Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***2022 Draft - Rounds 2 & 3***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
After trading up to 27, we no longer have a 2nd round pick.

Will Baalke and company package picks to move up? 

Are you happy staying at #65 and #70? 

Who do you covet in these rounds?
Pierce, Thornton, or Tolbert at 65. Zach Tom or really any of multiple other IOL at 70. That's my dream, I know Pierce is unlikely.

I'm not trading up unless we can do it with only our 6ths and 7ths.

The day 2 mocks I've seen from the experts have been godawful for us. Cam Taylor-Britt with Pierce on the board. Kinnard and Mathis. Gag.

Went ahead and did an updated PFF mock simulation. Would be beyond thrilled with this haul the rest of the draft.

65. Alec Pierce
70. Zach Tom
157. Daniel Bellinger
188. Brian Robinson Jr
197. Jason Poe
198. Zachary Thomas
222. Isaiah Weston
235. Luke Wattenburg
trade picks 65,70 and 106 to seattle for there 40th and 41st picks.. get trey mcbride and john metchie..
(04-29-2022, 12:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]After trading up to 27, we no longer have a 2nd round pick.

Will Baalke and company package picks to move up? 

Are you happy staying at #65 and #70? 

Who do you covet in these rounds?

I'd like to see us come out of Day 2 with a TE that can prove more reliable than Arnold/Farrell. I'd aim for McBride, Woods, or maaaaaaybe Isaiah Likely to fill that need. McBride probably won't be there by 65. The other two should, but if there is sufficient rumblings, I might start to inquire about a move similar to what we made last night.

An interior lineman should fit at one of these picks.

I don't really sweat a second WR run. Guys like Skyy, Watson, Metchie, Pickens, and maybe even Pierce will probably be gone by our pick; I still don't think our FO is going to swing for a starting-caliber WR this weekend.

(04-29-2022, 12:43 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Pierce, Thornton, or Tolbert at 65. Zach Tom or really any of multiple other IOL at 70. That's my dream, I know Pierce is unlikely.

The day 2 mocks I've seen from the experts have been godawful for us. Cam Taylor-Britt with Pierce on the board. Kinnard and Mathis. Gag.

Went ahead and did an updated PFF mock simulation. Would be beyond thrilled with this haul the rest of the draft.

65. Alec Pierce
70. Zach Tom
157. Daniel Bellinger
188. Brian Robinson Jr
197. Jason Poe
198. Zachary Thomas
222. Isaiah Weston
235. Luke Wattenburg

The Day 2 mock I saw had Cook(?) Safety from UC at 65 and Mcbride at 70. I wouldn't complain about that, although Cook might be a reach based more on need than value.
(04-29-2022, 12:43 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Pierce, Thornton, or Tolbert at 65. Zach Tom or really any of multiple other IOL at 70. That's my dream, I know Pierce is unlikely.

65. Alec Pierce
70. Zach Tom
157. Daniel Bellinger
188. Brian Robinson Jr
197. Jason Poe
198. Zachary Thomas
222. Isaiah Weston
235. Luke Wattenburg
How you feeling about Shakir in the 3rd round?

I would love Thornton in round 3.

(04-29-2022, 01:04 PM)chris hill Wrote: [ -> ]trade picks 65,70 and 106 to seattle for there 40th and 41st picks.. get trey mcbride and john metchie..
Why on earth would the Seahawks do that? Hahahah
(04-29-2022, 01:04 PM)chris hill Wrote: [ -> ]trade picks 65,70 and 106 to seattle for there 40th and 41st picks.. get trey mcbride and john metchie..

gonna be hard to trade a pick we don't have.
It would be nice to move back up into round 2 but I'm guessing it will be difficult unless balkie can get creative
(04-29-2022, 02:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]How you feeling about Shakir in the 3rd round?

I would love Thornton in round 3.

I would be happy with all 4, but Pierce > Thornton > Tolbert > Shakir for me.
I'm hoping for some offensive players to help Trevor out.
I'd like to see a package of 5th-7th rounders to move into the late 2nd/early 3rd. Heck, even throw a 2023 3rd if we need to/can:

Players i'd like to see:

Dylan Parham (G-Memphis)
John Metchie III (WR-Alabama)
Bryan Cook (S-Cincinnati)
Christian Watson (WR-NDSU)
Greg Dulcich (TE-UCLA)
Remaining picks should all be on the offensive side of the ball. A poster mentioned TE being a concern, Engram was a FA signing. Shag, Arnold, Engram, & Farrell should be fine. Grab OL and WRs. Get Pickett or Mitchie.
(04-29-2022, 02:23 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: [ -> ]I'm hoping for some offensive players to help Trevor out.

I agree, but I think our best options at this point would be at OG and C.  I wouldn't mind both of those.   I think the 3rd round is a good round to get those, usually.
(04-29-2022, 03:00 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]Remaining picks should all be on the offensive side of the ball.  A poster mentioned TE being a concern, Engram was a FA signing.  Shag, Arnold, Engram, & Farrell should be fine.  Grab OL and WRs.  Get Pickett or Mitchie.

Who is Shag?
(04-29-2022, 03:02 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2022, 03:00 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]Remaining picks should all be on the offensive side of the ball.  A poster mentioned TE being a concern, Engram was a FA signing.  Shag, Arnold, Engram, & Farrell should be fine.  Grab OL and WRs.  Get Pickett or Mitchie.

Who is Shag?

Assuming he means O'Shaughnessy...who is now a member of the Bears.
(04-29-2022, 03:03 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2022, 03:02 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]Who is Shag?

Assuming he means O'Shaughnessy...who is now a member of the Bears.

I know. How is he going to help us with him being on the Bears?

Better idea.  Make Seattle give us both of those picks for free!
So we moved up and gave up our #1 second round draft pick to attain our DC's desires were an deficiency?

NOPE, Not Today and Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

NH3...
Like mentioned above, tight end can wait for next off season. We need wr and guard/center.

Did Gene Smith just get hired as the GM of Seattle?

(04-29-2022, 03:06 PM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]

Better idea.  Make Seattle give us both of those picks for free!

No kidding.  While we are at it, perhaps Seattle can throw in their 1st and 2nd rounder in 2023 in exchange for our 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks.
Just did up to date Fanspeak. I took the following:

3(1): Trey McBride

3(6) Cam Jurgens

4(9) David Bell

5(6) James Cook

Made a couple of trades to move up to the 4th and 5th. Couldn't pass on McBride at that point. Jurgens was also an easy pick as he can play center or guard. Bell was the only one I considered not taking due to his lack of speed, however I really believe that he can eventually replace Marvin Jones and become a reliable target for Lawrence. He runs great routes and will be a productive receiver for a long time. The team will need to make due for another season without a true X receiver, but the additions of Kirk, Jones, Engram and McBride still strengthen the receiving corps. Cook was a steal in the 5th as he and Etienne are also very good receivers out of the backfield.

Unfortunately, I doubt McBride and Jurgens will be there when I took them, but I'd be ecstatic with a group like this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17