Elliot Page wants to be recognised as a male from birth?

So long as this isn't exploited in the sporting world, it simply doesn't matter.

(12-24-2020, 11:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]He's not judging, only stating an absolute. 

If we are going to only look at the science, then I suppose we ban people from believing in creationism and that Earth is only 6,000 years old.

Are you not paying attention? The are trying to force you to agree with their lies and will punish you if you don't. It matters a great deal.

(12-24-2020, 11:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]He's not judging, only stating an absolute. 

You’re flailing. Equivocation is a poor argument.

So what do we do when it is exploited in the sporting world?  It's only a matter of time, especially in professional sports, which is where there the money is.  Can any male who "identifies" as a female compete in women's golf or tennis?  Do we petition the IOC to abolish all gender specific events?  

Where do you draw the line?
(12-26-2020, 04:55 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2020, 09:26 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]Why does it matter and why are people getting their knickers in a twist.  Why does it matter if Elliot Page wants to be recognised as a male from birth?

So what do we do when it is exploited in the sporting world?  It's only a matter of time, especially in professional sports, which is where there the money is.  Can any male who "identifies" as a female compete in women's golf or tennis?  Do we petition the IOC to abolish all gender specific events?  

Where do you draw the line?

I doubt this is an elaborate ruse by a syndicate just to trick the world in allowing this change just so men can compete in woman's sport.

Transgender participation is sports is already an issue....so it's not really creating a new problem.
Pages: 1 2