Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Do we need a new QB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm not bashing Blake but lets get real he is what he is. A int machine ask yourself this question..(A) How man games has this guy cost us in the last three years. (B) Name me one big game he's won against mediocre competition? All I'm saying is I'd pump the breaks on him being a franchise QB. Remember at one time another UCF QB name Dante Culpepper threw for 42 TD. If they're is a QB in the top of the draft next year it shouldn't be out of the question that we look at him. 

No

What FBT said
I'll say no, at this point.  But, I'd be lying if yesterday didn't give me nightmares that BB might turn out to be Christian Ponder 2.0

BB Is a great player. We should draft a coaching staff #1 overall next year from a college team. Even a HS team lol... 

He cost us the game? Chargers scored 38 points, ran it down our throats, and Rivers had 4 td passes, was he good yesterday, No but it wasnt all on him.

Also he's in his 3rd freaking year, will you people stop expecting a HOF QB out of the dude, every QB has bad games, he has a avg OL, and the running game has been terrible this year, everything is on this kids shoulder.

Good QB's dont grow on trees

No. Proper coaching and this team will look a lot better, Blake included.
No.

Quote:I'll say no, at this point.  But, I'd be lying if yesterday didn't give me nightmares that BB might turn out to be Christian Ponder 2.0
Did Ponder ever throw for 35 TDs and 4,400 yards? this is the NFL that dont happen by mistake.

Its 2 games into the year out of 14 
No. He had as bad a game as he's ever had as a pro and he was still over 300 with 2 TD's. I know mostly garbage time, but still.

In contrast, Blaine's worst was what 65 yards? Blake is going to improve and be good one day, I just know it.

Draft Luke Del Rio, bring him home
No.

Should have fired Gus last year and hired Hue Jackson.
No

Quote: B) Name me one big game he's won against mediocre competition? 

He beat Louisville & Teddy Bridgewater a few years ago.
Look it comes down to poor coaching and this is the result of a lack of accountability world of Gus,we did some good things every week.  This year we have enough talent that a game like this should not happen to this team.  Can anyone remember a game where we could say Gus really out coached them this time, or halftime adjustments was why we won the game. In the first three years we were giving Gus a pass for lack of talent but I can not any more! If we lose next week I would hope Mr. Khan would start his coaching search the fans diverse it. I would keep Caldwell he has done a respectable job in drafting and like all of us was caught up in Gus's high energy and defensive coaching in Seattle. 

Quote:Should have fired Gus last year and hired Hue Jackson.

That would have been great.

Hue Jackson running an offense with Bortles, Robinson, Hurns and JT? I like it.
Not even close

Quote:Should have fired Gus last year and hired Hue Jackson.

Dude, they could have hired this guy and been just as well off ....

[Image: Football+Cartman.gif]

Blake Bortles is an ascending young QB. He's not a machine and will have more days like this. To me, he was totally out of sync from the onset, it just wasn't his day. Too bad the D didn't make the trip to San Diego to help him out a bit. Dude is not even a qtr century old. Try carrying the weight of a franchise and city on your back. It's an incredible challenge that he's handling with admirably.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6