Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: League Cuts to 53 of Interest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
We should start seeing the biggest cuts down to 53 shortly, wanted to start a thread of noteworthy guys who could be an improvement over some current guys on the roster.
Forrest Lamp’s stock sure has plummeted.
(08-30-2021, 10:28 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: [ -> ]Forrest Lamp’s stock sure has plummeted.

Man, I remember EVERYONE (including me) was ringing the bell to draft this guy.
(08-30-2021, 10:28 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: [ -> ]Forrest Lamp’s stock sure has plummeted.

I really like him too, that injury in preseason his rookie year didn't help his development just like Fowler.  I hope Etienne breaks that and still becomes the player he would of been if he didn't get injured.  Etienne has the talent to be one of the best backs in the league.  People were really high on Feeny that year too and he has always been horrible
Forrest Lamp’s name jumped out to me too. I keep waiting for a promising TE to get released since it seems the Jags refuse to trade for one.
(08-30-2021, 09:06 PM)Tornadosoul9 Wrote: [ -> ]Forrest Lamp’s name jumped out to me too.  I keep waiting for a promising TE to get released since it seems the Jags refuse to trade for one.

I would still take a shot at Lamp.

Buffalo moved him inside to G.  He may not be suited to G.  He may be a better swing T.

Troy Fumagali got cut.

T Tyrell Crosby
OL Forrest Lamp
RB Duke Johnson
ILB Benardrick McKinney
TE Troy Fumigali
TE Kahale Warring
CB Lafayette Pitts
WR Antonio Callaway

Are all among my wish list.

I wouldn't be totally shocked to see the team kick the tires on Noah Spence or ross Piersbacher.
Matt Skura released by the Dolphins, his issues are snapping the ball but if we move him to Guard I think there's enough talent there to salvage, for a flier for a low cost contract.
(08-30-2021, 10:19 PM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]Matt Skura released by the Dolphins, his issues are snapping the ball but if we move him to Guard I think there's enough talent there to salvage, for a flier for a low cost contract.

When we are first in the waiver wire, I think we should try to do better than taking a flier on a salvage project.
(08-31-2021, 05:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2021, 10:19 PM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]Matt Skura released by the Dolphins, his issues are snapping the ball but if we move him to Guard I think there's enough talent there to salvage, for a flier for a low cost contract.

When we are first in the waiver wire, I think we should try to do better than taking a flier on a salvage project.

Every player on the waiver wire is a flyer on a salvage project.
(08-31-2021, 06:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2021, 05:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]When we are first in the waiver wire, I think we should try to do better than taking a flier on a salvage project.

This ^.

No on occasion, those salvage projects end up being treasure (Jimmy Smith, Ben Coleman).

Sometimes we get some sport starters.  Sometimes we can get some good depth.
(08-31-2021, 05:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]When we are first in the waiver wire, I think we should try to do better than taking a flier on a salvage project.

When you're a 1-15 team though, sometimes other team's castoffs are better than what you have now. I'll take any upgrades we can get, no matter how minimal.

What I am saying is, when you are first in the waiver claim process, and you might claim 5 or 6 players, that means you get your pick of the best 5 or 6 players on the waiver wire.   We can make some good selections, better selections than ones I would characterize as "flyers" or "salvage projects."
4 pm is the cut line. It should be interesting to see
TE Jacob Hollister is a guy the Jags might have interest in now after his release from the Bills.
(08-31-2021, 10:14 AM)Tornadosoul9 Wrote: [ -> ]TE Jacob Hollister is a guy the Jags might have interest in now after his release from the Bills.

Hopefully they pick this guy up as a receiving tight end. He is still young (26), but has good production as a part-time player. Only negative is his draft comparison was Julius Thomas.
(08-31-2021, 10:26 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2021, 10:14 AM)Tornadosoul9 Wrote: [ -> ]TE Jacob Hollister is a guy the Jags might have interest in now after his release from the Bills.

Hopefully they pick this guy up as a receiving tight end. He is still young (26), but has good production as a part-time player. Only negative is his draft comparison was Julius Thomas.

Being comped to Thomas is a good thing. 
He was a very good rec. TE until he started phoning it in and didn't have a A-List QB to make him look better. 

Lawrence is not Blake Bortles, so any TE coming here has that over Julius Thomas.
So Cam Newton sucks so bad he just gets outright released?
(08-31-2021, 10:51 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]So Cam Newton sucks so bad he just gets outright released?

Yes, he's not a guy you want as the backup.
(08-31-2021, 10:51 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]So Cam Newton sucks so bad he just gets outright released?

It's probably about him not being a good team player.

Anyone that refuses to get the COVID vaccine had better be pretty secure in their position, because it's yet another reason to get rid of someone beyond just being overpaid relative to production.
Looks so far to be about 30 TE's cut and almost 70 Offensive linemen. ( excluding our own cuts) This should be interesting....
Pages: 1 2 3 4