Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The next two weeks will decide the season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We really dont know how good or bad we are

The first game vs the Packers, we played them though, and felt like they were a super bowl type team

The Chargers game which I felt we would lose before the year, didnt think we would get blown out but it was a west coast trip where we suck most of the time

Now after the next two games I feel if we are not 2-2, Gus Bradley should be fired on the spot, because 1-3 or 0-4 the season is over for this team

The Ravens team which won ugly week 1 and then was getting blown out early vs the Browns in week two but came back, we are at home and thats a game you better win.

Then we have a Indy team in London where we should have home field advantage, they have a terrible defense and our offense should be back going right by then

These 2 weeks is the season, are we gonna start looking at the draft or will we still be talking about winning the AFC south, put up or shut up time

Agreed.  But if we lose this Sunday to the Ravens at home, Gus should be fired right then and there.  No sense in waiting for him to go 0-4 the following week.

Quote:Agreed.  But if we lose this Sunday to the Ravens at home, Gus should be fired right then and there.  No sense in waiting for him to go 0-4 the following week.
I doubt it will be after the Ravens game but if he does lose, you can expect him to be fired after London to give Marrone (or whomever) 2 weeks to prepare.
Quote:Agreed.  But if we lose this Sunday to the Ravens at home, Gus should be fired right then and there.  No sense in waiting for him to go 0-4 the following week.
Wait so we can leave him in London lol
Cleatwood - I doubt it too, but my reasoning is, what does it matter?  This way Marrone (or whomever) gets a game under his belt before the bye week.

Even if we go 0-8 I doubt they fire Gus. Khan has even said he won't fire a coach midseason

Quote:Even if we go 0-8 I doubt they fire Gus. Khan has even said he won't fire a coach midseason

Then the owners mentality is just as bad as the HC's. Nice.
Khan isn't blind, though.  We as a fan base have actually been pretty patient with this process.  Yes, there's been complaining (Justified) yes there's been calls for Gus's head, but there was still an air of hope surrounding the team, and the understanding that THIS was the year that we should expect the turnaround.

San Diego changed everything. 

I have no doubt that Khan sees (or at least has people who see, and thus tell him) the general hopelessness of the fanbase right now.  We've basically started 0-2 every year, but this year, everything around the team just feels deflated.  I think he gets that.  He's a pretty smart guy.  Smart guys know when to say, "Yeah, I said that, but new information came along and I've changed my stance".

At least... I hope.

As sad as it is to say... I'd rather lose under an Interim Head Coach... at least it softens the blow knowing, hey, this guy's just trying to pick up the pieces... not... this guy's been here for 4 years molding this clay and it still looks like a turd.

Quote:We really dont know how good or bad we are

The first game vs the Packers, we played them though, and felt like they were a super bowl type team

The Chargers game which I felt we would lose before the year, didnt think we would get blown out but it was a west coast trip where we suck most of the time

Now after the next two games I feel if we are not 2-2, Gus Bradley should be fired on the spot, because 1-3 or 0-4 the season is over for this team

The Ravens team which won ugly week 1 and then was getting blown out early vs the Browns in week two but came back, we are at home and thats a game you better win.

Then we have a Indy team in London where we should have home field advantage, they have a terrible defense and our offense should be back going right by then

These 2 weeks is the season, are we gonna start looking at the draft or will we still be talking about winning the AFC south, put up or shut up time
By what reasoning do you figure that the first four games in a 16 game season are 'the season'? Even if we go 0-4 into the bye, that is not the whole season. Admittedly, if we lose to the colts in London it certainly does not bode well for the possibility of this team reaching 8-8; it would still be possible, but the odds...

Nevertheless... in spite of the mindless ranting of too many on this forum, it is improbable that Shad Khan would fire Gus before the end of the season as long as there is any chance we could reach at least 8-8. Since we have no one on staff already who is a realistic candidate to take over at HC for the long haul, there is no rush to fire Gus... at least not yet.

I hate to say it, and though it's possible to win 'on any Sunday', the probability is that the Jags will lose this one to the ravens... unless there is a dramatic turnaround on both the offense and defense from what we witnessed at San Diego; otherwise, we're looking at 0-3 heading to London.
The 1st two weeks has already decided the season. We have talent but we don't have the coaching. Gus won't get fired until after the season. If the coaching doesn't  get better or schemes don't change to match the roster we will at best win 4 games. 

Quote:Even if we go 0-8 I doubt they fire Gus. Khan has even said he won't fire a coach midseason

I remember him saying something of the affect last season. But did that go for any season?
0-4 would be quarter-season, so fire away.

Yeah he did say that. I wonder if they have already decided he's gone after the season, after the first two weeks I'd think they have decided.
San Diego changed everything?  That sounds like a severe overreaction - it's one game. 

I fully expect that the team is gonna lose on Sunday. The Pack lost to a pretty so-so Minnesota. I fear that the team we saw on last Sunday is the team we have. Abysmal. I have actually supported Gus up to last Sunday, but I now think that his choice of Wash is going to be the end of him. Well that and so many other shortcomings. Too bad, too...the guy is likeable as hell Great pressers...seems really open with the press. But at the end of the day, he no longer has the right to claim he doesn't have the hosses...My preference will be to say bye-bye at the bye after they lose to a lousy Clots team. I guess they roll Marrone into the HC slot...not sure who they can get for DC. I really, really hope I'm wrong, and they come out like gangbusters, like a disciplined, finely oiled machine...but I really doubt it. Sigh.

Jim

What is the point of firing someone so early in the season though?  You arent going to replace him with your future long term head coach 4 weeks into a season.  And putting in an interim head coach doesnt really accomplish anything.  I say just ride out the season, fire him at the end of the year, and then look for his replacement in the offseason.  No matter which option you choose, fire him after game 3's loss, fire him after game 4's loss, fire him after the final game, you'll still be in the exact same place.... you'll be in early January looking for your future head coach.  Gus seems like a genuinely good guy who probably just doesnt have the skillset needed to be a successful head coach. 

Quote:San Diego changed everything?  That sounds like a severe overreaction - it's one game. 

Pretty much my thought.  I predicted prior to the season that the 1st quarter would put the team AT BEST 2-2.  I was thinking more along the lines of 1-3.  I think that the reasoning behind most people's opinion is the debacle that was this past Sunday.

Prior to the season I had a question mark regarding the San Diego game.  I think that this team is better than the Chargers, but they have never really played well going to the left coast.  I didn't think the team would beat the Packers, yet they almost did.

This week's game against the Ravens is going to be a real test for the Jaguars, but I think that they can not only win but win in convincing fashion.  Remember, even though the Ravens are 2-0, their wins are against two teams that are also 0-2 right now.

Next week's game in London is also a question mark for me only because the team hasn't really done that well across the pond (with the exception of last year).
Firing a coach midseason doesn't really do much other than make the fans feel better.

Whomever is the intern coach is still stuck with the same system and will still have the same people game planning and calling the plays.

Not really set up to give the intern a fair audition for the job.

Quote:Firing a coach midseason doesn't really do much other than make the fans feel better.

Whomever is the intern coach is still stuck with the same system and will still have the same people game planning and calling the plays.

But that's not what happens in Madden 2016!!!
Quote:Firing a coach midseason doesn't really do much other than make the fans feel better.

Well, then can we fire him just to make us feel better? Like caldwells way of saying, "ok fans, R-E-L-A-X. I'm bringing you a new coach next season."
Pages: 1 2