Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Down goes Cheney, down goes Cheney!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Goodbye Loser, #TrumpWon

https://youtu.be/o8Nb4TQO4dU
The reckoning was real..
Got crushed, potentially 2 to 1.

Hopefully Alaska does the same but I think the ranked voting will allow the RINO to cheat enough.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
no issue with pushing Cheney out but can't help to be concerned the GOP continues to march closer to the party of Trump that's not good.
(08-17-2022, 10:30 AM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]no issue with pushing Cheney out but can't help to be concerned the GOP continues to march closer to the party of Trump that's not good.

The Mar-a-Lago raid only strengthened it. Now I’m at an impasse on whether some on the right were helping pull the strings to finish Trump, or this was a calculated effort by the left to drive Republicans further into the camp of a scandal-ridden candidate.
(08-17-2022, 10:30 AM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]no issue with pushing Cheney out but can't help to be concerned the GOP continues to march closer to the party of Trump that's not good.

We need more pols like Trump and ZERO politicians like Cheney... Are you freaking kidding me? What is wrong with America First? BIG -1
I kinda agree with Ronster on this.. Say what you want about Trump as a person, but Trump's ideals in DC worked. To say otherwise, you're just fooling yourself. If there's another candidate with the same ideals as Trump, they have my vote.. If not, then it's a Trump vote for me.
All I got to say is...... Good Luck with that [BLEEP]!!!!!!!!!

After landslide primary defeat, Liz Cheney announces new anti-Trump group, says she's 'thinking about' WH bid
Cheney looks to continue opposition to Trump after losing primary by more than 30 points

Immediately following her loss to Harriet Hageman in Wyoming's Republican primary, Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., unveiled her next move, launching a new organization with the primary goal of keeping former President Trump from regaining the presidency.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/after-l...out-wh-bid
DeSantis is Trump policy-wise (in fact, maybe more conservative) without the abrasive personality. No worries, the Trumpers will board the DeSantis bandwagon when the time comes. And moderates will vote DeSantis, especially after 2 more years of this admins failures. What other alternative will there be? Biden? Kackala? Trump doesn't need to get back in the race for the GOP to win in 2024.
(08-17-2022, 11:56 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]DeSantis is Trump policy-wise (in fact, maybe more conservative) without the abrasive personality.  No worries, the Trumpers will board the DeSantis bandwagon when the time comes.  And moderates will vote DeSantis, especially after 2 more years of this admins failures. What other alternative will there be?  Biden?  Kackala?  Trump doesn't need to get back in the race for the GOP to win in 2024.

A week ago I would have agreed with that, but DeSantis has made some statements defending Trump and criticizing the FBI after the Mar a Lago raid.  
There was no reason for DeSantis to comment.  Especially not at this stage, when we're only speculating about what the FBI might be able to prove.
I just don't see anyone saying, "I was concerned about Trump, so I'll vote for DeSantis instead" after that.  It looks like Ron made a pretty big mistake at this point. So many other things he could be talking about instead.
(08-17-2022, 11:01 AM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]

We need more pols like Trump and ZERO politicians like Cheney... Are you freaking kidding me? What is wrong with America First? 

We agree on Cheney we disagree on Trump. Ive made my case in a few threads why I won't support Trump going forward. If there's a future for conservatism or the GOP they have to separate from populism. Trumps populism is old democrate policy rebranded. Splash in some meaningless banter and you've got the Clinton administration rebranded.
(08-17-2022, 12:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2022, 11:56 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]DeSantis is Trump policy-wise (in fact, maybe more conservative) without the abrasive personality.  No worries, the Trumpers will board the DeSantis bandwagon when the time comes.  And moderates will vote DeSantis, especially after 2 more years of this admins failures. What other alternative will there be?  Biden?  Kackala?  Trump doesn't need to get back in the race for the GOP to win in 2024.

A week ago I would have agreed with that, but DeSantis has made some statements defending Trump and criticizing the FBI after the Mar a Lago raid.  
There was no reason for DeSantis to comment.  Especially not at this stage, when we're only speculating about what the FBI might be able to prove.
I just don't see anyone saying, "I was concerned about Trump, so I'll vote for DeSantis instead" after that.  It looks like Ron made a pretty big mistake at this point. So many other things he could be talking about instead.

Was he abrasive when he responded? Nothing wrong with commenting, just dont be a jerk about it. If DeSantis starts that sort of behaviour, then he'll be no better than Trump where personality is concerned.
(08-17-2022, 10:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

The Mar-a-Lago raid only strengthened it. Now I’m at an impasse on whether some on the right were helping pull the strings to finish Trump, or this was a calculated effort by the left to drive Republicans further into the camp of a scandal-ridden candidate.

Same here I'm worried the only Republican that is not a guarantee win in 2024 is Trump. I'm watching the GOP really jaguar up what should be an easy win in November already give them two more years and we might get stuck with another 4 years of whoever runs the Democrat ticket.
(08-17-2022, 12:38 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2022, 10:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]The Mar-a-Lago raid only strengthened it. Now I’m at an impasse on whether some on the right were helping pull the strings to finish Trump, or this was a calculated effort by the left to drive Republicans further into the camp of a scandal-ridden candidate.

Same here I'm worried the only Republican that is not a guarantee win in 2024 is Trump. I'm watching the GOP really jaguar up what should be an easy win in November already give them two more years and we might get stuck with another 4 years of whoever runs the Democrat ticket.

Mitch McConnell leveled a warning months ago to cool it on the Trump candidates or the Republican momentum going into November would quickly erode. He was right.
(08-17-2022, 12:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2022, 12:38 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]Same here I'm worried the only Republican that is not a guarantee win in 2024 is Trump. I'm watching the GOP really jaguar up what should be an easy win in November already give them two more years and we might get stuck with another 4 years of whoever runs the Democrat ticket.

Mitch McConnell leveled a warning months ago to cool it on the Trump candidates or the Republican momentum going into November would quickly erode. He was right.

Guess you don't survive that long as a politician if you can't read the tea leaves.
(08-17-2022, 12:33 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2022, 12:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]A week ago I would have agreed with that, but DeSantis has made some statements defending Trump and criticizing the FBI after the Mar a Lago raid.  

Was he abrasive when he responded?  Nothing wrong with commenting, just dont be a jerk about it.  If DeSantis starts that sort of behaviour, then he'll be no better than Trump where personality is concerned.

DeSantis is rarely abrasive in tone.  But his comments insisted that searching Trump’s property was not called for.  There aren't any facts to back up that sentiment, not yet, so he's pandering to the same pro wrestling / soap opera seeking populists who are loyal to Trump with a statement like that.
(08-17-2022, 12:42 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2022, 12:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Mitch McConnell leveled a warning months ago to cool it on the Trump candidates or the Republican momentum going into November would quickly erode. He was right.

Guess you don't survive that long as a politician if you can't read the tea leaves.

It doesn't take tea leaves. Democrats are literally funding Trump candidates. They have poured millions into their campaigns for the sole fact they can demagogue the right. You can dislike Trump all you want, but democrats are actively keeping his legacy alive.
I couldn't disagree more. Republicans have been the whipping boys and girls for the RATS for so long and now that we are fighting back you act like this is a bad thing. Why is it ok for the left to go all out and fight for their agenda, but not the right. THAT Republican party is DEAD, FOREVER...

There are some holdovers that need to be gotten rid of, we are working on that....

Screw them and anyone else that doesn't like putting Americans first, screw everyone that has a problem with us fighting back. People say Trump is too bombastic, to rude. Well, that is exactly why he was elected, because we want someone that is unafraid and willing to fight back... And fight back we will....
(08-17-2022, 01:42 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't  disagree more. Republicans have been the whipping boys and girls for the RATS for so long and now that we are fighting back you act like this is a bad thing. Why is it ok for the left to go all out and fight for their agenda, but not the right. THAT Republican party is DEAD, FOREVER...

There are some holdovers that need to be gotten rid of, we are working on that....

Screw them and anyone else that doesn't like putting Americans first, screw everyone that has a problem with us fighting back. People say Trump is too bombastic, to rude. Well, that is exactly why he was elected, because we want someone that is unafraid and willing to fight back... And fight back we will....

But if trump is fighting and the results are the same what have you gained? Give me one example of trumps administration reducing the power of government I can give you multipile ways he expanded it.
(08-17-2022, 02:44 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2022, 01:42 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't  disagree more. Republicans have been the whipping boys and girls for the RATS for so long and now that we are fighting back you act like this is a bad thing. Why is it ok for the left to go all out and fight for their agenda, but not the right. THAT Republican party is DEAD, FOREVER...

But if trump is fighting and the results are the same what have you gained? Give me one example of trumps administration reducing the power of government I can give you multipile ways he expanded it.

WASHINGTON — Nearly a year into his takeover of Washington, President Donald Trump has made a significant down payment on his campaign pledge to shrink the federal bureaucracy, a shift long sought by conservatives that could eventually bring the workforce down to levels not seen in decades.

The diminishing federal footprint comes after Trump promised in last year’s campaign to “cut so much your head will spin,” and it reverses a boost in hiring during the Obama era. The falloff has been driven by an exodus of civil servants, a diminished corps of political appointees and an effective hiring freeze.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-worl...overnment/

Also, he implemented Schedule F, but after the election was stolen the illegitimate wanna be POTUS Biden (Susan Rice) did away with it. That is not all, if YOU WANT, I will list a lot more examples... Or, you could just admit you are wrong. Believe me, it will be less painful that way.
Pages: 1 2