Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Delta Airlines gets Politically "Woke", Joins the "Cancel Culture"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here We Go Again: Delta Passenger Booted From Flight Over Attire That Triggered the Flight Crew

We’re back to this game again, huh? We have airline crews booting people from flights or asking them to cover up attire they deem offensive. Of course, it’s masks, hoodies, and sweaters that all rip Joe Biden.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/...G9gsDEF148
Good for them. Airlines don’t want provocative political statements of any kind on their aircraft. It’s a crowded uncomfortable environment with some passengers drinking. Allowing that stuff is only lighting a fuse at 35,000 feet.
(03-13-2022, 12:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Good for them. Airlines don’t want provocative political statements of any kind on their aircraft. It’s a crowded uncomfortable environment with some passengers drinking. Allowing that stuff is only lighting a fuse at 35,000 feet.

Delta said it's not a policy, so there was no reason for this to happen. It was an overreaching stewardess who didn't like what it said and that person should be fired and sued.
(03-13-2022, 12:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2022, 12:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Good for them. Airlines don’t want provocative political statements of any kind on their aircraft. It’s a crowded uncomfortable environment with some passengers drinking. Allowing that stuff is only lighting a fuse at 35,000 feet.

Delta said it's not a policy, so there was no reason for this to happen. It was an overreaching stewardess who didn't like what it said and that person should be fired and sued.

Whatever. I’ll value the flight attendant’s judgement to prevent a potential physical confrontation on a flight.

I Concur on these sentiments. 

He knew what he was doing when he programmed his face mask. It was a political ploy that even my job has a policy against such rhetoric. Like you stated, there's the possibility of it lighting a fire 3000 ft. in the air. We all have freedom of speech but just because it's attained doesn't mean that we can push our agenda/beliefs on others.

NH3...
If there's no rule and one is made specifically for you when you are exercising a Constitutional right that is pure unadulterated discrimination.
(03-13-2022, 05:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]If there's no rule and one is made specifically for you when you are exercising a Constitutional right that is pure unadulterated discrimination.

You do not have a Constitutional right to display any message on an airplane.
(03-13-2022, 05:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]If there's no rule and one is made specifically for you when you are exercising a Constitutional right that is pure unadulterated discrimination.

There might not be a rule, but when you buy a ticket, you enter a legal contract that allows the flight crew to boot you off the plane.
Horse [BLEEP].

(03-13-2022, 05:21 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

You do not have a Constitutional right to display any message on an airplane.

Absurd. If they make up a rule on the fly it's discrimination. You should all be pissed about this but since you agree with the censorship of that particular message you refuse accept that protecting him is also protecting yourselves.

(03-13-2022, 05:40 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]

There might not be a rule, but when you buy a ticket, you enter a legal contract that allows the flight crew to boot you off the plane.

Hey, you're Australian, you have to get off the message board. Begone.

Same thing though FAR less concerning.
(03-13-2022, 05:40 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]

There is a contract and the terms don't say anything about what you can't wear. It is not a policy, is not against the law, so he did nothing wrong. He also didn't fight the agent when she was power tripping so he obeyed her per the FAA rules.

Delta paid out when a mask nazi cussed at me under her breath after she yelled at me when my mask slipped down while boarding and I was putting it back up. She was too stupid, this was a regional airline and their standards are very low, to see my family was sitting within earshot. Not sure how she missed me putting their bags up.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(03-13-2022, 09:36 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2022, 05:40 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]There might not be a rule, but when you buy a ticket, you enter a legal contract that allows the flight crew to boot you off the plane.
There is a contract and the terms don't say anything about what you can't wear. It is not a policy, is not against the law, so he did nothing wrong. He also didn't fight the agent when she was power tripping so he obeyed her per the FAA rules.

Delta paid out when a mask nazi cussed at me under her breath after she yelled at me when my mask slipped down while boarding and I was putting it back up. She was too stupid, this was a regional airline and their standards are very low, to see my family was sitting within earshot. Not sure how she missed me putting their bags up.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

What's next, valets refusing to park cars because of the bumper stickers? Starbucks refusing entrance to those wearing MAGA hats? It's ok though, they're just marginalizing some white, conservative male; [BLEEP] those sub-humans.
Public accommodations may not be denied based on race, gender, national origin, etc.
Political views are not one of those protected categories, nor should they be.
Also, there are right and wrong ways to say things. We teach this children, but I will teach it to you, because maybe you didn't learn it when you were a child.
If you like Trump, just say, "I like Trump". It's a positive message, it's only about you, few people will have a problem with it. Don't say, "F### Joe Biden." That's a negative message, and a vulgar message. It's pretty close to fighting words. I'm sorry that sounds didactic and condescending but apparently that's what we need around here.
I mean, say it if you want to say it, but don't be surprised if people react the way this flight attendant did. You have the freedom of speech but not the freedom from the consequences of speech. If you put fighting words on your apparel, don't be surprised if people want to fight you.
(03-14-2022, 07:24 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Public accommodations may not be denied based on race, gender, national origin, etc.
Also, there are right and wrong ways to say things. We teach this children, but I will teach it to you, because maybe you didn't learn it when you were a child.
If you like Trump, just say, "I like Trump". It's a positive message, it's only about you, few people will have a problem with it. Don't say, "F### Joe Biden."  That's a negative message, and a vulgar message.  It's pretty close to fighting words.  I'm sorry that sounds didactic and condescending but apparently that's what we need around here.
I mean, say it if you want to say it, but don't be surprised if people react the way this flight attendant did.  You have the freedom of speech but not the freedom from the consequences of speech.  If you put fighting words on your apparel, don't be surprised if people want to fight you.

[BLEEP] that. And by that I mean Biden, Trump, Pelosi, McConnell, Kackala and anyone else. I learned my history just fine, discrimination because someone is offended is a quick step to tyranny. They made up a rule on the fly because someone was offended, that's wrong. If I tried, as a Moderator here, to ban someone because they said something that offended me personally but was not against the rules then I would be properly castigated for it. Same thing here with Delta, and the fact his speech was distinctly political makes it particularly egregious. The guy wasn't sitting there with a bullhorn disrupting the peace, he had a slogan on his mask. Letting some pearl clutcher toss him off the plane for that (when he agreed to cover it) is offensive to me and should be to all of you as well.
(03-14-2022, 07:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2022, 07:24 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Public accommodations may not be denied based on race, gender, national origin, etc.
If you like Trump, just say, "I like Trump". It's a positive message, it's only about you, few people will have a problem with it. Don't say, "F### Joe Biden."  That's a negative message, and a vulgar message.  It's pretty close to fighting words.  I'm sorry that sounds didactic and condescending but apparently that's what we need around here.
I mean, say it if you want to say it, but don't be surprised if people react the way this flight attendant did.  You have the freedom of speech but not the freedom from the consequences of speech.  If you put fighting words on your apparel, don't be surprised if people want to fight you.

[BLEEP] that.

There is no Constitutional right to free speech on an airline.  The airline has a perfect right to censor any speech they want to.
(03-14-2022, 08:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2022, 07:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ][BLEEP] that.

There is no Constitutional right to free speech on an airline.  The airline has a perfect right to censor any speech they want to.

C'mon man, you really think that the airline would be in the right if they said "You can't use the word "Constitutional" on this flight today, if you do we're throwing you off the flight'"? How about if they said "You are not permitted to pray on this plane today and if you mention Allah we're going to ground the plane and throw you off"? How about "no Cross jewelry permitted"? What's your personal line Marty, the line where they are allowed to take away your basic rights? And why is your line the right one instead of this guy's?
(03-14-2022, 08:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2022, 08:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]There is no Constitutional right to free speech on an airline.  The airline has a perfect right to censor any speech they want to.

C'mon man, you really think that the airline would be in the right if they said "You can't use the word "Constitutional" on this flight today, if you do we're throwing you off the flight'"? How about if they said "You are not permitted to pray on this plane today and if you mention Allah we're going to ground the plane and throw you off"? How about "no Cross jewelry permitted"? What's your personal line Marty, the line where they are allowed to take away your basic rights? And why is your line the right one instead of this guy's?

I don't think you understand what I am telling you, or else you just don't want to understand it.  There is no Constitutional right to free speech on an airline.  It's doesn't matter where I would draw the line or where you would draw the line.  The right to "draw the line" lies with the airline.  They're not taking away anyone's "basic rights" when they tell them they cannot wear a political slogan.
Lol
(03-14-2022, 09:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2022, 08:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]C'mon man, you really think that the airline would be in the right if they said "You can't use the word "Constitutional" on this flight today, if you do we're throwing you off the flight'"? How about if they said "You are not permitted to pray on this plane today and if you mention Allah we're going to ground the plane and throw you off"? How about "no Cross jewelry permitted"? What's your personal line Marty, the line where they are allowed to take away your basic rights? And why is your line the right one instead of this guy's?

I don't think you understand what I am telling you, or else you just don't want to understand it.  There is no Constitutional right to free speech on an airline.  It's doesn't matter where I would draw the line or where you would draw the line.  The right to "draw the line" lies with the airline.  They're not taking away anyone's "basic rights" when they tell them they cannot wear a political slogan.

So you don't understand that there was no rule in place not allowing this?

You don't understand it was the INDIVIDUAL flight attendant that had a problem?

You're the one that doesn't get what this is about. The flight attendant arbitrarily decided to throw this man out based on a shirt - and he complied willingly. Kudos to him.

He violated only one person's sense of propriety. WHO [BLEEP] CARES?

It's discrimination and it's a little sad you can't see it because when it happens to you people just like you will agree with the fascist flight attendant.
(03-14-2022, 09:59 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2022, 09:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you understand what I am telling you, or else you just don't want to understand it.  There is no Constitutional right to free speech on an airline.  It's doesn't matter where I would draw the line or where you would draw the line.  The right to "draw the line" lies with the airline.  They're not taking away anyone's "basic rights" when they tell them they cannot wear a political slogan.

So you don't understand that there was no rule in place not allowing this?

You don't understand it was the INDIVIDUAL flight attendant that had a problem?

You're the one that doesn't get what this is about. The flight attendant arbitrarily decided to throw this man out based on a shirt - and he complied willingly. Kudos to him.

He violated only one person's sense of propriety. WHO [BLEEP] CARES?

It's discrimination and it's a little sad you can't see it because when it happens to you people just like you will agree with the fascist flight attendant.

My point isn't about agreeing or disagreeing with the decision.  My point is that the airline has the right to do this, and the customer does not have any "Constitutional right" to wear a political slogan on an airline.

I'm just making a very narrow point in response to someone saying the airline had violated the customer's Constitutional rights.
(03-14-2022, 09:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2022, 08:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]C'mon man, you really think that the airline would be in the right if they said "You can't use the word "Constitutional" on this flight today, if you do we're throwing you off the flight'"? How about if they said "You are not permitted to pray on this plane today and if you mention Allah we're going to ground the plane and throw you off"? How about "no Cross jewelry permitted"? What's your personal line Marty, the line where they are allowed to take away your basic rights? And why is your line the right one instead of this guy's?

The hell they aren't.
Pages: 1 2 3