Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Albert Breer on Urban Meyer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is the case for Urban Meyer.  It's an interesting article.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/14/urban-...s-homework

It’s why he hasn’t just reached through his Rolodex to line up a coaching staff, but also support staff in areas like strength and conditioning and player development, to build a program that’s holistic, and goes far beyond running cover-3 vs. man. It’s also almost certainly why his asks for facilities upgrades were vital—he knows how much he’ll be asking players to invest and wants to make sure he can show the same investment in them.

[font=droid-serif, serif]And frankly, it’s exactly what the Jaguars need. Jacksonville isn’t an offensive guru away from winning. The organization needs a top-to-bottom housecleaning, the way Buffalo did when Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane arrived in 2017. That means eradicating what one long-time team employee called a “9-to-5 culture” in the building and, really, that can be done only by taking the thing down to the studs, like McDermott and Beane did.[/font]

[font=droid-serif, serif][font=droid-serif, serif]That requires more than a coach; it requires a change agent. That’s exactly what Meyer has been wherever he’s gone, even shaking up the identity of bluebloods like Florida and Ohio State, where some argued tweaks over total turnover would’ve been sufficient. Meyer took both programs to another level as a result.[/font][/font]
That’s a great read thanks.
Positive article for sure.
Tbis house definitely needed cleanin..
(01-14-2021, 06:19 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Tbis house definitely needed cleanin..

Yeah Lamping included. He has been here since 2012, would be refreshing... but ofcourse CON keeps him.
That's a great read and touches on some of the things I hope he can handle, the NFL player. Much different than the college player. Hope it works out and gives us the culture we've been searching for for what seems like decades....oh wait...
Just came across this...

https://twitter.com/HPJArt/status/1349839211331989508

Full interview here..

(01-14-2021, 06:30 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2021, 06:19 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Tbis house definitely needed cleanin..

Yeah Lamping included. He has been here since 2012, would be refreshing... but ofcourse CON keeps him.

[Image: TeP2.gif]
(01-14-2021, 06:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Just came across this...

Full interview here..

Like it. Listening to him, you start to get it.
(01-14-2021, 07:18 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2021, 06:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Just came across this...

Full interview here..

Like it. Listening to him, you start to get it.

I agree. I'm still not 100% on the wagon, but I'm starting to come around. And honestly, everything I keep hearing is pretty positive.
(01-14-2021, 06:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2021, 06:30 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah Lamping included. He has been here since 2012, would be refreshing... but ofcourse CON keeps him.

[Image: TeP2.gif]

When you talk about full culture change... you would include the president of football operations. Instead he is here to be the only guy "helping" Con hire a new GM/HC. Not relevant?
(01-14-2021, 07:33 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2021, 06:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ][Image: TeP2.gif]

When you talk about full culture change... you would include the president of football operations. Instead he is here to be the only guy "helping" Con hire a new GM/HC. Not relevant?

He's not the president of football operations, and his role is specifically non-football operations. So no, not really relevant.
(01-14-2021, 06:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]This is the case for Urban Meyer.  It's an interesting article.  

It’s why he hasn’t just reached through his Rolodex to line up a coaching staff, but also support staff in areas like strength and conditioning and player development, to build a program that’s holistic, and goes far beyond running cover-3 vs. man. It’s also almost certainly why his asks for facilities upgrades were vital—he knows how much he’ll be asking players to invest and wants to make sure he can show the same investment in them.

[font=droid-serif, serif]And frankly, it’s exactly what the Jaguars need. Jacksonville isn’t an offensive guru away from winning. The organization needs a top-to-bottom housecleaning, the way Buffalo did when Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane arrived in 2017. That means eradicating what one long-time team employee called a “9-to-5 culture” in the building and, really, that can be done only by taking the thing down to the studs, like McDermott and Beane did.[/font]

[font=droid-serif, serif][font=droid-serif, serif]That requires more than a coach; it requires a change agent. That’s exactly what Meyer has been wherever he’s gone, even shaking up the identity of bluebloods like Florida and Ohio State, where some argued tweaks over total turnover would’ve been sufficient. Meyer took both programs to another level as a result.[/font][/font]
Great read. There's a reason why the Jaguars have been so unsuccessful for over 15 years. Meyer will build a winning culture. It will certainly occur much faster now that they will have a franchise quarterback. Good times are about to come for our deserving fanbase.
Loving this Urban Meyer hire more and more... I was drinking it in with all the rumors and now im just sippin' thinking 'alright, this sh@t is about to be enjoyable'. I can't even imagine what it'll be like to watch a coach that actually thinks the game the way he does and he's on our friggin' team.
(01-14-2021, 10:19 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/JamesALight/status/1...6661378053

That’s good info but I wouldn’t have given that away if I were him.
Lord Knows that I needed this. As I read the entirety, my comfort level has expanded tremendously and it may be that I'm a True Jaguar BUT it expanded. Urban Meyer, welcome to Jacksonville and I look forward to OUR future success.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
(01-14-2021, 06:30 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]

So you're gonna start this BS of demands of departure. We separated ourselves from all of the people that we the people wanted gone (Caldwell / Marrone). Get Ghost was the demand(s)! Now Lamping is the target to which he has NOTHING to do w/our NFL football operations. Nothing! And you want him gone. Be respectful and spell the man's name correctly.

GTFOOH w/that mess.

NH3...
(01-14-2021, 06:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]This is the case for Urban Meyer.  It's an interesting article.  

Interestingly enough, when I was reading this I couldn't help but think of Jimbo Fisher's demands at FSU to invest in their facilities and such.  FSU went low budget and Jimbo marched over to Texas A&M (who have top facilities) and got them to #5 in the country while FSU ended up #80 via the RPI Rankings.

I'd love to see the Jags go full force over the next 5 years because that may be all we have here in town.
(01-14-2021, 07:33 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2021, 06:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ][Image: TeP2.gif]

Team president =/= president of football operations.

He's in charge of stuff like working with the city to try to get Lot J done and figuring out ways to get revenue streams for the team.
He's more of a business side exec. from what I've seen, read, and heard.
Pages: 1 2