Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFLPA investigating Meyer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
old news
Didn't see it posted anywhere.
(08-31-2021, 11:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't see it posted anywhere.

Probably because you don't bother looking in/reading any threads
(08-31-2021, 11:37 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2021, 11:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't see it posted anywhere.

Probably because you don't bother looking in/reading any threads

Seems like something that warranted it's own thread as it is all over sports and social media. You don't have to be such a little prick.

Anyway, back to topic. Meyer needs to understand he isn't in college anymore and the NFLPA doesn't play. I realize he is saying things out loud that everyone is thinking, but I wouldn't be shocked if we lost draft picks over this.
(08-31-2021, 11:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2021, 11:37 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Probably because you don't bother looking in/reading any threads

Seems like something that warranted it's own thread as it is all over sports and social media. You don't have to be such a little prick.

Not really, considering it's a big nothing burger... It was already brought up a couple hours ago in the Jags cut tracker thread.

Did I hurt your little feelings?
(08-31-2021, 11:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2021, 11:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like something that warranted it's own thread as it is all over sports and social media. You don't have to be such a little prick.

Not really, considering it's a big nothing burger... It was already brought up a couple hours ago in the Jags cut tracker thread.

This isn't a nothing burger.
(08-31-2021, 11:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2021, 11:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Not really, considering it's a big nothing burger... It was already brought up a couple hours ago in the Jags cut tracker thread.

This isn't a nothing burger.

It definitely is...

If this happened mid season, sure it would be an issue. The fact that the roster had to be slimmed down to 53 by today, per the league rules, means it doesn't mean jack [BLEEP]. They can't prove that anybody was cut/released simply because of being unvacc'd. League rules said they *HAD TO* cut the roster down by the deadline today. Hundreds of players lost their jobs today, just like they do every single year on roster cut day.
(08-31-2021, 11:37 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Probably because you don't bother looking in/reading any threads

Anyway, back to topic. Meyer needs to understand he isn't in college anymore and the NFLPA doesn't play. I realize he is saying things out loud that everyone is thinking, but I wouldn't be shocked if we lost draft picks over this.

That's like asking him not to exist. Honestly I am just hearing of the investigation, which to my knowledge, was just opened... So I am not sure how this is old news anyway.

I'm not thinking it, and there are many others who aren't either. Some people have personal health risks or beliefs that should certainly be respected and protected when considering vaccination. I read a study that states most of the vaccine hesitant are of higher education (BS, MDA, PhD)... So if that is your stance, more power to you, you are among America's brightest.

I try to stay neutral, but I want to know where all the informed consent, my body my choice folks went. The punch a not see crowd is also calling for passports. Ironic, really.

Anyways, lets hope nothing bad comes from this that negatively affects our team going forward. Meyer is wayyyyy too transparent and honest with the media. It's refreshing, but he's gotta be careful...
(08-31-2021, 11:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2021, 11:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't a nothing burger.

It definitely is...

If this happened mid season, sure it would be an issue. The fact that the roster had to be slimmed down to 53 by today, per the league rules, means it doesn't mean jack [BLEEP]. They can't prove that anybody was cut/released simply because of being unvacc'd. League rules said they *HAD TO* cut the roster down by the deadline today. Hundreds of players lost their jobs today, just like they do every single year on roster cut day.

There isn't anything in the rules that says they are released simply because they are unvaccinated. If you include that in your evaluation, you are breaking the rules. Everyone was doing it but it is very hard to prove unless everyone that got cut is unvaccinated. Meyer was an idiot and said it was included when evaluating the players. Any unvaccinated player cut now can sue and get their contract covered or league minimum. They just play the video and they really have no defense for it.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(09-01-2021, 01:35 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2021, 11:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like something that warranted it's own thread as it is all over sports and social media. You don't have to be such a little prick.

That's like asking him not to exist. Honestly I am just hearing of the investigation, which to my knowledge, was just opened... So I am not sure how this is old news anyway.

I'm not thinking it, and there are many others who aren't either. Some people have personal health risks or beliefs that should certainly be respected and protected when considering vaccination. I read a study that states most of the vaccine hesitant are of higher education (BS, MDA, PhD)... So if that is your stance, more power to you, you are among America's brightest.

I try to stay neutral, but I want to know where all the informed consent, my body my choice folks went. The punch a not see crowd is also calling for passports. Ironic, really.

Anyways, lets hope nothing bad comes from this that negatively affects our team going forward. Meyer is wayyyyy to transparent and honest with the media. It's refreshing, but he's gotta be careful...

While your post is getting on the political side and not the football side, the league has literally changed the rules to all but force players to get Vacc'd or they make their team/s get possibly punished for it. It's not just sitting guys for games who test positive like last year, it's now that you'll have to forfeit games. Nobody knows exactly how hard they'll push it come regular season, but I'm sure none of the 32 teams want to be the first to find out.

(09-01-2021, 02:09 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2021, 11:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]It definitely is...

There isn't anything in the rules that says they are released simply because they are unvaccinated. If you include that in your evaluation, you are breaking the rules. Everyone was doing it but it is very hard to prove unless everyone that got cut is unvaccinated. Meyer was an idiot and said it was included when evaluating the players. Any unvaccinated player cut now can sue and get their contract covered or league minimum. They just play the video and they really have no defense for it.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

If every single player kept on the 53 roster is Vacc'd and every single player who was cut was unvacc'd, yea they'd have a case. The chances of that happening? Slim to none. There's also only one way to prove any of that and that's by the players banding together and releasing their medical info. Aint nobody suing the monster that is the NFL over this, or any NFL team for that matter.

The NFLPA doesn't have the power to take away draft picks.
(09-01-2021, 01:35 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not thinking it, and there are many others who aren't either. Some people have personal health risks or beliefs that should certainly be respected and protected when considering vaccination. I read a study that states most of the vaccine hesitant are of higher education (BS, MDA, PhD)... So if that is your stance, more power to you, you are among America's brightest.

The study is wrong/misleading. There is a strong correlation between education and vaccination status, but it goes the other way.

Quote:Anyways, lets hope nothing bad comes from this that negatively affects our team going forward. Meyer is wayyyyy to transparent and honest with the media. It's refreshing, but he's gotta be careful...

It seems ridiculous to me that you can't take vaccine status into account, when vaccine status has a league-mandated impact on players; if it changes their availability in the case of exposure, then it's a big thing. The best sort of ability, and all that...
(09-01-2021, 05:23 AM)iapetus Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2021, 01:35 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not thinking it, and there are many others who aren't either. Some people have personal health risks or beliefs that should certainly be respected and protected when considering vaccination. I read a study that states most of the vaccine hesitant are of higher education (BS, MDA, PhD)... So if that is your stance, more power to you, you are among America's brightest.

The study is wrong/misleading. There is a strong correlation between education and vaccination status, but it goes the other way.

Quote:Anyways, lets hope nothing bad comes from this that negatively affects our team going forward. Meyer is wayyyyy to transparent and honest with the media. It's refreshing, but he's gotta be careful...

It seems ridiculous to me that you can't take vaccine status into account, when vaccine status has a league-mandated impact on players; if it changes their availability in the case of exposure, then it's a big thing. The best sort of ability, and all that...

Yes.  When the league rule is that if an outbreak, caused by an UNvaccinated player or players, causes a game to be cancelled, the team that had the outbreak will forfeit the game, then vaccination status HAS to be a factor when it's a close call, which of two players to keep on the team.   The unvaccinated player could actually cause a forfeit.   In addition to that, if a player tests positive, and he is unvaccinated, then, under the rules, he has to stay out longer than a vaccinated player who tests positive.  

So NFL rules set this situation up.  It is inevitable, and yet, coaches and GMs aren't allowed to admit it.

What Meyer ought to say to the NFLPA is, "Your problem is with the NFL.  Not with me.  The NFL set up this situation.  I'm just telling the truth."
There's no rule (tiko) that says vax status can't be a consideration in cutting a player. Players get cut for health reasons all the time. The NFLPA is just blustering again.
Yeah, this is a logical response to the rules set. Their issue is with the NFL. They need to stop picking on the jags.
(09-01-2021, 06:23 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]There's no rule (tiko) that says vax status can't be a consideration in cutting a player. Players get cut for health reasons all the time. The NFLPA is just blustering again.

There is a rule though that says vax can't be the lone reason for cutting a player though.  But this wasn't the case
This investigation will come to nothing. However, it seems like the NFLPA is constantly trying to make us look bad to players. That is the only part that bothers me about it.
To be fair I think the nflpa has lost support of a huge number of players anyway I don’t think there opinion carries as much as it once did.

Also I know everyone’s quick to bash urban for saying these things, but personally I like how transparent he is, it’s better than listening to 5/10 mins of coach talk every interview
(09-01-2021, 06:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2021, 06:23 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]There's no rule (tiko) that says vax status can't be a consideration in cutting a player. Players get cut for health reasons all the time. The NFLPA is just blustering again.

There is a rule though that says vax can't be the lone reason for cutting a player though.  But this wasn't the case

Show me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5