Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Biden Executive Order Requires Taxpayers to Fund Gender Transition Surgeries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm all for the rights of TG's to get surgery but, not on my dime.........

Biden Executive Order Requires Taxpayers to Fund Gender Transition Surgeries

Taxpayers will soon foot the bill for gender reassignment surgery for America’s service members in an order some fear will cost the nation in terms of money and military readiness.

https://www.westernjournal.com/biden-exe...9q1Yeh2ef4
(03-10-2021, 02:00 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]I'm all for the rights of TG's to get surgery but, not on my dime.........

Biden Executive Order Requires Taxpayers to Fund Gender Transition Surgeries

Taxpayers will soon foot the bill for gender reassignment surgery for America’s service members in an order some fear will cost the nation in terms of money and military readiness.

https://www.westernjournal.com/biden-exe...9q1Yeh2ef4

The question isn't whether it should be free or not. Any military medical care is or should be free for service members. The real question is should ANY elective procedures be provided to service members?

The question for me is: would denial of an elective procedure impact military readiness? Frankly, I think you could make a case either way but I tend to fall into the camp that the cost of an elective procedure should be borne by the service member (with possibly some financial assistance from the military).
Are they giving away free boob jobs or face lifts? Then this surgery shouldn’t be covered either.
This off-the-rails activism is what got Trump elected. They’re doubling down now that they have the reins again. It’s almost like they’re willing to sacrifice the next election to ram this stuff through.
(03-10-2021, 02:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]This off-the-rails activism is what got Trump elected. They’re doubling down now that they have the reins again. It’s almost like they’re willing to sacrifice the next election to ram this stuff through.

Or that they know they can just cheat and it's all moot.
(03-10-2021, 02:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2021, 02:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]This off-the-rails activism is what got Trump elected. They’re doubling down now that they have the reins again. It’s almost like they’re willing to sacrifice the next election to ram this stuff through.

Or that they know they can just cheat and it's all moot.
It's like there's no middle ground anymore.
Trump said that people who are transgender could not serve at all.
That's wrong.
Biden says they can serve, which is good, but then he takes it too far and says we the people have to pay for the elective surgery they want. That's wrong too.
(03-11-2021, 08:57 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]It's like there's no middle ground anymore.
That's wrong.
Biden says they can serve, which is good, but then he takes it too far and says we the people have to pay for the elective surgery they want. That's wrong too.

Transgenderism is a delusional mental disorder that should preclude military service, the same as bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia, or any other psychosis. That we suddenly have to lie to ourselves that it's something else is just proof of how far the Big Lies have gone. People are not just forced to tolerate the lies, they actually have to embrace and celebrate them.
(03-11-2021, 10:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2021, 08:57 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]It's like there's no middle ground anymore.
That's wrong.

Transgenderism is a delusional mental disorder that should preclude military service, the same as bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia, or any other psychosis. That we suddenly have to lie to ourselves that it's something else is just proof of how far the Big Lies have gone. People are not just forced to tolerate the lies, they actually have to embrace and celebrate them.

I agree it's a delusion but I don't see how the delusion could preclude service.  As long as they're obeying the law and chain of command and their body is up to the physical rigors, I wouldn't put transgenderism in the same category as schizophrenia at all.
(03-11-2021, 10:43 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2021, 10:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Transgenderism is a delusional mental disorder that should preclude military service, the same as bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia, or any other psychosis. That we suddenly have to lie to ourselves that it's something else is just proof of how far the Big Lies have gone. People are not just forced to tolerate the lies, they actually have to embrace and celebrate them.

I agree it's a delusion but I don't see how the delusion could preclude service.  As long as they're obeying the law and chain of command and their body is up to the physical rigors, I wouldn't put transgenderism in the same category as schizophrenia at all.

So you're saying that TGs are as mentally stable as normal people? Because just the base suicide rate among TGs demonstrates that to be false. Sticking them into a situation where the base suicide rate is already 6 times the general population seems like a bad idea.
You beat me to it, FSG. Was gonna post the same thing. Compassion doesn't always look like concession.
Most Trans people aren't going to sign up anyways. Banning them from service sends a message to all trans people that their government thinks they are less valuable or less worthy, whether they intended to enlist or not.
IDK (or care) if TG is a mental disorder, not to sound mean of course. I'm indifferent about it, but here's the thing...As a Navy Veteran, I can tell you that the military's infrastructure is not designed for TG persons and there is so little room on board ships, it would be impossible to make it so...There are male and female berthing compartments and heads (bathroom facilities) on board Naval ships and no room to add a TG berthing space...Image the female personnel stationed onboard a vessel having to adapt to having to live and use the head (bathroom) with  someone who pees standing up...I dont think urinals will ever be be accepted in the women's head, and the same concept men with hooters wont go well in the berthing and head...  The berthing space is very close space used for sleeping and changing clothes...I can tell you that the men aint gonna like standing there trying to get dressed while the person who sleeps beside him is standing there with his bare knockers bouncing back and forth while he's trying to put his bra on...

This situation would be for the time the people would be going thru the process prior to "the change"
(03-11-2021, 12:05 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Most Trans people aren't going to sign up anyways.  Banning them from service sends a message to all trans people that their government thinks they are less valuable or less worthy, whether they intended to enlist or not.

Don’t forget people with physical disabilities or those who are obese. Their government thinks they are less valuable and worthy, as well.
(03-11-2021, 12:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2021, 12:05 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Most Trans people aren't going to sign up anyways.  Banning them from service sends a message to all trans people that their government thinks they are less valuable or less worthy, whether they intended to enlist or not.

Don’t forget people with physical disabilities or those who are obese. Their government thinks they are less valuable and worthy, as well.

They have a good reason, obesity reduces stamina.
(03-11-2021, 02:02 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2021, 12:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Don’t forget people with physical disabilities or those who are obese. Their government thinks they are less valuable and worthy, as well.

They have a good reason, obesity reduces stamina.

What’s the hormone treatment regimen for TG? Genuine question.
(03-11-2021, 10:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2021, 10:43 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I agree it's a delusion but I don't see how the delusion could preclude service.  As long as they're obeying the law and chain of command and their body is up to the physical rigors, I wouldn't put transgenderism in the same category as schizophrenia at all.

So you're saying that TGs are as mentally stable as normal people? Because just the base suicide rate among TGs demonstrates that to be false. Sticking them into a situation where the base suicide rate is already 6 times the general population seems like a bad idea.

Males have a higher suicide rate than females.  So do you just have a full female military as they are clearly the most mentally stable?  Race-wise, "whites" have a higher suicide rate than other races.  So again, no white males in the military right?  Where does your logic start and stop?
(03-11-2021, 04:10 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2021, 10:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]So you're saying that TGs are as mentally stable as normal people? Because just the base suicide rate among TGs demonstrates that to be false. Sticking them into a situation where the base suicide rate is already 6 times the general population seems like a bad idea.

Males have a higher suicide rate than females.  So do you just have a full female military as they are clearly the most mentally stable?  Race-wise, "whites" have a higher suicide rate than other races.  So again, no white males in the military right?  Where does your logic start and stop?

Are you enjoying your higher costs now that orange man bad is out of office?
The "big picture" problem is that military members are not supposed to be "individuals" with "individual identities".  That used to be part of the lesson in basic training (boot camp).  The white farm boy from Iowa is no different than the black boy from The Bronx or the brown boy from Puerto Rico.  All of these people are/were taught to be a "unit" as in work together and for each other.

If you get a guy with a clear mental disorder (thinks that he is a female) that would be immediate grounds for separation from service.

At least that is the way that it used to be.  In today's military they are allowing soldiers/sailors to be "individuals" rather than part of a "unit".  That kind of system is doomed for failure.
(03-11-2021, 04:10 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2021, 10:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]So you're saying that TGs are as mentally stable as normal people? Because just the base suicide rate among TGs demonstrates that to be false. Sticking them into a situation where the base suicide rate is already 6 times the general population seems like a bad idea.

When they exhibit unstable mental behavior then they are out, this is not a new military policy. TGs exhibit that behavior simply by being TG, because TG is a mental illness. That I have to explain this shows how far the lunacy has gone.
Pages: 1 2 3