Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Evan Neal vs Travon Walker Film -- Wow ... Walker is terrible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wow.... this is alarming.  Walker is getting dominated in a manner Chaisson got dominated vs Georgia.  This dude gets no penetration and doesn't even have good pass rushing technique.  

Perhaps this was already posted and discussed so delete if this is repetative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sPCbt_BUio
Good breakdown, but it was about 50/50 in those 1-on-1 battles.
Walker's power kept things a little interesting. Chaisson would get killed trying those power moves against Neal. But the commentator was right. Walker desperately needs more moves.
Yet, this is probably the guy we're gonna pick. It would be just another, in a decade long line of bad decisions.
Also, a lot of those weren't actually pass rushes.
If we take Walker we will be picking in the top 5 next year again.
Did you notice that a few times he pointed out how Walker should have disengaged sooner? There’s no denying the man’s strength but he would definitely benefit from reading the play a little quicker. That can be coached in. He has the physical tools.

(04-28-2022, 10:41 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: [ -> ]If we take Walker we will be picking in the top 5 next year again.

That’s a little dramatic.
You can find a bad game from any of these guys. They all come with question marks.
(04-28-2022, 10:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]You can find a bad game from any of these guys. They all come with question marks.

Winner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As has been stated multiple times, the problem with Walker is it sounds like he wasn't asked to rush the passer. So I wonder if he even got much coaching on how to be better at it. So not necessarily fair to grade his pass rushing ability against one of the best college tackles. He would look mediocre. Which of course is what makes his potential selection a big gamble. there are lots of guy that have come through the draft with great measurables but couldnt play football well. It does seem like Walker is a good run defender and could at holding up his side of the line. You need players like that and he seems good at it. But obviously you draft a guy #1 because you want him to get after the QB.
If I am looking for a strong side end in a 4-3, Walker looks like an excellent prospect in that game tape against Neal. However, to me, he just doesn't look like a 3-4 rush edge fit for the Jags.
He's not a pass rusher, he's 34 End.
(04-28-2022, 12:08 PM)RATLjag Wrote: [ -> ]If I am looking for a strong side end in a 4-3, Walker looks like an excellent prospect in that game tape against Neal.  However, to me, he just doesn't look like a 3-4 rush edge fit for the Jags.
He seems to set the edge well in the limited tape I've seen, but you're right, his pass rushing abilities are still an unknown.
(04-28-2022, 12:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]He's not a pass rusher, he's 34 End.

Yeah. He can line up at end, tackle or linebacker as well. I just don't know how you approach him with the first overall pick though. He's not going to dominate in one particular area and that's where my concerns would be with him as a rookie. 

He'll get lost in the shuffle if the coaching staff cannot hone in on what he's good at and just let him stick with that. Still put off quite a bit with only one solid year of production coming off the heels of playing around Jordan Davis and Devonte Wyatt. 

I don't like this pick. I would rather have Jordan Davis over him or even Ikwonu.
(04-28-2022, 10:47 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Did you notice that a few times he pointed out how Walker should have disengaged sooner? There’s no denying the man’s strength but he would definitely benefit from reading the play a little quicker. That can be coached in. He has the physical tools.

(04-28-2022, 10:41 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: [ -> ]If we take Walker we will be picking in the top 5 next year again.

That’s a little dramatic. Moronic

FTFY. You are welcome my canoe chasing friend.
We have the #1 pick. Unfortunately, there isn't a prospect in this year's draft who is worthy of that #1 pick. Baalke is probably hoping he can pull one out of thin air (or somewhere else) with Walker, but the right thing to do is just admit that we got unlucky this year and take the best available player. IMO, that player is not Walker.

While it's annoying that this draft won't produce what it normally should, but we need to remember that we had the top pick in last year's draft too and we ended up with Trevor Freaking Lawrence! If you look at it as an average of the two drafts, we are still doing pretty well, even if whoever Baalke takes this year ends up being a bust.

Another thing that can give us a little hope is that, as bad of a GM as Trent Baalke is, he was actually very good at picking D-linemen in San Francisco. If he gets his way and does end up picking an edge rusher, the guy might end up being better than we think he will.
Relax guys, we are the Jaguars what can go wrong?
(04-28-2022, 01:55 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]Relax guys, we are the Jaguars what can go wrong?

They trade up to draft Matt Araiza.

At least with Anger, he had the cool name.
(04-28-2022, 01:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2022, 12:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]He's not a pass rusher, he's 34 End.

Yeah. He can line up at end, tackle or linebacker as well. I just don't know how you approach him with the first overall pick though. He's not going to dominate in one particular area and that's where my concerns would be with him as a rookie. 

He'll get lost in the shuffle if the coaching staff cannot hone in on what he's good at and just let him stick with that. Still put off quite a bit with only one solid year of production coming off the heels of playing around Jordan Davis and Devonte Wyatt. 

I don't like this pick. I would rather have Jordan Davis over him or even Ikwonu.

I don't either, I think he's Tyson Alualu at best.
We are going to win tonight.
Pages: 1 2 3