Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Student suspended for saying there are ‘only two genders’
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
While I support the rights of the G/L/B/T community to express themselves freely and openly, biologically, there are only 2 genders in the animal kingdom (Yes, man is just another animal)

New Hampshire high schooler allegedly suspended for saying there are ‘only two genders’ sues school district

The student is alleging that the school violated his free speech and religious liberties

A New Hampshire student-athlete is suing his school district after he was suspended from a football game for allegedly expressing his views that there are "only two genders."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-hampshire...l-district
He's wrong. There can be as many genders as we can create, because "gender" is nothing but a social category we created to describe behaviors. There are only two sexes, those are biologically immutable and we need to make sure we differentiate between gender and sex to keep society functional. Saying you are a pansexual doesn't mean you as a man should use a women's restroom.
(11-16-2021, 10:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]He's wrong. There can be as many genders as we can create, because "gender" is nothing but a social category we created to describe behaviors. There are only two sexes, those are biologically immutable and we need to make sure we differentiate between gender and sex to keep society functional. Saying you are a pansexual doesn't mean you as a man should use a women's restroom.

Thanks. This answers my question as to how biology could be taught in Wokeville.
(11-16-2021, 11:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2021, 10:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]He's wrong. There can be as many genders as we can create, because "gender" is nothing but a social category we created to describe behaviors. There are only two sexes, those are biologically immutable and we need to make sure we differentiate between gender and sex to keep society functional. Saying you are a pansexual doesn't mean you as a man should use a women's restroom.

Thanks. This answers my question as to how biology could be taught in Wokeville.

I'm hardly "woke", but I understand the dangers of what they are doing and how we can't allow them to define the terms to their liking so as to force their worldview on us. If we try to say that gender and sex are the same thing then we'll lose the argument. If they try to say gender and sex are the same thing they should lose the argument.
(11-16-2021, 12:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2021, 11:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. This answers my question as to how biology could be taught in Wokeville.

I'm hardly "woke", but I understand the dangers of what they are doing and how we can't allow them to define the terms to their liking so as to force their worldview on us. If we try to say that gender and sex are the same thing then we'll lose the argument. If they try to say gender and sex are the same thing they should lose the argument.

I was imagining a non-binary, gender fluid unit in a biology classroom arguing with a teacher during a reproduction class and wondering how the teacher would respond without triggering a cancel call. Do they give it to them between the eyes with facts, or dance?

Cleatwood teaches this stuff in school. I wonder if special language has been introduced to avoid the binary clash.
Samoa has recognized three genders for centuries. In the ancient Mediterranean world, eunuchs were their own gender.

It's indisputable that gender is a social construct.  That doesn't mean that individual people get to change or add to it on a whim.  Our construct of gender has for centuries been based on biological sex, and there is no good reason to change that.  What individual transgender people seem to want is to pass as the other gender with no complaints or negative comments.  They would still mostly agree that there are two genders.  But what the movement writ large wants is to add all new "non binary" categories to our social consensus, and it's dangerous to change a social consensus that quickly, for obvious reasons.  The actual motive is probably to prime us for a greater social upheaval later.
(11-16-2021, 12:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Samoa has recognized three genders for centuries. In the ancient Mediterranean world, eunuchs were their own gender.

It's indisputable that gender is a social construct.  That doesn't mean that individual people get to change or add to it on a whim.  Our construct of gender has for centuries been based on biological sex, and there is no good reason to change that.  What individual transgender people seem to want is to pass as the other gender with no complaints or negative comments.  They would still mostly agree that there are two genders.  But what the movement writ large wants is to add all new "non binary" categories to our social consensus, and it's dangerous to change a social consensus that quickly, for obvious reasons.  The actual motive is probably to prime us for a greater social upheaval later.

Who the hell are you and how did you get Mikesez's password?
(11-16-2021, 12:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2021, 12:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I'm hardly "woke", but I understand the dangers of what they are doing and how we can't allow them to define the terms to their liking so as to force their worldview on us. If we try to say that gender and sex are the same thing then we'll lose the argument. If they try to say gender and sex are the same thing they should lose the argument.

I was imagining a non-binary, gender fluid unit in a biology classroom arguing with a teacher during a reproduction class and wondering how the teacher would respond without triggering a cancel call. Do they give it to them between the eyes with facts, or dance?

Cleatwood teaches this stuff in school. I wonder if special language has been introduced to avoid the binary clash.
There hasn't been any mention of this for me. I only teach anatomy and nothing more.

I also think this applies more to middle and high school than the elementary school which is where I teach.

Once I know the master plan of how to further indoctrinate the youth, I'll be sure to share it with you guys!
(11-16-2021, 01:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2021, 12:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I was imagining a non-binary, gender fluid unit in a biology classroom arguing with a teacher during a reproduction class and wondering how the teacher would respond without triggering a cancel call. Do they give it to them between the eyes with facts, or dance?

There hasn't been any mention of this for me. I only teach anatomy and nothing more.

I also think this applies more to middle and high school than the elementary school which is where I teach.

Once I know the master plan of how to further indoctrinate the youth, I'll be sure to share it with you guys!

No master plan. I’m just wondering if gender wokeness has made its way into the classroom at the expense of science.
(11-16-2021, 02:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2021, 01:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]There hasn't been any mention of this for me. I only teach anatomy and nothing more.

No master plan. I’m just wondering if gender wokeness has made its way into the classroom at the expense of science.
I'm sure it has somewhere but not for me.
Y'all do realize there is a reason the verbiage on paperwork has always read "sex" and not "gender," right? They are not the same thing. They were used interchangeably until the early 20th century when they diverged to how they are used today.

Gender refers to the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex, as in gender roles. Now it is related in compound terms. "Gender identity" refers to a person's internal sense of being male, female, some combination of male and female, or neither. "Gender expression" refers to the physical and behavioral manifestation of one's gender identity.

Sex refers to their biological make up.

I'm confused. Then 'hostile' behaviour is a gender, "bipolar' behaviour is a gender, 'social butterfly' is a gender, 'introvert' is a gender? I'm assuming you were being sarcastic/ironic? (two more genders)

The only true pansexual / transsexual is a hermaphrodite, and they ain't common. These people should be required to show thier genitalia passports.
(11-17-2021, 05:49 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm confused.  Then 'hostile' behaviour is a gender, "bipolar' behaviour is a gender, 'social butterfly' is a gender, 'introvert' is a gender?  I'm assuming you were being sarcastic/ironic? (two more genders)

The only true pansexual / transsexual is a hermaphrodite, and they ain't common.  These people should be required to show thier genitalia passports.

Nobody wants to see that.
(11-17-2021, 09:20 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2021, 05:49 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]I'm confused.  Then 'hostile' behaviour is a gender, "bipolar' behaviour is a gender, 'social butterfly' is a gender, 'introvert' is a gender?  I'm assuming you were being sarcastic/ironic? (two more genders)

The only true pansexual / transsexual is a hermaphrodite, and they ain't common.  These people should be required to show thier genitalia passports.

Nobody wants to see that.

I agree with this, but let’s be honest… it’s not like the X-ray scanner thingy-a-bob won’t tell on Nicki that she’s really Nicholas
(11-17-2021, 05:49 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm confused.  Then 'hostile' behaviour is a gender, "bipolar' behaviour is a gender, 'social butterfly' is a gender, 'introvert' is a gender?  I'm assuming you were being sarcastic/ironic? (two more genders)

No, gender is associated with sexuality, while none of those examples are.
(11-18-2021, 02:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2021, 05:49 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]I'm confused.  Then 'hostile' behaviour is a gender, "bipolar' behaviour is a gender, 'social butterfly' is a gender, 'introvert' is a gender?  I'm assuming you were being sarcastic/ironic? (two more genders)

No, gender is associated with sexuality, while none of those examples are.

So, sexual behaviours then. That's very interesting. So then are promiscuous, horn-dogginess, virginal, chaste, etc. also 'genders'? Where does it stop? This sounds like a lot of re-definitional [BLEEP] to me, IMHO.
(11-19-2021, 11:56 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2021, 02:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]No, gender is associated with sexuality, while none of those examples are.

So, sexual behaviours then.  That's very interesting.  So then are promiscuous, horn-dogginess, virginal, chaste, etc. also 'genders'?  Where does it stop?  This sounds like a lot of re-definitional [BLEEP] to me, IMHO.

Yes, all of those characteristics are associated with particular genders. Some of them overlap into many genders and most are driven by how you perceive your own sexual identity and your attraction (or lack thereof) to a sex partner. We've always had these forms of expression, it's just that the individuals were so shamed by our puritanical society that they hid out among us instead of just doing what they wanted. Our society evolved from a binary categorization (girls are soft, wear pink, and play with dolls etc. while boys are hard, wear blue, and play sports etc.) to one that actually considers that there are more than two ways for people to behave and that includes topics like who a person might want to date, screw, or marry. Sometimes those categories were beneficial, other times they were detrimental, but either way they evolved to become our societal norms. But many other societies on our planet treat those categories differently, and our isn't always best. Consider an American man telling a Scotsman that he's a wimp for wearing a kilt because "men don't wear skirts." Each is it's own social construct about what it means to be a man, but neither is the final authority on the topic, and we in America have this idea that anyone who isn't our preferred expression of gender is "weird" or "crazy" or "weak." XX and XY don't change but gender isn't about chromosomes, it's about society.
Popppycock.
(11-19-2021, 02:37 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Popppycock.

That's just your cis-hetero-normative privilege talking.
The Philippines treats gender with much more impartiality. Tagalog is so gender neutral there are no pronouns for him and her. No specific noun for husband and wife or brother and sister. Women have always been regarded more as equal and homosexuality is accepted as normal. But on the same hand, there is no self delusion that men in women’s bodies should compete as equals in the sports arena and there really is physical differences between men and women.

You could say because their social evolution, in this regards, began sooner, they’ve worked to an altruistic plane where differences are accepted but not everyone is commensurate. There are pegs of every shape, and even though all are accepted as equal, there’s also the realization they all don’t fit in every, um, hole.
Pages: 1 2