Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Alec Baldwin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Why should charges be filed exactly?

All I know is this... how many accidental blank mishaps does Hollywood need to experience before they institute basic gun safety protocols. Don't point your weapon at anything you don't intend to shoot. Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to fire. Treat every weapon as if it were loaded. Keep your weapon on safe until you intend to fire. It's also not difficult to change the angle so it looks like you are shooting at an actor, but the gun is aimed in a safe place. Create a bullet backstop, just in case, and keep people on the other side of it. These people treat firearms like they are toys while mocking armed citizens that know better.

I feel bad for Baldwin, but that sympathy is going to disappear as soon as he becomes the face of the anti-gun movement. I can already see him sitting in front of congress, giving a heart-rending speech.
(10-22-2021, 08:23 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Why should charges be filed exactly?

All I know is this... how many accidental blank mishaps does Hollywood need to experience before they institute basic gun safety protocols. Don't point your weapon at anything you don't intend to shoot. Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to fire. Treat every weapon as if it were loaded. Keep  your weapon on safe until you intend to fire. It's also not difficult to change the angle so it looks like you are shooting at an actor, but the gun is aimed in a safe place. Create a bullet backstop, just in case, and keep people on the other side of it. These people treat firearms like they are toys while mocking armed citizens that know better.

I feel bad for Baldwin, but that sympathy is going to disappear as soon as  he becomes the face of the anti-gun movement. I can already see him sitting in front of congress, giving a heart-rending speech.

Because if this were YOU, you would already have manslaughter charges filed against you.. The same thing that happens when someone is unintentionally killed by a drunk driver or other situation..

I put this in this forum after deciding against Fargin because I knew the two tier justice system would come into play on this one.
Sure, if I was running around shooting blanks and accidently killed someone, I would be charged. But you don't think there is ANY difference between me doing it for fun and someone that gets paid to do this on the regular? Alec didn't load the gun. As far as I know, he wasn't doing anything he wasn't supposed to be doing. He was given a gun, told to shoot it in a specific way for a certain shot. There was a malfunction and someone died. That's different than me randomly shooting blanks at a friend.
As much as I detest Alec Baldwin, this is truly tragic and no fault of his. There are people on set whose only job is to ensure prop gun safety. Practicing basic safety protocols is a little difficult when the entire premise of the guns on set is to portray people shooting at each other.

Someone is clearly at fault, but it’s not Baldwin.
I'm not even sure you can say someone is at fault. Blanks can malfunction. It's rare.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/prop...27936.html

(10-22-2021, 08:34 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]As much as I detest Alec Baldwin, this is truly tragic and no fault of his. There are people on set whose only job is to ensure prop gun safety. Practicing basic safety protocols is a little difficult when the entire premise of the guns on set is to portray people shooting at each other.

I agree to a degree, but they don't hit each other. They use angles to make it look like they are hitting each other. They could easily do the same with guns, imo. Either way, this is tragic. Like I said, I feel bad for the dude. It's gotta suck to accidentally kill someone.
(10-22-2021, 08:05 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/al...t-shooting

Hopefully charges are filed. RiP.

If charges are filed, it would likely be against the stunt coordinator. With that said, it sounds like it would be more a civil matter than a criminal one.

A similar thing happened to Brandon Lee actually, son of Bruce Lee.
(10-22-2021, 08:52 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2021, 08:05 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/al...t-shooting

Hopefully charges are filed. RiP.

If charges are filed, it would likely be against the stunt coordinator. With that said, it sounds like it would be more a civil matter than a criminal one.

A similar thing happened to Brandon Lee actually, son of Bruce Lee.

Yep. The Crow. I remember that in the early 90's.
(10-22-2021, 08:34 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]As much as I detest Alec Baldwin, this is truly tragic and no fault of his. There are people on set whose only job is to ensure prop gun safety. Practicing basic safety protocols is a little difficult when the entire premise of the guns on set is to portray people shooting at each other.

I pretty much agree with almost everything you said.  I'm not sure that any one person is "at fault".  I think that it was just a tragic accident.
You can do everything right and it still kill someone. That's why we have to ensure that these deadly weapons are removed from society, for the good of our children's future.

Alec Baldwin to Congress. December, 2022
Family of Hollywood star Brandon Lee - who died while making The Crow in 1993 - say 'no one should ever be killed by a gun on a film set' after Alec Baldwin tragedy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar...WSwLi82Ua4
(10-22-2021, 09:59 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]You can do everything right and it still kill someone. That's why we have to ensure that these deadly weapons are removed from society, for the good of our children's future.

Alec Baldwin to Congress. December, 2022

‘With the exception of personal bodyguards and movie production.’
When I heard this last night, I thought Baldwin shot another actor as part of a movie scene. In that case, I would have to state that the blame falls on the person that loaded the gun in which Balwin assumed they were loaded with blanks consistent with all the other movies in the past. The fact that he shot the cinematographer places another twist on this since he never should have been aiming at that person and it was NOT part of the movie scene. I'd have to say this is involuntary manslaughter (an act of gross negligence) so I kind of agree with StrowdCouwd1 on this. Conversely, had he killed an actor in conjunction with the shooting (blanks) were part of the movie script, I'd have to say he should not be charged.
(10-22-2021, 11:04 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]When I heard this last night, I thought Baldwin shot another actor as part of a movie scene.  In that case, I would have to state that the blame falls on the person that loaded the gun in which Balwin assumed they were loaded with blanks consistent with all the other movies in the past.  The fact that he shot the cinematographer places another twist on this since he never should have been aiming at that person and it was NOT part of the movie scene.    I'd have to say this is involuntary manslaughter (an act of gross negligence) so I kind of agree with StrowdCouwd1 on this.  Conversely, had he killed an actor in conjunction with the shooting (blanks) were part of the movie script, I'd have to say he should not be charged.

I thought about that but we just don’t know the circumstances. I’m sure production crews experience so many shooting scenes that they feel entirely comfortable with guns aimed in all directions while shooting blanks. 

What baffles me is with the huge budgets of movies you would think by now there would be tremendous supplies of realistic looking fake guns which are incapable of shooting an actual bullet. Especially after what happened with Brandon Lee. But it appears they’re still using real ones.
Side note. I think it's crazy that liberals can be whomever they want to be while acting, and it's just accepted, then literally bash the real life version of everything they emulate as actors.
(10-22-2021, 11:27 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Side note. I think it's crazy that liberals can be whomever they want to be while acting, and it's just accepted, then literally bash the real life version of everything they emulate as actors.

That's why they call it acting.  Do you actually think the actor portraying Ted Bundy or Jeffrey Dahmer should support raping and killing college girls or in Dahmer's case, eating male teens. 

act·ing
/ˈaktiNG/

adjective
temporarily doing the duties of another person.
(10-22-2021, 11:04 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]When I heard this last night, I thought Baldwin shot another actor as part of a movie scene.  In that case, I would have to state that the blame falls on the person that loaded the gun in which Balwin assumed they were loaded with blanks consistent with all the other movies in the past.  The fact that he shot the cinematographer places another twist on this since he never should have been aiming at that person and it was NOT part of the movie scene.    I'd have to say this is involuntary manslaughter (an act of gross negligence) so I kind of agree with StrowdCouwd1 on this.  Conversely, had he killed an actor in conjunction with the shooting (blanks) were part of the movie script, I'd have to say he should not be charged.

I was also surprised that it wasn't another actor and even more so to learn there were two victims.  Was more than one shot fired?  Very likely gross negligence was a factor, but a thorough investigation is an absolute must before charges are filed against anyone.
(10-22-2021, 11:34 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2021, 11:27 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Side note. I think it's crazy that liberals can be whomever they want to be while acting, and it's just accepted, then literally bash the real life version of everything they emulate as actors.

That's why they call it acting.  Do you actually think the actor portraying Ted Bundy or Jeffrey Dahmer should support raping and killing college girls or in Dahmer's case, eating male teens. 

act·ing
/ˈaktiNG/

adjective

But those guys aren't presented as the hero either.

(10-22-2021, 11:49 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]

I was also surprised that it wasn't another actor and even more so to learn there were two victims.  Was more than one shot fired?  Very likely gross negligence was a factor, but a thorough investigation is an absolute must before charges are filed against anyone.

Plot twist: Baldwin was having her baby.
(10-22-2021, 11:34 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

act·ing
/ˈaktiNG/

adjective

Now do comedians...... assuming "that's why they call it comedy" doesn't apply to the nut jobs trying to cancel Chappelle.
(10-22-2021, 12:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2021, 11:49 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]I was also surprised that it wasn't another actor and even more so to learn there were two victims.  Was more than one shot fired?  Very likely gross negligence was a factor, but a thorough investigation is an absolute must before charges are filed against anyone.

Plot twist: Baldwin was having her baby.

Didn't realize he had that much surgery done.  Her too apparently.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5