Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Democrat-Run Jackson, MS, Can’t Even Deliver Water to Residents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"Even though Democrats have run Jackson, Mississippi, for over 70 years, the media blame the city’s water failures on “systemic racism.”

Jackson, Mississippi, hasn’t had a Republican mayor since at least 1949. Democrats and Democrats alone have run Jackson for nearly three-quarters of a century or longer.

Additionally, every Jackson mayor since 1989 has been a black man.

Jackson, the capital of that gorgeous state, is around 80 percent black.

And yet…

Since 1990, after 40 years of Democrat rule, the city’s population has collapsed from 202,000 to just 153,000. Yes, a quarter of the population has fled. Between 2010 and 2020 alone, the population dropped 11.4 percent.

Nevertheless, the corrupt media are attempting to not only turn a local failure into a national failure but one borne of “systemic racism.”

At the risk of sounding pedantic, allow me to sum this up: Jackson has been run exclusively by Democrats for generations, run by black mayors for 33 years, and according to the media, Jackson’s years-long water problems are an American failure of systemic racism. 

Jackson’s water problemreach back years. Democrats still haven’t fixed it. Part of the problem is that one in four Jackson residents live in poverty, which is what happens when you continue to vote for Democrats. For years, 153,000 Jackson residents have put up with interruptions to their water service and announcement to boil their water before drinking.

And now, the city’s water treatment plant is in such bad shape, and the water is so dirty; the system that creates water pressure is so broken that the Democrat-run city government must distribute bottled water to residents.

Oh, and now the Democrat-run city government can’t even do that, can’t even get bottled water to its residents."

The rest -

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/...residents/
The liberals I follow are trying to blame all of this on the Republican government at the state level.
It's a very similar situation to Flint MI with white flight over decades leading to major infrastructure problems, specifically water problems, down the road.
It's not really a partisan issue, more it's the fact that it's too easy for cities to fall into this downward spiral of lower services and lower investment.
Toll roads and power lines are paid for with user fees similar to how water and sewer is typically financed. But toll roads and high tension power lines are organized at the regional level typically, not the city or county level. We need to think of water and sewer service more like how we think of toll roads and power lines, and we will see this type of problem less often.
(09-01-2022, 03:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]The liberals I follow are trying to blame all of this on the Republican government at the state level.
It's a very similar situation to Flint MI with white flight over decades leading to major infrastructure problems, specifically water problems, down the road.
It's not really a partisan issue, more it's the fact that it's too easy for cities to fall into this downward spiral of lower services and lower investment.
Toll roads and power lines are paid for with user fees similar to how water and sewer is typically financed.  But toll roads and high tension power lines are organized at the regional level typically, not the city or county level.  We need to think of water and sewer service more like how we think of toll roads and power lines, and we will see this type of problem less often.

"It's not a partisan issue" ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? lol... This is what you get when the DemoRATS run things. This is what you get when you allow the lowest common denominator to run things. Let's be real at this point, any black person that still votes Democrat is doing so out of either HATE or STUPIDITY....
[Image: miss.jpg]
(09-01-2022, 03:36 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2022, 03:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]The liberals I follow are trying to blame all of this on the Republican government at the state level.
Toll roads and power lines are paid for with user fees similar to how water and sewer is typically financed.  But toll roads and high tension power lines are organized at the regional level typically, not the city or county level.  We need to think of water and sewer service more like how we think of toll roads and power lines, and we will see this type of problem less often.

"It's not a partisan issue" ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? lol... This is what you get when the DemoRATS run things. This is what you get when you allow the lowest common denominator to run things. Let's be real at this point, any black person that still votes Democrat is doing so out of either HATE or STUPIDITY....

Place yourself in Jackson MS from 1990 to now, and give yourself a single superpower - any city leader who is ever elected, regardless of race or party, will do whatever you say.  
How will you use this superpower? How would you using that power reduce the effect of white flight and provide more money to maintain water treatment facilities?
(09-01-2022, 04:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2022, 03:36 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]"It's not a partisan issue" ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? lol... This is what you get when the DemoRATS run things. This is what you get when you allow the lowest common denominator to run things. Let's be real at this point, any black person that still votes Democrat is doing so out of either HATE or STUPIDITY....

Place yourself in Jackson MS from 1990 to now, and give yourself a single superpower - any city leader who is ever elected, regardless of race or party, will do whatever you say.  
How will you use this superpower? How would you using that power reduce the effect of white flight and provide more money to maintain water treatment facilities?

Maybe if Democrat policies were not so destructive and punitive there would be no "white flight". 

These people have NO ONE TO BLAME except THEMSELVES. They elected idiots to run their government and this is the fruit that has grown from that. NOT ONLY THAT, but they see the failures time after time, city after city and yet THEY KEEP ELECTING THEM. Hello, MCFLY.... 

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got!
(09-01-2022, 04:59 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2022, 04:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Place yourself in Jackson MS from 1990 to now, and give yourself a single superpower - any city leader who is ever elected, regardless of race or party, will do whatever you say.  

Maybe if Democrat policies were not so destructive and punitive there would be no "white flight". 

These people have NO ONE TO BLAME except THEMSELVES. They elected idiots to run their government and this is the fruit that has grown from that. NOT ONLY THAT, but they see the failures time after time, city after city and yet THEY KEEP ELECTING THEM. Hello, MCFLY.... 

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got!

You missed the point of the question.  In this scenario you have the superpower of telling the Democrats (or any official) what to do.  What "destructive policies" could they have changed, 30 or 40 years ago, that would leave them with adequate water today?
(09-01-2022, 07:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2022, 04:59 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe if Democrat policies were not so destructive and punitive there would be no "white flight". 

You missed the point of the question.  In this scenario you have the superpower of telling the Democrats (or any official) what to do.  What "destructive policies" could they have changed, 30 or 40 years ago, that would leave them with adequate water today?

Something other than what they’ve done and continue to do. The Mayor is more focused on leftist ideology than actual governance; as have been previous local government officials. They could have and still can fix the water treatment plant for starters, you know so at least they have CLEAN water… but no, too busy defunding the police…

Priorities ya?
(09-01-2022, 07:20 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2022, 07:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]You missed the point of the question.  In this scenario you have the superpower of telling the Democrats (or any official) what to do.  What "destructive policies" could they have changed, 30 or 40 years ago, that would leave them with adequate water today?

Something other than what they’ve done and continue to do. The Mayor is more focused on leftist ideology than actual governance; as have been previous local government officials. They could have and still can fix the water treatment plant for starters, you know so at least they have CLEAN water… but no, too busy defunding the police…

Priorities ya?

Jackson MS has not defunded the police.

But let's roll with that.
You think Jackson should have spent more on police and more on water plants.  Fair enough.  Whose taxes should they have raised, or, what other spending should they have cut?
(09-01-2022, 07:20 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2022, 07:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]You missed the point of the question.  In this scenario you have the superpower of telling the Democrats (or any official) what to do.  What "destructive policies" could they have changed, 30 or 40 years ago, that would leave them with adequate water today?

Priorities ya?

Translation: "I have no idea about anything to do with this, but I don't want to miss the opportunity to bash Dems."
All the democrats are over looking that Trump tried to solve this, got the EPA approval, and then dems didn't provide the funding. Locally they haven't maintained it and now they can't fix it anymore.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(09-01-2022, 07:30 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2022, 07:20 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]Something other than what they’ve done and continue to do. The Mayor is more focused on leftist ideology than actual governance; as have been previous local government officials. They could have and still can fix the water treatment plant for starters, you know so at least they have CLEAN water… but no, too busy defunding the police…

Priorities ya?

Translation: "I have no idea about anything to do with this, but I don't want to miss the opportunity to bash Dems."

You don’t need a translation, you just need to learn English. I spelled out where they could start or did you just ignore that?
(09-09-2022, 05:28 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]From Jackson

https://twitter.com/mintamolly/status/15...7q5ckow3yw

You've been awol lately.. Finally grab that sign and head up to DC or something? 

I missed reading your stuff.. You're kinda like a digital copy of The National Enquirer.. But in a good way.. I guess lolol
(09-01-2022, 08:14 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]All the democrats are over looking that Trump tried to solve this, got the EPA approval, and then dems didn't provide the funding. Locally they haven't maintained it and now they can't fix it anymore.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Links or it didn't happen
(09-09-2022, 05:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2022, 05:28 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]From Jackson

https://twitter.com/mintamolly/status/15...7q5ckow3yw

You've been awol lately.. Finally grab that sign and head up to DC or something? 

I missed reading your stuff.. You're kinda like a digital copy of The National Enquirer.. But in a good way.. I guess lolol

Been busy working and stuff... Smile
(09-01-2022, 04:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2022, 03:36 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]"It's not a partisan issue" ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? lol... This is what you get when the DemoRATS run things. This is what you get when you allow the lowest common denominator to run things. Let's be real at this point, any black person that still votes Democrat is doing so out of either HATE or STUPIDITY....

Are you insinuating that Jackson, MS needs a little gentrification?
(09-09-2022, 08:15 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2022, 04:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Place yourself in Jackson MS from 1990 to now, and give yourself a single superpower - any city leader who is ever elected, regardless of race or party, will do whatever you say.  

Are you insinuating that Jackson, MS needs a little gentrification?

Gentrification can be a result of low crime, adequate infrastructure, and good jobs.  City Hall can make gentrification more likely, but in the US they can't force it and they can't stop it.
Ronster says city hall in Jackson MS is to blame for water problems.  What would he have done differently if he was in city hall and would he have needed to raise taxes to do it?
You could change the thread title to "Republican-run Mississippi cannot even deliver water to its residents."

Seriously, it's just a bunch of trash talk which means very little.
Does the state control the water for Jackson?
Pages: 1 2