Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Forced Welfare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone else get a check from the IRS and a letter from Biden for a child tax credit?  Is this the new normal?
(07-17-2021, 07:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else get a check from the IRS and a letter from Biden for a child tax credit?  Is this the new normal?

Where have you been man? The American Rescue Plan tax credits have been nonstop in the news since April.
(07-17-2021, 07:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2021, 07:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else get a check from the IRS and a letter from Biden for a child tax credit?  Is this the new normal?

Where have you been man? The American Rescue Plan tax credits have been nonstop in the news since April.

Must have missed that one. Shouldn't one ask to be "rescued "?

Guess I can hit up Applebee's now.
(07-17-2021, 07:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2021, 07:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Where have you been man? The American Rescue Plan tax credits have been nonstop in the news since April.

Just remember, it impacts your tax filings next Spring.

As for the question, 495 million Americans voted in Biden, so...
(07-17-2021, 07:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2021, 07:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Must have missed that one. Shouldn't one ask to be "rescued "?

Just remember, it impacts your tax filings next Spring.

The letter from Biden didn't seem appropriate.
(07-17-2021, 07:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2021, 07:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Just remember, it impacts your tax filings next Spring.

The letter from Biden didn't seem appropriate.

No more than Trump's grandstanding with the checks last year.
(07-17-2021, 08:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2021, 07:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]The letter from Biden didn't seem appropriate.

I don't disagree with that. 

I'll pay it forward to PGA Superstore tomorrow with the unforeseen purchase of a new driver.
MY Daughter is 36 and married off so..... I need not to worry about that BS
(07-17-2021, 07:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2021, 07:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Where have you been man? The American Rescue Plan tax credits have been nonstop in the news since April.

Is there anything that you don't [BLEEP]-and-moan about these days?
You don't need to request a ballot be sent, and you don't need to request the welfare be sent.
(07-18-2021, 05:56 AM)Race Bannon Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to request a ballot be sent, and you don't need to request the welfare be sent.

You can ask for it not to be sent though.
(07-17-2021, 08:03 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2021, 08:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]No more than Trump's grandstanding with the checks last year.

I don't disagree with that. 

I'll pay it forward to PGA Superstore tomorrow with the unforeseen purchase of a new driver.

Do you have one in mind?  I'm about to do the same thing, although I didn't get money from the government to do it with.
(07-18-2021, 07:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2021, 08:03 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't disagree with that. 

Do you have one in mind?  I'm about to do the same thing, although I didn't get money from the government to do it with.

Either the PING G425 or TM SIM2. Need to get in the simulator again with both of them. What about you?

I might try the Cobra since Bryson loves his driver so much too Smile

(07-18-2021, 05:56 AM)Race Bannon Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to request a ballot be sent, and you don't need to request the welfare be sent.

Sure I do. I'm a registered absentee voter in Florida. I don't know the ins and outs of welfare, but I assume you could refuse it.
(07-17-2021, 11:04 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2021, 07:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Must have missed that one. Shouldn't one ask to be "rescued "?

Is there anything that you don't [BLEEP]-and-moan about these days?

I will always moan about the IRS because they are the biggest crooks in the country and should be abolished.
(07-18-2021, 08:10 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2021, 07:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have one in mind?  I'm about to do the same thing, although I didn't get money from the government to do it with.

Either the PING G425 or TM SIM2. Need to get in the simulator again with both of them. What about you?

I'm going to have to go look at them.  I've been using an old Taylormade R2, with a 55 gram shaft, regular flex.  I like to feel the weight of the head and not the weight of the shaft.  Also, I adjusted it to 12 degrees of loft.   I bought it at least 10 years ago, from the used club bin at Edwin Watts, for $80.  It works really well, but I'm starting to wonder if I should get something newer.  I like Taylormade as a brand.  I have a Taylormade M2 5-wood, which I love.  I use Ping irons, which I like a lot.  

Just looking at the PGA Superstore website, of the two you mentioned, the PING G425 can come with 12 degrees of loft.  

I dunno.  Maybe I should get fitted.
(07-18-2021, 08:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2021, 08:10 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Either the PING G425 or TM SIM2. Need to get in the simulator again with both of them. What about you?

I'm going to have to go look at them.  I've been using an old Taylormade R2, with a 55 gram shaft, regular flex.  I like to feel the weight of the head and not the weight of the shaft.  Also, I adjusted it to 12 degrees of loft.   It works really well, but I'm starting to wonder if I should get something newer.  I like Taylormade as a brand.  I have a Taylormade M2 5-wood, which I love.  I use Ping irons, which I like a lot.  

Just looking at the PGA Superstore website, of the two you mentioned, the PING G425 can come with 12 degrees of loft.  

I dunno.  Maybe I should get fitted.

TBH, If you are a serious golfer, I wouldn't leave it to guesswork. A professional fitting with technology like trackman or some other equipment is 100% worth the investment. The same swing with a properly fitted club vs an off the shelf club can be 30-40 yards difference. I was hesitant to even swap out my driver, but the technology is insane these days.

I am the same with irons. I have older irons but they are custom fit and I am so used to them, I am scared to change them.
Do I need to get a mod in here to remind you guys to keep regular talk out of the political forum? Hmmmm???

But since we're on the subject, I have Taylormade irons and M2 driver, but not acquired together. The irons were free from a travel miles points redemption. The driver my kids gave me as a Christmas gift a few years ago. I would like to do a custom fit as well. The clubs I have now are ample, but feel I could do better. The Taylormade irons are the Speedblade high launch, and it shows. I hit towering shots. Even the 4 iron gets up and I don't particularly like it. I'm sacrificing distance for height. With the set of NIke clubs I had previously, which were stolen, I was getting up to a club length more distance for each iron. I miss those clubs.

Right now I'm struggling on a down cycle with my driver. Every so often my driver swing goes sideways and I have to figure out why...again. Rinse, repeat.
(07-18-2021, 08:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Do I need to get a mod in here to remind you guys to keep regular talk out of the political forum? Hmmmm???

But since we're on the subject, I have Taylormade irons and M2 driver, but not acquired together. The irons were free from a travel miles points redemption. The driver my kids gave me as a Christmas gift a few years ago. I would like to do a custom fit as well. The clubs I have now are ample, but feel I could do better. The Taylormade irons are the Speedblade high launch, and it shows. I hit towering shots. Even the 4 iron gets up and I don't particularly like it. I'm sacrificing distance for height. With the set of NIke clubs I had previously, which were stolen, I was getting up to a club length more distance for each iron. I miss those clubs.

Right now I'm struggling on a down cycle with my driver. Every so often my driver swing goes sideways and I have to figure out why...again. Rinse, repeat.

Why would you steal Nike clubs? Couldn't you find something better? j/k

You must have a very high swing speed if you are towering a 4-iron. People usually CRAVE height on longer irons. Personally, I took the 4-iron out of the bag and use more hybrids. The game is already hard enough.
I have a set of Silver Scot 845s that I'll never give up. My woods are an eclectic group of various Cobras that I found over the years, but I like them all. I just wish I could buy a new game somewhere.
(07-17-2021, 08:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2021, 07:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]The letter from Biden didn't seem appropriate.

Same, I got the letter from both. In fact Biden sent me two letter letting me know he cares. I mean I won’t say no, I am poor right now. But I’m not gonna vote for him next round and I am glad this is a one off.
Pages: 1 2