Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Yeldon 21 rushes for 39 yards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
He just couldn't get going. Of course the shotgun sweep was tried atleast 10 times.
O-line still sucks
Not a power running team at all.

The carries out of the shotgun are what killed the run game today.  No idea why they kept trying it.

He's not a workhorse back. He's a change of pace and passing back. I don't fault him at all. Ivory was out
We are missing ivory. We'd have won today if he wasn't ill
Ivory is huge for our run game. And like stated, running out of the shotgun wasn't working and we kept doing it.
His hands are awesome though...
The Joke can't push in the run game. Linder and Cann also struggled if we are being honest.
Definitely missed Ivory today.

Trash. 1.9.

Ivory Power

Yeldon Finesse
Ivory wouldn't have done anything today. They stacked the line and kept coming. 

Quote:Definitely missed Ivory today.

I disagree. Interior run blocking was the issue.
Shotgun Sweep!
Our line has not had good push in the center for a long time. We got away with that when you have Freddy T and Mojo, but when you have a more average back like Yeldon, it shows. He made people miss, and had good wiggle, but when the guys up front block no one, its hard to get going. But he has good hands, and the strength of our team is passing anyway. Line did a decent job in pass protection at least.

I don't blame Yeldon he was often tackled behind the LOS or found a wall of defenders right there. Run blocking was really poor on a lot of plays and the only thing Ivory could have helped was to keep both Rb's more fresh.

When we stacked the box against Jets last years Ivory had 21 carries for 24 or yards so it's more a problem of the line than of the RB. 

I want Ivory back too of course, him and Yeldon will complement each other well and keep both fresh.

Does anyone know the nature of Ivory's illness yet? ESPN said it was undisclosed.

Need to draft a real rb, fournette
Yeldon is just a middle of the pack guy from a talent standpoint. Teams will never fear him for anything. He isn't a bruiser that will wear another team down, he's not fast, so if he gets behind them they'll just run him down and line up for the next down, and he's been a fumbler.

He'll do in a pinch, but he was a foolish pick in the second round with this team's needs. A player of yeldon's quality would be available at other times.

Pages: 1 2 3 4