Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: *** Official Game Thread - Week 8 - Jags @ Hawks***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Coming off a surprise win over the in-state rival Miami Dolphins powered by new kicker Matthew Wright and a relatively quiet bye week, the Jags head to the far Northwest to take on the Russell Wilson-less Seattle Seahawks. The offense continues to look better as the game plan increases the participation of James Robinson while the defense still struggles to get to the quarterback and defend the middle of the field. With Geno Smith starting for the Seahawks this could be a day of victory or a day of deep humiliation.

Game starts at 4pm on CBS. Local fans can also tune in to the Panthers visiting the Falcons at 1pm and the Saints bringing Famous Jameis back to Tampa Bay at 4:25pm, both on Fox.

Thoughts, commentary, insights, disagreements, insults, whining, memes, gifs, and oh so much Snark to follow.
Kay Adams dressed as Wednesday Addams is...nice.
It seems like 4 weeks since the jags have played because of the bye week. I'm obviously excited for the game today. Hopefully it's a good one for the jags
Seahaws reporting Duane Brown, Brandon Shell, and Damien Lewis as all Questionable. That's a pretty big dent in their Olinemen. Meanwhile, we have Davon Hamilton as Questionable with a shoulder.

More updates to follow later I'm sure.
Let’s get win #2 today guys.
I hope we have our act together because losing to Geno freaking Smith will be unbearably depressing. Our defense is not our strong point but Seattle has some holes in their Oline for today's game so we need Josh Allen to go to work and make Smith want to retire from football altogether and the rest of the defense to take care of business.

We are not historically winners in west coast games but I also believe in Any Given Sunday.

Here's hoping for a good game with no injuries on both teams.
[Image: Sw_4PplE8iCz0MZLGm2Nf3uN22fZNzu9nRV1kxM0...4a99cfb859]
So this is out of curiosity....the team left for Seattle on Friday, 2 days ago. We are coming off a bye week with plenty of time to prepare. Why didn't the team leave earlier in the week to get acclimated to the west coast time? You'd think your body needs to adjust. We're not used to playing late games. I know when I've flown round trip from CA to FL to visit home it would take about a week for my body to catch up. Is it a money thing? A rule? I have no idea, just wondering.
Well at least they went fri instead of saturday, wouldnt saturday have been more the norm?

Go jags. Feels like we actually have a shot to win today. Or am i just crazy and drinkin too much teal kool aid with my vodka?
(10-31-2021, 02:15 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]Well at least they went fri instead of saturday, wouldnt saturday have been more the norm?

Go jags.  Feels like we actually have a shot to win today.  Or am i just crazy and drinkin too much teal kool aid with my vodka?

Yes I believe they went a day earlier than normal... I no you're not crazy... we have a good chance of winning today... I've been watching Seattle the past two weeks and the run defense is very suspect... if we can run the ball successfully set up the play action we're good to go... and on defensive we need to shut down their running... make them one dimensional
Another Sunday. Cautiously excited for some Jags football.

Of course, if this team loses to Geno Smith, get ready for another fun week on the boards.
Game on!
Keep Handing that man the ball all day!!!!
(10-31-2021, 01:55 PM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: [ -> ]So this is out of curiosity....the team left for Seattle on Friday, 2 days ago. We are coming off a bye week with plenty of time to prepare. Why didn't the team leave earlier in the week to get acclimated to the west coast time? You'd think your body needs to adjust. We're not used to playing late games. I know when I've flown round trip from CA to FL to visit home it would take about a week for my body to catch up. Is it a money thing? A rule? I have no idea, just wondering.

It's uncommon for a team to go earlier than Friday.  Many go on Saturday.  The argument against going early is that it gets you out of your practice routine.  You're in different facilities, etc.  That can be seen as a more of a distraction.  I also don't see how playing at 4pm instead of 1pm makes such a significant difference that the team would need multiple days to "adjust".
Liking the concerted effort to running the ball to open up here.
(10-31-2021, 04:08 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]Keep Handing that man the ball all day!!!!

Looked like they were looking at him on the sideline. Hope it's nothing.

25 is back in, so that's good.
Wonder why he didn’t throw that
hyde cannot block he is not a 3rd down back stop putting him in there
Looked like TLaw hurt his leg.
Dang, TL gimpy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26