Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Toney was in play at 25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(05-01-2021, 06:06 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/s...2879962113

Interesting and fun to hear these draft tidbits, more so if you’re a Giants fan looking for confirmation the guy your team took was sought after, but not sure how this serves Urban or the team by revealing this info.
So relieved
(05-01-2021, 06:57 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2021, 06:06 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/s...2879962113

Interesting and fun to hear these draft tidbits, more so if your a Giants fan looking for confirmation the guy your team took was sought after, but not sure how this serves Urban or the team by revealing this info.

Because Urban is transparent and honest. He has no reason to be coy.
Etienne should be enough of a pro to not let that bother him but does seem weird to say it.
So the pick could have been an F instead of just a D. I guess we actually got lucky somehow.
Thank you Giants.
(05-01-2021, 08:07 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]So the pick could have been an F instead of just a D. I guess we actually got lucky somehow.

Lololol
I love kadarius toney, mans more elusive than every hb in the NFL. However i do think ETN will prove to be the better player by a longshot.
I'm not really fond of taking a WR OR a RB at 25. Either one is a want rather than a need. Toney could have a bigger impact, but we have several decent receivers; ETN could be more valuable if Robinson gets hurt, we have fewer RBs. 6 of one or half dozen of the other to me.
Much rather would of had Toney, but we have Laviska in the slot so not sure how it was going to fit. Between ETN and Toney though, i'd go Toney. I'd almost never go RB round 1. Not sure whats up with the Toney hate, but that kid can flat out play some FOOZball. I am also much higher on JROB than it seems most on here. I watched him week after week get 2-3 big plays called back. Could of gotten our compliment later on, but it is what it is... hopefully ETN is our Kamara.
The real answer is almost anyone else that we had been mocked on a consistent basis would have been far better than either Toney or Etienne.
(05-01-2021, 10:28 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Much rather would of had Toney, but we have Laviska in the slot so not sure how it was going to fit. Between ETN and Toney though, i'd go Toney. I'd almost never go RB round 1. Not sure whats up with the Toney hate, but that kid can flat out play some FOOZball. I am also much higher on JROB than it seems most on here. I watched him week after week get 2-3 big plays called back. Could of gotten our compliment later on, but it is what it is... hopefully ETN is our Kamara.

I'm not sure what system or style we are going with on O but I am praying that Bevill is scheming how to use Shenault and Etienne together. Feel they could cause so many matchup problems and really be creative with how you line them up.
Thank deity the G-men saved us from that mistake.
My lord has Shad made a mistake with this hire...
(05-01-2021, 11:10 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]The real answer is almost anyone else that we had been mocked on a consistent basis would have been far better than either Toney or Etienne.

Moehrig fell a bit so it was more than one team that was lower on him. Back injuries aren't the DB's best friend.
I really didn’t like Toney so the giants saved us....let’s hope he doesn’t go on to tear it up in the nfl!

ETN wasn’t a fav pick of mine but if he becomes a great run/catch dual threat then we will all be applauding this pick come the end of next season.
Also Brandon Browning was a target top of the 4th. It seems like we addressed a lot of 2nd tier positions with boom or bust high upside picks: 3rd down back, nickel CB, backup T, safety. And a lot of them UM is very familiar with through recruiting. Go and look back at 2010 and 2011 Pete Carrol draft, after he came out of 9 years at USC. If it’s only half as good it’s the best draft the Jags have had im a while.

(05-02-2021, 03:57 AM)Holger Wrote: [ -> ]Also Baron Browning was a target top of the 4th. It seems like we addressed a lot of 2nd tier positions with boom or bust high upside picks: 3rd down back, nickel CB, backup T, safety. And a lot of them UM is very familiar with through recruiting. Go and look back at 2010 and 2011 Pete Carrol draft, after he came out of 9 years at USC. If it’s only half as good it’s the best draft the Jags have had im a while.
(05-01-2021, 11:18 PM)rufftime Wrote: [ -> ]My lord has Shad made a mistake with this hire...

This.  3 years from now we'll be hiring a new coaching staff and wasting Trevor's career.
I would have been very happy with Toney. But I'm also very happy with Etienne.
Pages: 1 2