Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This is NOT a Joke.... Only in NYC......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not a Parody: De Blasio Plans to Pay Criminals Convicted of Gun Crimes

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is moving forward with his disastrous plan to pay convicted criminals $1,000 a month not to commit more violent crimes. The initiative is known as “Advance Peace” and is being sold as a “transformational opportunit[y]” to pay “young men ­involved in lethal firearm ­offenses.”

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/not-a-...a1DvA_69wg
De Blasio is Advanced Stupid..
I read about that earlier. Just dumb.
Now, now.  This is a great plan to attack the root causes of crime.  After all, why do criminals commit crimes?  Because they want money.  So if we give them money, they'll quit robbing people.  Right?  Right?  Just pay 'em off. 

My God, that is insane.  I can't believe anyone would put forth such a plan.  That is ridiculous.
What’s ridiculous is New Yorkers will keep voting for this dreck. You know, the same people who accuse people in the South of being mindless Republican rubes.
This is seriously the dumbest idea I have ever heard from any politician............EVER! What's to keep people from suing the city for discrimination? They are favoring people who have committed gun crimes. They are gonna pay the people who broke the law, but not the law abiding citizens who have followed the rules all along? That is blatant discrimination.
Hello sir, what will you do with your first $1000 installment? "Oh, I have been eyeballing this sweet AK with 200 round mag that I have been wanting so I'm all over it". But sir! you are supposed to stop your criminal activity.
"Oh, In that case I won't shoot any more folks...I promise.
Criminals can vote! And their vote counts just the same as non-criminals.
(08-18-2021, 10:38 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: [ -> ]Criminals can vote! And their vote counts just the same as non-criminals.

If they have served their time, they should be able to vote.
(08-18-2021, 10:48 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2021, 10:38 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: [ -> ]Criminals can vote! And their vote counts just the same as non-criminals.

If they have served their time, they should be able to vote.

Not sure what that has to do with my point that this is just another waste of taxpayer dollars to grab votes.
I don't see how it's discriminatory. All that needs to happen is that a good citizen commit a gun crime to be entitled to the monthly entitlement. What could be more fair than that?
Maybe De Blasio was just setting his daughter up financially for the time being..
(08-18-2021, 11:06 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2021, 10:48 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]If they have served their time, they should be able to vote.

Not sure what that has to do with my point that this is just another waste of taxpayer dollars to grab votes.

All tax dollars are a waste.

That's sad.
(08-18-2021, 11:51 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2021, 11:06 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what that has to do with my point that this is just another waste of taxpayer dollars to grab votes.

All tax dollars are a waste.

Not true, and some are more wasteful than others.  You're being purposefully dense and/or annoying.
(08-18-2021, 12:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]

That's sad.

Why is that sad?

(08-18-2021, 12:34 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2021, 11:51 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]All tax dollars are a waste.

Not true, and some are more wasteful than others.  You're being purposefully dense and/or annoying.

No. I don't believe in taxes. Especially income taxes. Taxation is theft.
Then move to a place where there is no taxes.
(08-18-2021, 04:19 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Then move to a place where there is no taxes.

That is one reason I still live in Florida. No state income taxes.
What about all the other taxes?
(08-18-2021, 03:58 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2021, 12:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]That's sad.

Why is that sad?

(08-18-2021, 12:34 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: [ -> ]Not true, and some are more wasteful than others.  You're being purposefully dense and/or annoying.

No. I don't believe in taxes. Especially income taxes. Taxation is theft.

How do you expect to be taken seriously?
Pages: 1 2