Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bye bye "bold gold"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, no Thursday night football scheduled this season and I guess that means no "color rush" for us this year (assuming Nike bring it back for a third season).

Does that mean the end of the "bold gold" uniforms?
Quote:So, no Thursday night football scheduled this season and I guess that means no "color rush" for us this year (assuming Nike bring it back for a third season).

I sure hope so.
I wish we had never went with the uniforms we did. We have changed our uniforms so many times in its short history. I still don't see the issue with our 1999 uniforms and old logo. 

My favorite uniforms were the ones when they had the teal flakes in the helmets that would sparkle. Those were awesome.

Quote:My favorite uniforms were the ones when they had the teal flakes in the helmets that would sparkle. Those were awesome.
I too like the helmets to where I purchased one and refuses to get it signed.

NH3...
I like the Shiney black helmet from the 90s.

And the 1999 uniforms.
Should have done bold teal.

Quote:So, no Thursday night football scheduled this season and I guess that means no "color rush" for us this year (assuming Nike bring it back for a third season).

One can only hope!
im one of the few that likes the bold gold . i have the helmet and aj canns rookie gold jersey . ibhappy !
Quote:I wish we had never went with the uniforms we did. We have changed our uniforms so many times in its short history. I still don't see the issue with our 1999 uniforms and old logo. 
This Times a Thousand....

My daughter literally cried when she found out they were taking the little leaping Jaguar off the shoulders. She was I think six when they ruined the uniforms. 

All black uniforms in the early 2000s. You know we were going to win with those on, especially on prime time.
On a side note to this discussion I noticed they have painted the roof on the expressway station on Water Street Teal.  Got me to thinking if the Jags went back to teal as the primary color and the city embraced it by doing more of the same how cool would that be.

Quote:All black uniforms in the early 2000s. You know we were going to win with those on, especially on prime time.
not.
Quote:im one of the few that likes the bold gold . i have the helmet and aj canns rookie gold jersey . ibhappy !
you are one of the very few.
Hooray for not embarrasing ourselves to poor ratings on a Thursday night.

The gold/mustard jersey will only work with white or black pants and black helmet. 

Bring back the Black helmets and stop with the uniform gimmicks. It should have been the first step in righting-the -wrongs of this franchise

Quote:On a side note to this discussion I noticed they have painted the roof on the expressway station on Water Street Teal.  Got me to thinking if the Jags went back to teal as the primary color and the city embraced it by doing more of the same how cool would that be.
I still bleed teal.  And always will.
All teal.

That was our distinguishing color from the get go.
It is still strange that we got left out and cant promote the nike material but I wasnt a fan of the yellow jerseys anyways. I do wish we could do teal.

should get rid of the gold on the helmets also. Just do away with it entirely. I understand the re-branding purposes. It still sucks though.

Pages: 1 2