Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 1 more day! :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In 2 days our franchise could potentially change forever, or for the next few decades at the very least.  I finally remember what it's like when I was a kid on Christmas again.  I'm excited as he'll.  Are most on here excited as i am?
Yes, I am more interested in this draft than any other draft ever. But it is taking so looooong to arrive!
Thank you Jets !!!  I'd probably be sick to my stomach now if we were picking #2.  Instead, I can relax and start my happy hour at 6pm on Thursday  !!!

Regarding my level of excitement .... everyday I temper any work stress with the offsetting thought that Trevor is coming to Jacksonville so anything else really doesn't matter.
While it will be great to finally hear Trevor Lawrence's name announced as the 1st overall pick by the Jags - I'm more excited to see the direction we go with picks 25,33,45 & 65.  I get that we need a franchise QB, but does the new regime go OL and DL next?  Do they focus on offense to help the new QB? Do they add a WR even though that's probably the deepest position group on the team?  So many questions - we finally start to get some answers Thursday night!
I’m getting Jaguars Hell flashbacks of Goodell announcing Tyson Alualu and everyone looking around in complete puzzlement.

Surely they won’t happen again.

Will it?
(04-27-2021, 09:22 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Jets !!!  I'd probably be sick to my stomach now if we were picking #2.  Instead, I can relax and start my happy hour at 6pm on Thursday  !!!

Yea, I have a few friends that are die-hard Jet fans.  They are sick they are drafting #2. I have heard everything you can think of from them as to why they deserve TL.  I can identify with their feelings. I felt that way the moment the Colt defense fell down at the goal line letting Fred Taylor score a last minute touchdown to win the game enabling them to draft Luck. All I can say to them is too bad so sad...
(04-27-2021, 09:22 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Jets !!!  I'd probably be sick to my stomach now if we were picking #2.  Instead, I can relax and start my happy hour at 6pm on Thursday  !!!

Regarding my level of excitement .... everyday I temper any work stress with the offsetting thought that Trevor is coming to Jacksonville so anything else really doesn't matter.

Funny you should mention this.  I was on a Jets message board.  They don't seem to be anywhere near as excited about Wilson as we are for Lawrence. 

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/15965...ch-wilson/
Thank you Frank Gore!!
(04-27-2021, 09:36 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

Funny you should mention this.  I was on a Jets message board.  They don't seem to be anywhere near as excited about Wilson as we are for Lawrence. 

I honestly love Wilson and have him virtually neck and neck with Lawrence. I think both guys are extremely talented and if we were at #2 and we were planning on drafting Wilson, I would be fine with it. With that said, New York is different. There is so much pressure associated with being a starting QB of the biggest city in the U.S. with arguably one of the most rabid fan bases. Can this kid from sleepy little Utah handle the pressure of the brutal sports media in New York? I believe Trevor could've, because he is so even keeled, but can Wilson? He has the talent, but does he have the mental makeup? Time will tell.
(04-27-2021, 10:13 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2021, 09:36 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Funny you should mention this.  I was on a Jets message board.  They don't seem to be anywhere near as excited about Wilson as we are for Lawrence. 

I honestly love Wilson and have him virtually neck and neck with Lawrence. I think both guys are extremely talented and if we were at #2 and we were planning on drafting Wilson, I would be fine with it. With that said, New York is different. There is so much pressure associated with being a starting QB of the biggest city in the U.S. with arguably one of the most rabid fan bases. Can this kid from sleepy little Utah handle the pressure of the brutal sports media in New York? I believe Trevor could've, because he is so even keeled, but can Wilson? He has the talent, but does he have the mental makeup? Time will tell.

I think both QBs can be successful pros, but both will need more help than what their teams currently offer.  TL has more around him in Jacksonville than Wilson has with the Jets, but both need more support.

Independent of loyalties, I would be more concerned about Wilson's size and ability to endure the punishment of a 17 game schedule.

Regardless, the days before the draft is usually an exciting time for me as a football fan.  But being on the eve of drafting Trevor freaking Lawrence takes it up some notches.
(04-27-2021, 10:13 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly love Wilson and have him virtually neck and neck with Lawrence. 

[Image: Ezl2RhCUYAAqbDo.jpg]
(04-27-2021, 10:26 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2021, 10:13 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly love Wilson and have him virtually neck and neck with Lawrence. 

[Image: Ezl2RhCUYAAqbDo.jpg]

Did you check out that BYU roster? He wasn't exactly surrounded by stars. He may be the only BYU player that is drafted. A QB, even a great one, can't win games by themselves. Some of the throws he made were amazing.
This is definitely the most excited I have been in a while. I think any draft when you know you are drafting a QB is extra exciting. Because a QB more than anything is a chance to change your franchise's fortunes forever.
(04-27-2021, 10:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2021, 10:26 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ][Image: Ezl2RhCUYAAqbDo.jpg]

Did you check out that BYU roster? He wasn't exactly surrounded by stars. He may be the only BYU player that is drafted. A QB, even a great one, can't win games by themselves. Some of the throws he made were amazing.

Brady Christensen will be taken no later than the 5th round, most likely mid 4th.  They also have a decent NT in Khyris Tonga.
(04-27-2021, 10:20 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2021, 10:13 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly love Wilson and have him virtually neck and neck with Lawrence. I think both guys are extremely talented and if we were at #2 and we were planning on drafting Wilson, I would be fine with it. With that said, New York is different. There is so much pressure associated with being a starting QB of the biggest city in the U.S. with arguably one of the most rabid fan bases. Can this kid from sleepy little Utah handle the pressure of the brutal sports media in New York? I believe Trevor could've, because he is so even keeled, but can Wilson? He has the talent, but does he have the mental makeup? Time will tell.

I think both QBs can be successful pros, but both will need more help than what their teams currently offer.  TL has more around him in Jacksonville than Wilson has with the Jets, but both need more support.

Independent of loyalties, I would be more concerned about Wilson's size and ability to endure the punishment of a 17 game schedule.

Regardless, the days before the draft is usually an exciting time for me as a football fan.  But being on the eve of drafting Trevor freaking Lawrence takes it up some notches.

Agreed with the first sentiment. Both guys will need a lot of help. 

I'm not concerned with Wilson's size though. He was 6'2 1/8" and 214 lbs. Trevor Lawrence is almost 4 inches taller and was 1 lb. lighter than Wilson at his pro day, so I'm more concerned with Trevor holding up, giving the beating he is gonna take behind our terrible OT's.

(04-27-2021, 10:37 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2021, 10:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Did you check out that BYU roster? He wasn't exactly surrounded by stars. He may be the only BYU player that is drafted. A QB, even a great one, can't win games by themselves. Some of the throws he made were amazing.

Brady Christensen will be taken no later than the 5th round, most likely mid 4th.  They also have a decent NT in Khyris Tonga.

I keep forgetting about Christensen. My bad. He is just an average O-Lineman though. He struggled mightily in the CCU game. Wilson was running for his life. Tonga is decent, but if he is selected it will be very late.
(04-27-2021, 10:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2021, 10:20 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I think both QBs can be successful pros, but both will need more help than what their teams currently offer.  TL has more around him in Jacksonville than Wilson has with the Jets, but both need more support.

Agreed with the first sentiment. Both guys will need a lot of help. 

I'm not concerned with Wilson's size though. He was 6'2 1/8" and 214 lbs. Trevor Lawrence is almost 4 inches taller and was 1 lb. lighter than Wilson at his pro day, so I'm more concerned with Trevor holding up, giving the beating he is gonna take behind our terrible OT's.

(04-27-2021, 10:37 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Brady Christensen will be taken no later than the 5th round, most likely mid 4th.  They also have a decent NT in Khyris Tonga.

I keep forgetting about Christensen. My bad. He is just an average O-Lineman though. He struggled mightily in the CCU game. Wilson was running for his life. Tonga is decent, but if he is selected it will be very late.

Lawrence lost weight because of the surgery, as I recall.  He usually plays around 220 and should be able to carry 230 with no problem.  Agreed that Tonda is likely a 6th or 7th rounder.
(04-27-2021, 09:36 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

This is my favorite response to the question whether Jets fans are excited about Zach Wilson

Almost as excited as that time I exchanged messages with a girl on Match.com only to find when we finally met she looked like Meatloaf..   

The singer, not the dinner. 
(04-27-2021, 10:48 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2021, 10:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed with the first sentiment. Both guys will need a lot of help. 

Lawrence lost weight because of the surgery, as I recall.  He usually plays around 220 and should be able to carry 230 with no problem.  Agreed that Tonda is likely a 6th or 7th rounder.

That was his measurements on his pro day. His pro day was before his surgery. That is why he had it so early.
My expectations are low--and realistic. He may not be a HOFer, but he will be the best QB the Jags ever had.
(04-27-2021, 10:50 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2021, 09:36 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Funny you should mention this.  I was on a Jets message board.  They don't seem to be anywhere near as excited about Wilson as we are for Lawrence. 

This is my favorite response to the question whether Jets fans are excited about Zach Wilson

Almost as excited as that time I exchanged messages with a girl on Match.com only to find when we finally met she looked like Meatloaf..   

The singer, not the dinner. 

I got a chuckle out of that one.
Pages: 1 2 3