Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Medically Fascinating Case

This study hits close to home, is interesting and revulsive at the same time. When I was treated for cancer several years ago I experienced an abdominal fistula. What happens is the Chemo kills the tissue and creates a void (in my case in my stomach cavity) that sometimes fills with fluid. The fluid becomes septic and starts infecting surrounding tissue that eventually creates a channel (fistula) in the body. In my case the fistula penetrated the intestines and I had to have surgery to clean up the infection, close the fistula, and resect the damaged part of the colon. This guy though, I can't imagine how this would go. I quoted a sentence below but will leave most of the content to those brave enough to click the link.

https://futurism.com/neoscope/doctors-re...al-fistula

FTA: A CT scan of the man’s pelvis later revealed he was experiencing a chronic case of “rectourethral fistula,” an extremely rare condition in which there’s a new anatomical connection between the urethra and rectum.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I ain't clicking that.

(09-26-2021, 11:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I ain't clicking that.

C'mon...you know you want to. There's no pictures...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Nope.

Yep…not even going to go there based on that one sentence!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That was interesting and not as gross as you'd thin k. I mean, it's a pretty nasty visual but I'm not going to have nightmares.

The moral of the story is: don't do drugs kids.

(09-26-2021, 05:28 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: That was interesting and not as gross as you'd thin k. I mean, it's a pretty nasty visual but I'm not going to have nightmares.

The moral of the story is: don't do drugs kids.

I think the author was also correct that seemingly innocuous invasive procedures like a catheter can create some some really poopy out comes.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 08:55 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Same thing happened to a buddy of mine.  But it was his colon and cranium.  We jokingly called him “[BLEEP] for brains”. That’s what he got for always being a smart [BLEEP] to us.