Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
9/11 education should 'avoid placing blame,' leave out 'gruesome' details

Damn Snowflake generation... I bet their [BLEEP] would be the 1st ones to hide behind a man/woman with a gun should the defecation contact the rotary Oscillator in this country.....

9/11 education should 'avoid placing blame,' leave out 'gruesome' details, college students say

American exceptionalism is 'rooted in a lot of colonialist and imperialist notions of how we should treat each other people,' one student said

https://www.foxnews.com/us/9-11-educatio...KYPxxFovJU
Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I’m sure these student opinions are in the small minority.

Shame on Fox News for attempting to sensationalize this just before the anniversary. It’s in poor taste.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2021, 07:57 AM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

The worst part of this article is that this occurred on UF campus. I took pride in wokeism not being in Florida, but I guess the disease has spread to even the most unlikely university.

You should always teach who was responsible.

How can anyone connect American exceptionalism to being extremism? I hate where this country is headed.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2021, 08:17 AM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-10-2021, 07:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The worst part of this article is that this occurred on UF campus. I took pride in wokeism not being in Florida, but I guess the disease has spread to even the most unlikely university.

How can anyone connect American exceptionalism to being extremism? I hate where this country is headed.

You need to keep this in perspective. You’re giving substance to the opinion of people who have emerged from puberty after the last time the Jaguars made the playoffs. Also, how many students in total were interviewed and did the interviewers camp out in front of some liberal arts building to get the most vacuous statements?

(09-10-2021, 08:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 07:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The worst part of this article is that this occurred on UF campus. I took pride in wokeism not being in Florida, but I guess the disease has spread to even the most unlikely university.

You need to keep this in perspective. You’re giving substance to the opinion of people who have emerged from puberty after the last time the Jaguars made the playoffs. Also, how many students in total were interviewed and did the interviewers camp out in front of some liberal arts building to get the most vacuous statements?

Fair point. I get that the narrative can be twisted  any way they want, but it is still disturbing to me that smart people (on  paper) think like this.

(09-10-2021, 09:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 08:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: You need to keep this in perspective. You’re giving substance to the opinion of people who have emerged from puberty after the last time the Jaguars made the playoffs. Also, how many students in total were interviewed and did the interviewers camp out in front of some liberal arts building to get the most vacuous statements?

Fair point. I get that the narrative can be twisted  any way they want, but it is still disturbing to me that smart people (on  paper) think like this.

You know, there are 350 million people in this country.  At least a few of them are going to say some wacky stuff.   Even smart people say stupid stuff all the time.  The media blows it out of proportion.

Intellect doesn't always equal common sense.

The worst part is when they don't know they are dumb. It's everyone around them who feels that pain.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-10-2021, 01:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Intellect doesn't always equal common sense.

I've said the same thing (roughly) for many years.  I have seen college "educated" Electronics Engineering grads unable to hook up a battery properly.  One in particular was a UF graduate.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-10-2021, 01:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Intellect doesn't always equal common sense.

Having Common sense is a curse.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2021, 08:57 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

We can’t teach facts anymore?  Is the truth too gruesome?  If so, then stay the [BLEEP] home.  They teaching that the civil war was a long [BLEEP] paper rock scissor game?  Grow a [BLEEP] pair.  Oh, your a female? Well, then man up???  Is that right?  I think it is these days. These woman and “men” need to grow a pair.  A pair of whatever they grow or want to grow.  Just quit being a snowflake.

Missouri conservative group confronts student senator as he takes down and throws away flags from 9/11 display | Fox News

The student, identified by YAF as Fadel Alkilani, serves as chairman of the student senate finance committee at the school.

Nathaniel Hope, a member of the UW College Republicans, filmed the video and said that Alkilani had "no remorse" and claimed the flags were in "violation of school rules."

Alkilani told YAF, "I did not violate any university or legal policy. Now go away."

Alkilani reportedly bragged about the vandalism on Twitter saying that he wanted to "protest against American imperialism and the 900,000 lives lost as a result of post 9/11 war." His Twitter account has been made private so that only followers can view his tweets.

In an Instagram story, Alkilani shared a post from Washington University in St. Louis's Instagram account highlighting the display, commenting, "Republicans attacking me in the replies."

(09-11-2021, 11:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Missouri conservative group confronts student senator as he takes down and throws away flags from 9/11 display | Fox News

The student, identified by YAF as Fadel Alkilani, serves as chairman of the student senate finance committee at the school.

Nathaniel Hope, a member of the UW College Republicans, filmed the video and said that Alkilani had "no remorse" and claimed the flags were in "violation of school rules."

Alkilani told YAF, "I did not violate any university or legal policy. Now go away."

Alkilani reportedly bragged about the vandalism on Twitter saying that he wanted to "protest against American imperialism and the 900,000 lives lost as a result of post 9/11 war." His Twitter account has been made private so that only followers can view his tweets.

In an Instagram story, Alkilani shared a post from Washington University in St. Louis's Instagram account highlighting the display, commenting, "Republicans attacking me in the replies."

Not to sound all Grumpy Old Man, but in my day that jack [BLEEP] would get an [BLEEP] whuppin' and his Twitter fingers would get broken with a hammer. Maybe it's time to return to the old ways. Too many people grew up thinking no one would punch them in the mouth for their bull [BLEEP] talk. Once they find out that the society they are attacking is all that protects them from the mean people who are happy to curb stomp them they might change their tune.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-11-2021, 11:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 11:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Missouri conservative group confronts student senator as he takes down and throws away flags from 9/11 display | Fox News

Not to sound all Grumpy Old Man, but in my day that jack [BLEEP] would get an [BLEEP] whuppin' and his Twitter fingers would get broken with a hammer. Maybe it's time to return to the old ways. Too many people grew up thinking no one would punch them in the mouth for their bull [BLEEP] talk. Once they find out that the society they are attacking is all that protects them from the mean people who are happy to curb stomp them they might change their tune.

I was thinking the same thing.

I mean, I get the dude is probably a prick, but what's he supposed to do with all those tiny little flags? Fold them and burn them while standing at attention?