Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: *** Official Game Thread - Week 16 - Jags @ jests***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Down the home stretch they come as we prepare for the last Jaguars game of 2021. The team travels to New Jersey to play the Covid ravaged jests in the 1 o'clock hour today. Week 2 of the Darrell Bevell era continues as we play out the slate and prepare for what is sure to be another busy offseason. The team continues to give solid effort and with Brian Schottenheimer assuming the play calling duties today we could see a different approach to the in game decision making, though it's likely just more of the same as they try to get to February without any major injuries. The team will be without Josh Allen today as he joins Leviska Shenault and Ben Bartch on the Covid list this week, though Allen will also be out against the Pats next week due to his unvaccinated status. On the New York side, Coach Robert Saleh, several othe coaches, and 20 players are on the list this week as the virus continues to affect the NFL season. Even with all these people out of the game the NFL has not considered postponing meaningless games like this one. Realistically this game is the only one left with a chance of a Jags win as they play New England and then the clots, both playoff teams, in the remaining weeks. 

Thoughts, commentary, observations, debate, arguments, and snark to follow.
I'm just glad I don't have to actually go down to the stadium and watch this abomination of a team this week.
A touchdown for Trevor and no injuries. I don't ask for more.
I wonder if Josh Hammond gets meaningful snaps today? He was decent in preseason and the cupboard is bare.
(12-26-2021, 10:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if Josh Hammond gets meaningful snaps today? He was decent in preseason and the cupboard is bare.

I have little confidence in our WR coach getting him on the same page w/ Lawrence. Hasn't happened yet this year with any receiver they've brought up.
(12-26-2021, 10:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2021, 10:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if Josh Hammond gets meaningful snaps today? He was decent in preseason and the cupboard is bare.

I have little confidence in our WR coach getting him on the same page w/ Lawrence. Hasn't happened yet this year with any receiver they've brought up.

Treadwell's had decent games the past two weeks. Nothing Earth-shattering, but not bad for a reclamation project.
(12-26-2021, 10:09 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2021, 10:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I have little confidence in our WR coach getting him on the same page w/ Lawrence. Hasn't happened yet this year with any receiver they've brought up.

Treadwell's had decent games the past two weeks. Nothing Earth-shattering, but not bad for a reclamation project.

I almost mentioned him in that light as a caveat, but he also has had at least 2 plays I recall distinctly where he was not where Lawrence expected him to be after his break. 
It's been an epidemic in this receiving corps this season. 

Treadwell has been an unexpected bright spot, however dimly lit.
(12-26-2021, 10:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

Good point.
As badly as this season's gone, I feel optimistic about getting a W this week. It's the Jets.
(12-26-2021, 11:01 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]As badly as this season's gone, I feel optimistic about getting a W this week. It's the Jets.

Meanwhile, on the jests board:

"As badly as this season's gone, I feel optimistic about getting a W this week. It's the Jags."
Let’s go JJ’s.
Sanjay Lal absolutely has to go, the guy is absolutely horrible.
(12-26-2021, 11:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2021, 11:01 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]As badly as this season's gone, I feel optimistic about getting a W this week. It's the Jets.

"As badly as this season's gone, I feel optimistic about getting a W this week. It's the Jags."

LOL.  Just went to their message board.  Here's a quote.

Let’s be honest, both these teams defenses are so bad, it really doesn’t matter what either QB does tomorrow. 

If they stink, it’s what they’ve done all year, so no matter. If one or both put up big numbers it means nothing due to the level of competition.

This is about as irrelevant a game at the professional level can get. It’s embarrassing to be a fan of a team involved in it.
We may have a chance. Myles Jack out today.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1475120368897728513

Somebody will be disappointed but why do I feel like it will be Jag Fan if the Jags win?
(12-26-2021, 12:37 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2021, 11:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Meanwhile, on the jests board:

Somebody will be disappointed but why do I feel like it will be Jag Fan if the Jags win?

Once you're eliminated from playoffs contention every win is really a loss.

That being said I'd enjoy it if the Jaguars played well enough to win convincingly, today. What would really suck is if both teams are awful and we somehow win by a field goal, or something.
Lol battle of the worse team.

Who takes it? Probably Jags.

Haha
Does a game go into OT with a final score of 0 - 0 in regulation? Just wondering.
Over / under Lawrence 200 yards passing and 1 Td today? Hard bet
Looks like Hammond is active for the game today.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26