Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Charlotte Shooting & Riot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Charlotte faces aftermath of protests ignited by fatal police shooting; 12 officers injured

"Twelve police officers were injured Tuesday night in a series of clashes, and reports were coming in early Wednesday of motorists on Interstate 85 being hurt and their vehicles damaged when protestors threw rocks, bottles and traffic cones off interstate overpasses onto traffic below.

Police said they had been searching for someone who had an outstanding warrant at The Village at College Downs complex on Old Concord Road when they saw Scott leave his car holding a gun.

Officers approached Scott after he got back into the car. He emerged from the car again armed with a firearm “and posed an imminent deadly threat to the officers, who subsequently fired their weapon striking the subject,” police said in a statement. “The officers immediately requested Medic and began performing CPR.”"

---------------

North Carolina Mob Attack Female Truck Driver – Police Refuse to Help, Desperate Calls To Media Chopper…

---------------

Wow, the way these things escalate is insane. People are so quickly to riot and loot before the facts come out. People blame others for jumping the gun on calling terror attacks "bombings", but at least they aren't starting riots, attacking police, and looting.

Let'em burn their own hood down...... then they can find jobs rebuilding it

I'm just tired of all this male bovine droppings going on every time a black thug gets shot....

Don't point a gun at the police, you won't get shot, simple as that......

And the idiots in the BLM movement making excuses for these law breaking thugs....

Clean up your own act in your hoods and go from there

Well, at least it's a quick way to get free stuff.

Quote:Well, at least it's a quick way to get free stuff.

Christmas IS coming up soon.. TO THE CVS!!!
Why do they always protest against something they think is a crime, yet at the same time commit crimes by rioting, burning and looting?  Seems a little hypocritical to me.

Quote:Why do they always protest against something they think is a crime, yet at the same time commit crimes by rioting, burning and looting?  Seems a little hypocritical to me.

And then when the verdict comes out the officer is in the right. Yeah it is hypocritical. They should wait until the verdict, then determine to riot on whether they feel the verdict was justified. Doing it before any sort of hearing, evidence, or facts come out is extremely short-sighted and selfish.
This is domestic terrorism at work. There is NO reason for rioting, looting, destruction of property, etc. Anyone who defends this behavior has some questionable morals and values.
Quote:This is domestic terrorism at work. There is NO reason for rioting, looting, destruction of property, etc. Anyone who defends this behavior has some questionable morals and values.

You need to get more into the spirit, Grinch.. Who doesn't want a bottle of oxycontin under their tree?
Shameful acts of violence do nothing to further a cause you believe in. Mob mentality never works. 

Black cop.

Family of the dead guy swears he only had a book - not a gun

Hence the rioting

No video yet, but there were witnesses as this was at 3:00 pm - parents waited for kids to get off the bus nearby
Well, if any of y'all are going to be doing any looting I am in the market for a new generator. I'll pay top looted genny price. I will expect the same deal I receive when purchasing EBT cards ( 10 cents on the dollar ) Just saying.

Speaking of...I could use another 65" 4k tv.  My current one will have a beer bottle thrown through it shortly after 1pm this Sunday.

Quote:Black cop.

Hence the rioting

No video yet, but there were witnesses as this was at 3:00 pm - parents waited for kids to get off the bus nearby
I don't give a rat's butt if he was holding the Holy Grail or the sweet baby Jesus, there is NO excuse for this behavior. Destroying a tractor trailer, making innocent people fear for their lives, destruction of property, etc. How is that acceptable?
Quote:Black cop.

Hence the rioting

Yup.  Surely the guy was an upstanding law abiding citizen.  He was just clinging to his Bible.  
Quote:I don't give a rat's butt if he was holding the Holy Grail or the sweet baby Jesus, there is NO excuse for this behavior. Destroying a tractor trailer, making innocent people fear for their lives, destruction of property, etc. How is that acceptable?

It's not acceptable. Who thinks its ok? Stupid people are doing stupid people stuff. Embarrassing themselves again.

Did you assume the "hence" meant it was justified? Not my intention I promise. I was merely relaying facts of the scenario.
Quote:Yup. Surely the guy was an upstanding law abiding citizen. He was just clinging to his Bible.

Not sure if srs or sarcastic, but the "book" was purported to be a bible - according to his family members who were nowhere nearby...
Quote:Not sure if srs or sarcastic, but the "book" was purported to be a bible - according to his family members who were nowhere nearby...

According to the CNN article that I saw, he had a gun.
Quote:And then when the verdict comes out the officer is in the right. Yeah it is hypocritical. They should wait until the verdict, then determine to riot on whether they feel the verdict was justified. Doing it before any sort of hearing, evidence, or facts come out is extremely short-sighted and selfish.

You can't be this naieve. You gotta be a rich kid or something.

Justice system fails repeatedly. You know it and so do I.

I have zero faith in "American Justice".

Absolutely Zero Faith.
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/21/us/charlotte-police-shooting/index.html'>According to the CNN article that I saw, he had a gun</a>.
Dummy - I know he had a gun. Please read my posts again. You want a fight it appears

Edit: this time I am at fault. My first post in this thread was intended to quickly give others an update. I wasn't being clear to you guys in Jax about what was known to us up here. (Read the initial posts). I am actually in downtown Charlotte at the Hilton. I didn't stress that we already confirmed there was a weapon present - which is why I posted his family's (not at the scene) stupid response.

The family caused this 100%. The family should have talked to the police instead of the media. The CMPD chief of police confirmed (not to me personally - but to a very very trusted affiliate) they have a body cam video from another officer who was on-site confirming 100% the gun and repeated commands from several officers to drop the weapon and get on the ground.

Then - the family's stupid response incited the rioting. They jumped on social media stating as fact that there was no gun. Media ran with it and rioting ensued.

The big question we are asking is if the police will actually release the video. (As of now they have no plans to do so. The police chief of Mecklenburg County usually won't release videos unless subpoenaed). Hopefully just by saying the police have the conclusive evidence will silence the idiots. But maybe not. But it will get the national media to stop talking about the idea of 3 different labeled bathrooms.

Meanwhile- you can feel it in the air. People are edgy. Big sit-ins are taking place in uptown Charlotte. Everybody still thinks the cops did it again - shooting an unarmed black man. I am expecting the usual suspects to flock in tomorrow to be around the excitement. Yeah - this sucks
Welp I think I'm done.  Years ago I stopped trying to learn the latest dance craze or even see it, knowing it will be replaced in time by something else.  I think I'm going to do something like this with all of these _______shoots unarmed black man in _________

I would really like to find meaning in some of these cops are bad and killing black people stories but for the majority it seems like "dude was kind of a felon with a violent rage that didn't listen to the cops orders and happened to have a weapon of some kind on him."  

I would really like to say yes this is clearly injustice but most of the time thats not what I end up seeing.

So go ahead burn down your city.  Sit for the flag, fist pump the sky in protest.

I'm done trying to care about the problems at this point.  Take some responsibility and quit being a victim.  Overcome and Achieve. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6