Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Interesting stats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know I know, no win yet so irrelevant buuuuut were:

6th ranked in defense

16th ranked in offense

Once we get the run game rolling, I think we will go up in offense.
The D played really well. I don't care what the pundits say, that one Rodgers TD pass at the end of the half was pure luck!
I think it's less about the running game than facing extremely biased refereeing. If the Jaguars play like they did on Sunday every game and get impartial refereeing they'll win a lot of games.
Quote:I know I know, no win yet so irrelevant buuuuut were:

6th ranked in defense

16th ranked in offense

Once we get the run game rolling, I think we will go up in offense.
And that's with Jack still in our back pocket

Still no traction in this thread, huh? Typical.
No freebies from frivolous penalties!!
Quote:Still no traction in this thread, huh? Typical.

Probably because the running game had almost no bearing on the loss in week one.

Quote:Probably because the running game had almost no bearing on the loss in week one.

I was referring to the 6th ranked defense
Quote:I was referring to the 6th ranked defense

Probably because everyone saw the defense played good, but it has to get better still.

Quote:Probably because everyone saw the defense played good, but it has to get better still.

If we have a functional, power running game, no doubt we win that game. Turnovers incoming soon
Quote:If we have a functional, power running game, no doubt we win that game. Turnovers incoming soon

A franchise QB with a consistent power running game and a top ten defense is a super bowl level team. It's good to have, but the least important one of those three.
Quote:A franchise QB with a consistent power running game and a top ten defense is a super bowl level team. It's good to have, but the least important one of those three.

The floor need for a running game is to keep Bortles healthy. By keeping defenses honest it limits the amount of blitzing defenses can do. I could care less how it impacts it otherwise, save maybe for offensively scoring balance.

Quote:A franchise QB with a consistent power running game and a top ten defense is a super bowl level team. It's good to have, but the least important one of those three.

Ok cool. My whole point of bringing up the running game is to say the effort the defense brought would have been more than enough if we could have ran the ball with more authority.
Quote:Ok cool. My whole point of bringing up the running game is to say the effort the defense brought would have been more than enough if we could have ran the ball with more authority.

Sure, but as long as we're talking about what could be the more realistic thing would be the refs calling an impartial game. Jaguars easily win in that case, too.

Quote:Sure, but as long as we're talking about what could be the more realistic thing would be the refs calling an impartial game. Jaguars easily win in that case, too.

We can't control the refs, we can get better at running the ball.
Quote:We can't control the refs, we can get better at running the ball.

Help is not on the way.

Quote:Help is not on the way.

Ok
Welp...

No FB on the roster other than gimmick use of Defensive player in that slot.  Oh and the guy that was the gimmick was inactive.  We aren't built like a power running game.  The Trips and Double Tight End sets aren't a "power" formation.

On offense we are getting outworked by what we have put on tape.  The screens and sudo play action are major telegraphs for the same 3-5 routes that we always use.  It is good to see AR15 allowing the TE to be open.  Overall I think the Oline is better than last year but the overall effort is dreadful.