Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A Medically Fascinating Case
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This study hits close to home, is interesting and revulsive at the same time. When I was treated for cancer several years ago I experienced an abdominal fistula. What happens is the Chemo kills the tissue and creates a void (in my case in my stomach cavity) that sometimes fills with fluid. The fluid becomes septic and starts infecting surrounding tissue that eventually creates a channel (fistula) in the body. In my case the fistula penetrated the intestines and I had to have surgery to clean up the infection, close the fistula, and resect the damaged part of the colon. This guy though, I can't imagine how this would go. I quoted a sentence below but will leave most of the content to those brave enough to click the link.

https://futurism.com/neoscope/doctors-re...al-fistula

FTA: A CT scan of the man’s pelvis later revealed he was experiencing a chronic case of “rectourethral fistula,” an extremely rare condition in which there’s a new anatomical connection between the urethra and rectum.
I ain't clicking that.
(09-26-2021, 11:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I ain't clicking that.

C'mon...you know you want to. There's no pictures...
Nope.
Yep…not even going to go there based on that one sentence!
That was interesting and not as gross as you'd thin k. I mean, it's a pretty nasty visual but I'm not going to have nightmares.

The moral of the story is: don't do drugs kids.
(09-26-2021, 05:28 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]That was interesting and not as gross as you'd thin k. I mean, it's a pretty nasty visual but I'm not going to have nightmares.

The moral of the story is: don't do drugs kids.

I think the author was also correct that seemingly innocuous invasive procedures like a catheter can create some some really poopy out comes.
Same thing happened to a buddy of mine.  But it was his colon and cranium.  We jokingly called him “[BLEEP] for brains”. That’s what he got for always being a smart [BLEEP] to us.