Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 9/11 education should 'avoid placing blame,' leave out 'gruesome' details
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Damn Snowflake generation... I bet their [BLEEP] would be the 1st ones to hide behind a man/woman with a gun should the defecation contact the rotary Oscillator in this country.....

9/11 education should 'avoid placing blame,' leave out 'gruesome' details, college students say

American exceptionalism is 'rooted in a lot of colonialist and imperialist notions of how we should treat each other people,' one student said

https://www.foxnews.com/us/9-11-educatio...KYPxxFovJU
I’m sure these student opinions are in the small minority.

Shame on Fox News for attempting to sensationalize this just before the anniversary. It’s in poor taste.
The worst part of this article is that this occurred on UF campus. I took pride in wokeism not being in Florida, but I guess the disease has spread to even the most unlikely university.

You should always teach who was responsible.

How can anyone connect American exceptionalism to being extremism? I hate where this country is headed.
(09-10-2021, 07:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]The worst part of this article is that this occurred on UF campus. I took pride in wokeism not being in Florida, but I guess the disease has spread to even the most unlikely university.

How can anyone connect American exceptionalism to being extremism? I hate where this country is headed.

You need to keep this in perspective. You’re giving substance to the opinion of people who have emerged from puberty after the last time the Jaguars made the playoffs. Also, how many students in total were interviewed and did the interviewers camp out in front of some liberal arts building to get the most vacuous statements?
(09-10-2021, 08:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2021, 07:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]The worst part of this article is that this occurred on UF campus. I took pride in wokeism not being in Florida, but I guess the disease has spread to even the most unlikely university.

You need to keep this in perspective. You’re giving substance to the opinion of people who have emerged from puberty after the last time the Jaguars made the playoffs. Also, how many students in total were interviewed and did the interviewers camp out in front of some liberal arts building to get the most vacuous statements?

Fair point. I get that the narrative can be twisted  any way they want, but it is still disturbing to me that smart people (on  paper) think like this.
(09-10-2021, 09:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2021, 08:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]You need to keep this in perspective. You’re giving substance to the opinion of people who have emerged from puberty after the last time the Jaguars made the playoffs. Also, how many students in total were interviewed and did the interviewers camp out in front of some liberal arts building to get the most vacuous statements?

Fair point. I get that the narrative can be twisted  any way they want, but it is still disturbing to me that smart people (on  paper) think like this.

You know, there are 350 million people in this country.  At least a few of them are going to say some wacky stuff.   Even smart people say stupid stuff all the time.  The media blows it out of proportion.
Intellect doesn't always equal common sense.
The worst part is when they don't know they are dumb. It's everyone around them who feels that pain.
(09-10-2021, 01:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Intellect doesn't always equal common sense.

I've said the same thing (roughly) for many years.  I have seen college "educated" Electronics Engineering grads unable to hook up a battery properly.  One in particular was a UF graduate.
(09-10-2021, 01:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Intellect doesn't always equal common sense.

Having Common sense is a curse.
We can’t teach facts anymore?  Is the truth too gruesome?  If so, then stay the [BLEEP] home.  They teaching that the civil war was a long [BLEEP] paper rock scissor game?  Grow a [BLEEP] pair.  Oh, your a female? Well, then man up???  Is that right?  I think it is these days. These woman and “men” need to grow a pair.  A pair of whatever they grow or want to grow.  Just quit being a snowflake.
Missouri conservative group confronts student senator as he takes down and throws away flags from 9/11 display | Fox News

The student, identified by YAF as Fadel Alkilani, serves as chairman of the student senate finance committee at the school.

Nathaniel Hope, a member of the UW College Republicans, filmed the video and said that Alkilani had "no remorse" and claimed the flags were in "violation of school rules."

Alkilani told YAF, "I did not violate any university or legal policy. Now go away."

Alkilani reportedly bragged about the vandalism on Twitter saying that he wanted to "protest against American imperialism and the 900,000 lives lost as a result of post 9/11 war." His Twitter account has been made private so that only followers can view his tweets.

In an Instagram story, Alkilani shared a post from Washington University in St. Louis's Instagram account highlighting the display, commenting, "Republicans attacking me in the replies."
(09-11-2021, 11:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Missouri conservative group confronts student senator as he takes down and throws away flags from 9/11 display | Fox News

The student, identified by YAF as Fadel Alkilani, serves as chairman of the student senate finance committee at the school.

Nathaniel Hope, a member of the UW College Republicans, filmed the video and said that Alkilani had "no remorse" and claimed the flags were in "violation of school rules."

Alkilani told YAF, "I did not violate any university or legal policy. Now go away."

Alkilani reportedly bragged about the vandalism on Twitter saying that he wanted to "protest against American imperialism and the 900,000 lives lost as a result of post 9/11 war." His Twitter account has been made private so that only followers can view his tweets.

In an Instagram story, Alkilani shared a post from Washington University in St. Louis's Instagram account highlighting the display, commenting, "Republicans attacking me in the replies."

Not to sound all Grumpy Old Man, but in my day that jack [BLEEP] would get an [BLEEP] whuppin' and his Twitter fingers would get broken with a hammer. Maybe it's time to return to the old ways. Too many people grew up thinking no one would punch them in the mouth for their bull [BLEEP] talk. Once they find out that the society they are attacking is all that protects them from the mean people who are happy to curb stomp them they might change their tune.
(09-11-2021, 11:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2021, 11:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Missouri conservative group confronts student senator as he takes down and throws away flags from 9/11 display | Fox News

Not to sound all Grumpy Old Man, but in my day that jack [BLEEP] would get an [BLEEP] whuppin' and his Twitter fingers would get broken with a hammer. Maybe it's time to return to the old ways. Too many people grew up thinking no one would punch them in the mouth for their bull [BLEEP] talk. Once they find out that the society they are attacking is all that protects them from the mean people who are happy to curb stomp them they might change their tune.

I was thinking the same thing.
I mean, I get the dude is probably a prick, but what's he supposed to do with all those tiny little flags? Fold them and burn them while standing at attention?