Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: RB Trey Smith signed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://youtu.be/jZGYdaf-KJk

Jimmy Smith's son has been signed by The Jaguars. Let's pray that he at least make the practice squad.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
Nepotism?
(05-12-2022, 04:44 PM)Jagsman Wrote: [ -> ]Nepotism?

I seriously doubt it. No one within this ownership or regime has/had ties w/Jimmy Smith.

NH3...
RB competition heating up...sounds good to me
Man. That dude is 26 years old ALREADY. He’ll be 27 midway through the season.
He is the ultimate long shot. It would be really cool if he got to play in the stadium with his father’s name on the stadium.
Thats nice. I hope something good comes of this. He played 7 years of college foot ball.
(05-12-2022, 05:38 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: [ -> ]He is the ultimate long shot. It would be really cool if he got to play in the stadium with his father’s name on the stadium.
Keep him on the roster through the wk1 preseason game at home.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
(05-12-2022, 05:30 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]Man. That dude is 26 years old ALREADY. He’ll be 27 midway through the season.

he's a UDFA, not like we traded a future first for the dude.

He's camp fodder and special teams during preseason until he does something impressive enough to shoehorn his way into the lineup.

Age matters for someone you are hitching your wagon to in hopes that they become your franchise player. For someone like this, you probably have him around for a year or two, no more, and they either wash out or you replace them with younger.
I think he's listed on the rookie camp roster as a tryout player.
(05-12-2022, 05:30 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]Man. That dude is 26 years old ALREADY. He’ll be 27 midway through the season.

The same exact age Jimmy Smith was when he became a full time starter with the Jaguars.
(05-13-2022, 03:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]

The same exact age Jimmy Smith was when he became a full time starter with the Jaguars.

@No wonder the cowpokes gave up on him@
(05-13-2022, 04:52 PM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2022, 03:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]The same exact age Jimmy Smith was when he became a full time starter with the Jaguars.

@No wonder the cowpokes gave up on him@

From what I read, he runs a 4.8. Maybe he can move to fullback
If we are talking about this guy during ANY part of the season, then our entire running Corp has succumbed to injury.
(05-13-2022, 05:22 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]If we are talking about this guy during ANY part of the season, then our entire running Corp has succumbed to injury.

Yep

Longshot to make the PS
(05-12-2022, 04:44 PM)Jagsman Wrote: [ -> ]Nepotism?

As per Coach Pederson, you are correct. Trey was signed as an try-out player out of respect to J-Smooth. He'll end up on the practice squad at best.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
I’m with all you guys, but Anquan Bolden ran a 4.7.
I'm for anyone that can help this team win.
(05-14-2022, 07:59 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm for anyone that can help this team win.

Say it isn't so.

NH3...
(05-14-2022, 07:59 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm for anyone that can help this team win.

Perfectly said. So I’m behind the kid
Pages: 1 2