Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Nfl gives jags toughest schedule again!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
again we get the toughest schedule in all of nfl. The nfl wants the jags to lose. all i can say about that now is i hope it makes the team stonger,and jags can make nfl sorry for giveing them toughest one in all of nfl. 

We will see how toms return affects the team in a few months. 

What makes this schedule more difficult than any one else's?

For the record, you realize you play every bottom team in the alternate division you play due to the Jaguars previous record?

Actually the Jags are tied with the Titans for the second most easiest schedule. Colts have easiest.

Yeah... You're way off base on this one Wolfie

Quote:again we get the toughest schedule in all of nfl. The nfl wants the jags to lose. all i can say about that now is i hope it makes the team stonger,and jags can make nfl sorry for giveing them toughest one in all of nfl. 

We will see how toms return affects the team in a few months. 

Which will make the 10-6 record all the more amazing.

Quote:Actually the Jags are tied with the Titans for the second most easiest schedule.

Which will make the 3-13 record all the more predictable.
Quote:   

Which will make the 10-6 record all the more amazing.

Quote:   

Which will make the 3-13 record all the more predictable.

Having trouble figuring out which way you want to spin this one?
Come on man. We are in the AFC South. That alone makes the at least 50% of the schedule below average.

This schedule actually looks pretty weak right now just on paper. It'll be adjusted of course once the draft is conducted and teams settle their final rosters. But just based on last year? There's no excuse for this team not to finish with at least 7 wins this year. 

I guess we will see how good they really are.  If they can't compete with the good teams, what's the point?  We would never win a playoff game.

The schedule always looks tough on paper, partly because we historically suck. I have a feeling things may be different this year.

Quote:Actually the Jags are tied with the Titans for the second most easiest schedule. Colts have easiest.

I guess the colts have an easier schedule because they get to play us.
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/...le-release

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);margin-left:40px;">No short weeks for Jaguars and Browns

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);margin-left:40px;">While that prime-time slight for Cleveland will be interpreted as an insult by many, it's actually a competitive advantage when you consider it objectively. The Browns and Jaguars are the only teams this season that won't face a short week and who won't have to tweak their weekly schedules at all to accommodate alternate game days or times.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);margin-left:40px;">When it went to a full season of Thursday night games in 2012, the NFL indicated it would ensure every team played at least once on Thursday for fairness. But in a for-profit entertainment business, a level playing field isn't going to trump ratings. The 2017 season will mark the first time since then that a team didn't play at least once on Thursday.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);margin-left:40px;">You could argue that the Browns, who are 29-83 since the start of the 2010 season, and the Jaguars (30-82) are simply brought to a level playing field by getting this break. But no matter how you look at it, it's a scheduling gift from the NFL.

The benefit of not having Thurs night game hasn't yet been mentioned.
Quote:http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/...le-release

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);margin-left:40px;"> 

The benefit of not having Thurs night game hasn't yet been mentioned.

A fantastic point.  It's time for this team to start putting it all together.  A mid-season bye, no short weeks and what appears to be a favorable schedule if there is such a thing in the NFL.
Yeah it's a shame. NFL doesn't want us to play the Browns every week (not sure we could ends up 16-0, even against them...)

It's an excellent schedule.  They just need to start stacking wins together. 

The Jaguars have an easy schedule this year.  They need to end the season with at least a .500 win percentage.

are you dumb? Pit, Sea, and MAYBE Arizona are our hardest games? We have a dumb easy schedule. Our only prime time game is the early game played in England which is the only thing that sucks and outside of that we have two 4:05 games. Sucks to be a Jags fan.. I love watching late night games

Is there such a thing, as an easy schedule, when you look at the Jags won-loss record the last 4-5 years...

Pages: 1 2