Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Irrelevant Outrage of the Day: Skittles vs The Homeless
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We had a couple last night, lets recap:

1. Hillary mocks the homeless on Jimmy Fallon

https://vid.me/jrGk

2. Don Trump Jr. tweets out this image

[Image: 3FLtfBC.jpg]

----------------------------------

Both are harmless, but only one of them is getting massive media attention. Care to guess which one?

Honestly, is there anybody that disagrees with what Don Jr. said? If you do, lets meet up and test out his statement and see how lucky you are.

Quote:Honestly, is there anybody that disagrees with what Don Jr. said? If you do, lets meet up and test out his theory and see how lucky you are.

Nobody disagrees, people just get offended because "muh women and children are not candies" (despite the migration being 75-90% adult males).
Quote:Honestly, is there anybody that disagrees with what Don Jr. said? If you do, lets meet up and test out his statement and see how lucky you are.

Can he come up with something original? Not stolen from another?
Trump Sr. also says he wants to ramp up (illegal) profiling, but insists he never said the word "Muslim." And since he SAID he never said anything like that, all video evidence to the contrary is inadmissible.
oh, and WOW to Hillary's homeless comment. Just wow. This woman just doesn't get it, does she?

It is so funny how hard Hillary has to try to look like an actual human being. The effort just doesn't match the output. Voters see it too.

And still only one comment about Hillary and the Homeless comment....
Quote:Trump Sr. also says he wants to ramp up (illegal) profiling, but insists he never said the word "Muslim." And since he SAID he never said anything like that, all video evidence to the contrary is inadmissible.

the idea that profiling is the worst evil on the planet is stupid.  military aged men are usually the ones blowing themselves up, driving trucks over people, stuff like that.
Quote:Honestly, is there anybody that disagrees with what Don Jr. said? If you do, lets meet up and test out his statement and see how lucky you are.

Quote:Nobody disagrees, people just get offended because "muh women and children are not candies" (despite the migration being 75-90% adult males).

Oooohhhh, I do.

The skittles analogy is not even close to being factual, but then Donald really doesn't "do" facts.  Refugees are amongst the safest immigrants to the United States, and undergo the most restrictive (some would say "extreme") vetting procedures of all U.S. immigration policy.

The facts back me up.  Since 9/11, we've admitted 784,000 refugees, of which 3 have been involved in plotting an attack.  None have been carried out.

So, none of those skittles will blow me up?  I'll take those odds, but pass on the skittles.  They kinda suck, anyway

I'm more afraid of my neighbor's 5 year old finding his dad's gun and accidentally shooting me than dying in a terrorist attack.
Quote:Oooohhhh, I do.

The skittles analogy is not even close to being factual, but then Donald really doesn't "do" facts.  Refugees are amongst the safest immigrants to the United States, and undergo the most restrictive (some would say "extreme") vetting procedures of all U.S. immigration policy.

The facts back me up.  Since 9/11, we've admitted 784,000 refugees, of which 3 have been involved in plotting an attack.  None have been carried out.

So, none of those skittles will blow me up?  I'll take those odds, but pass on the skittles.  They kinda suck, anyway

I'm more afraid of my neighbor's 5 year old finding his dad's gun and accidentally shooting me than dying in a terrorist attack.

that's wonderful. some in this country would like to continue to be vigilant and protect our borders.
Quote:the idea that profiling is the worst evil on the planet is stupid. military aged men are usually the ones blowing themselves up, driving trucks over people, stuff like that.

I'm sure you don't think Japanese internment camps were a black mark on our nation's history either. We should pull every person out of airport lines with a browner skin tone so we feel "safe". Being openly profiled is not an infringement on people's rights at all.
Quote:I'm sure you don't think Japanese internment camps were a black mark on our nation's history either. We should pull every person out of airport lines with a browner skin tone so we feel "safe". Being openly profiled is not an infringement on people's rights at all.

browner? who said browner? havent heard that.

and that's what Trump wants, right? internment camps? obvious answer is yes. that's the goal. to put people in camps and ship out everybody that isnt white. OBVIOUSLY

So you agree that of the bowl of 784,000 skittles, three were found to be poisoned? DJTJr. didn't say how many skittles were in the bowl, so he's factually correct.

How many poison skittles haven't been found yet? And you put a low bar on what constitutes a poison. 
Should the US be welcoming an additional 748,000 members of a misogynistic, homophobic religion?

As far as your numbers, was that 784,000 Muslim 'refugees', or does that number include other religions?

There are plenty of Muslims who weren't 'refugees' who also weren't properly vetted and committed terrorist attacks. What makes you think that 'refugees' were properly vetted when the non-'refugees' weren't.

I would agree with you if Pew Research hadn't done a study proving around 60% of all Muslims believe Sharia law should be held above state law and Muslim immigrants had a healthy record of assimilation (they don't). Sharia is poison.
Quote:browner? who said browner? havent heard that.

and that's what Trump wants, right? internment camps? obvious answer is yes. that's the goal. to put people in camps and ship out everybody that isnt white. OBVIOUSLY

Japanese Americans were rounded up based on their looks (including Daniel Inouye). You are endorsing the regular and systematic harassment of millions of Americans based on physical appearance. It's not exactly the same. But it's still openly discriminating people in the land of the free.
Quote:Japanese Americans were rounded up based on their looks (including Daniel Inouye). You are endorsing the regular and systematic harassment of millions of Americans based on physical appearance. It's not exactly the same. But it's still openly discriminating people in the land of the free.

im aware of the Japanese camps.  that isn't what we're talking about. this isn't about american citizens. it's about immigration reform.
Quote:im aware of the Japanese camps. that isn't what we're talking about. this isn't about american citizens. it's about immigration reform.
Like the bomber?

I thought we were talking about profiling.
Quote:Like the bomber?

I thought we were talking about profiling.

you will notice that guy is a trump hater.  so you guys can have lunch together.
Quote:you will notice that guy is a trump hater. so you guys can have lunch together.

That's a real exclusive crowd.

So Trump didn't say we should run surveillance at mosques to monitor American citizens and he isn't endorsing profiling based on appearance?
Pages: 1 2 3