Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting stats

I know I know, no win yet so irrelevant buuuuut were:

6th ranked in defense

16th ranked in offense

Once we get the run game rolling, I think we will go up in offense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The D played really well. I don't care what the pundits say, that one Rodgers TD pass at the end of the half was pure luck!
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

I think it's less about the running game than facing extremely biased refereeing. If the Jaguars play like they did on Sunday every game and get impartial refereeing they'll win a lot of games.

Quote:I know I know, no win yet so irrelevant buuuuut were:

6th ranked in defense

16th ranked in offense

Once we get the run game rolling, I think we will go up in offense.
And that's with Jack still in our back pocket

Still no traction in this thread, huh? Typical.

No freebies from frivolous penalties!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Still no traction in this thread, huh? Typical.

Probably because the running game had almost no bearing on the loss in week one.

Quote:Probably because the running game had almost no bearing on the loss in week one.

I was referring to the 6th ranked defense

Quote:I was referring to the 6th ranked defense

Probably because everyone saw the defense played good, but it has to get better still.

Quote:Probably because everyone saw the defense played good, but it has to get better still.

If we have a functional, power running game, no doubt we win that game. Turnovers incoming soon

Quote:If we have a functional, power running game, no doubt we win that game. Turnovers incoming soon

A franchise QB with a consistent power running game and a top ten defense is a super bowl level team. It's good to have, but the least important one of those three.

Quote:A franchise QB with a consistent power running game and a top ten defense is a super bowl level team. It's good to have, but the least important one of those three.

The floor need for a running game is to keep Bortles healthy. By keeping defenses honest it limits the amount of blitzing defenses can do. I could care less how it impacts it otherwise, save maybe for offensively scoring balance.

Quote:A franchise QB with a consistent power running game and a top ten defense is a super bowl level team. It's good to have, but the least important one of those three.

Ok cool. My whole point of bringing up the running game is to say the effort the defense brought would have been more than enough if we could have ran the ball with more authority.

Quote:Ok cool. My whole point of bringing up the running game is to say the effort the defense brought would have been more than enough if we could have ran the ball with more authority.

Sure, but as long as we're talking about what could be the more realistic thing would be the refs calling an impartial game. Jaguars easily win in that case, too.

Quote:Sure, but as long as we're talking about what could be the more realistic thing would be the refs calling an impartial game. Jaguars easily win in that case, too.

We can't control the refs, we can get better at running the ball.

Quote:We can't control the refs, we can get better at running the ball.

Help is not on the way.

Quote:Help is not on the way.

Ok

Welp...

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

No FB on the roster other than gimmick use of Defensive player in that slot.  Oh and the guy that was the gimmick was inactive.  We aren't built like a power running game.  The Trips and Double Tight End sets aren't a "power" formation.

On offense we are getting outworked by what we have put on tape.  The screens and sudo play action are major telegraphs for the same 3-5 routes that we always use.  It is good to see AR15 allowing the TE to be open.  Overall I think the Oline is better than last year but the overall effort is dreadful.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.