Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jordan Smith - Rd 4, Pick 121
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
UAB, DE.
All conference USA First Team
I love the pick!

Coming in here we wanted a QB, Safety, Dline, OT

Looks like we got it all covered.
I don't know him, but he's not athletic and Justis' writeup on him is not good. Sounds like he shouldn't have been even close to BAP considering the other guys available.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2931...guars-edge

(05-01-2021, 12:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I love the pick!

Lmao my man just hooks up the hose to the bias faucet. You'd think the Jags were 10 time defending SB champion with every move the Jags make being great to you.
ESPN and Mel Kiper had some very good film and interesting information about the guy.

Apparently he got caught up in that credit card scam at Florida and transferred to UAB. Supposedly turned his life around.

Good player, needs to get in the weight room is what they said.
It's the 4th round guys, little risk.

Not great to hear he's a Meyer Criminal.
So for all you Gators homers...he was a Gator at one time but got charged with a felony. Went the Juco route and had 102 pressures in 2 seasons. Had 12.5 sacks in his first season and 8 in his last.

However they lined him up in all defensive line positions. He’s 6’6” 250

He has excellent vertical speed. Weakness is run defense
(05-01-2021, 01:01 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know him, but he's not athletic and Justis' writeup on him is not good. Sounds like he shouldn't have been even close to BAP considering the other guys available.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2931...guars-edge

(05-01-2021, 12:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I love the pick!

Lmao my man just hooks up the hose to the bias faucet. You'd think the Jags were 10 time defending SB champion with every move the Jags make being great to you.

From my point of view this is how I’m reading all you guys whining and belly aching on every single pick.
I know very little about him.

I will say that the 4th round is a good spot to find DEs/3-4 edge rushers.
(05-01-2021, 01:06 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]So for all you Gators homers...he was a Gator at one time but got charged with a felony. Went the Juco route and had 102 pressures in 2 seasons. Had 12.5 sacks in his first season and 8 in his last.

However they lined him up in all defensive line positions. He’s 6’6” 250

He has excellent vertical speed. Weakness is run defense

No. He did not. He had 8 sacks in 2019 and 4.5 in 2020. It was a total of 12.5 for his college career.
He’s a big dude.....but I have to admit.....he doesn’t look very good on tape.
(05-01-2021, 01:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]From my point of view this is how I’m reading all you guys whining and belly aching on every single pick.

The main difference is most of us responding like that are doing it from an educated standpoint. You're just clapping like a seal no matter what because you have been trained to do so.

(05-01-2021, 01:34 PM)burt1jason Wrote: [ -> ]He’s a big dude.....but I have to admit.....he doesn’t look very good on tape.

Yeah I mean I get it's just a 4th rounder but there were still a bunch of guys I quite like still on the board, and we traded up to do it. This is the worst pick yet IMO.
(05-01-2021, 01:35 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2021, 01:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]From my point of view this is how I’m reading all you guys whining and belly aching on every single pick.

The main difference is most of us responding like that are doing it from an educated standpoint. You're just clapping like a seal no matter what because you have been trained to do so.

(05-01-2021, 01:34 PM)burt1jason Wrote: [ -> ]He’s a big dude.....but I have to admit.....he doesn’t look very good on tape.

Yeah I mean I get it's just a 4th rounder but there were still a bunch of guys I quite like still on the board, and we traded up to do it. This is the worst pick yet IMO.

Wa..wwwwaaa waaaaaaa 
I honestly like the draft for the jags so far.

All these picks you guys want are still available for a reason.
I dont really have an opinion on the pick as I don't remember him. I can't just say it's a bad pick because I don't know him
(05-01-2021, 01:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I dont really have an opinion on the pick as I don't remember him.  I can't just say it's a bad pick because I don't know him

Thank you for your honesty flgandj 
I respect that bro
I don't have much first hand knowledge of him, but NFL.com had him rated as "good backup who could become a starter".  The Draft Network has a pretty good write-up.  Please note the section that I've highlighted in bold.

Jordan Smith began his career as a member of the Florida Gators but was one of nine players suspended for the 2017 season due to his role in an alleged credit card fraud scheme. He attended JUCO before landing at UAB, where he emerged as one of the top defenders in the AAC in 2019 and 2020. Across 21 games, he racked up 89 tackles, 23.5 tackles for loss, 12.5 sacks, three forced fumbles, and an interception. Smith’s blend of size, length, effort, and athleticism makes him an appealing edge defender at the next level that best fits in a base 3-4 defense that incorporates hybrid fronts. With that said, there is some notable rawness to his game when it comes to having a rush plan, deploying pass rush moves, and processing. Smith is a highly appealing piece of moldable clay, but there is plenty of room for him to grow and he’ll need to in order to become an impact playmaker in the NFL on every down and not just a situational guy. At the end of the day, Smith’s toolbox is loaded and has a chance to be a steal in the right situation. 

Ideal Role: Developmental rush linebacker.

Scheme Fit: 3-4, hybrid fronts.
(05-01-2021, 01:37 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2021, 01:35 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]The main difference is most of us responding like that are doing it from an educated standpoint. You're just clapping like a seal no matter what because you have been trained to do so.

Wa..wwwwaaa waaaaaaa 

I always love coming here for an informed debate.

I think it is fine for you to like the picks and be happy about the new crop of players. I also think some of the nay sayers are being a bit dramatic.

Honestly the baby noise stuff just makes you look like a twit though.
I saw his game vs Miami and he stood out to me. I like the pick, boom or bust for a 4th rounder. The potential is there IMO. Watched some of his Senior bowl plays and looked like it was all business 100% on every snap.
(05-01-2021, 01:48 PM)rufftime Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2021, 01:37 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Wa..wwwwaaa waaaaaaa 

I always love coming here for an informed debate.  

I think it is fine for you to like the picks and be happy about the new crop of players.  I also think some of the nay sayers are being a bit dramatic.

Honestly the baby noise stuff just makes you look like a twit though.

But dude....that’s all it’s been ever since pick 25. Just whining and crying. That’s how my brain processes what they’re saying. I’m actually tired of seeing it. 

We’ve never had to endure a 1 win season, but yet we have fans that act like we are a couple players away from a ring. They are ridiculing every single pick and the ball hasn’t even been snapped yet.

Just sick of the crying. We drafted a RB that averaged 7.9 and....never mind bro.
Pages: 1 2