Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Queen Elizabeth under medical supervision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Link

"Following further evaluation this morning, the Queen's doctors are concerned for Her Majesty's health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision," a statement said.

The Queen is "comfortable", it added.

Evidently Queen Elizabeth's health has taken a turn and is under ongoing medical supervision and her four children and William and Harry are on their way to Scotland where the queen has been living since July (IIRC). Buckingham Palace doesn't ever comment on her health as they consider it to be a private matter so them putting out a statement makes me think she is not long for this world. 

I told my husband it will be strange to hear King Charles, or King anything. The last 70 years has been Queen

It's going to be strange when she passes. She hasn't been perfect and hasn't always made the best decisions regarding family matters but she's nothing if not dedicated to her position and her country.
Hearing “Queen consort Camila” is going to make me toss my cookies.
(09-08-2022, 12:20 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]Hearing “Queen consort Camila” is going to make me toss my cookies.

this.
Unfortunately she has passed away. As an Englishman I have to say what an incredible queen she has been for is, I think the none royalists in the commonwealth will grow to love her more now she is not with us, I don’t believe people realise how lucky we have been.

To you Americans, please don’t judge the royal family on Harry and Meghan!
She passed.. I know this is a major tragedy since she was a Royal, but honestly, we all deal with death and it's never easy..

I don't know much about The Royals, but judging by how much she was loved by her people, she must have been a good one..

RIP..
(09-08-2022, 01:36 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately she has passed away. As an Englishman I have to say what an incredible queen she has been for is, I think the none royalists in the commonwealth will grow to love her more now she is not with us, I don’t believe people realise how lucky we have been.

We have no problem with them. You guys are the judgmental ones. 

Regardless, God Bless the Queen. She was a good ol' gal.
I also have a question, one that I would probably never get a straight answer for on SMS..

Why was this woman hated so much? If you go on Twitter, these people are celebrating her passing. So much cruelty.. I don't understand it..

Anyone help me out here?

Some of their responses make me sick to my stomach..
(09-08-2022, 01:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I also have a question, one that I would probably never get a straight answer for on SMS..

Why was this woman hated so much? If you go on Twitter, these people are celebrating her passing. So much cruelty.. I don't understand it..

Anyone help me out here?

She was hated? That's news to me. I think she was personally very popular although there are some who believe the monarchy may be outdated a bit. But I think the majority were fond of her as Queen.
(09-08-2022, 01:59 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2022, 01:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I also have a question, one that I would probably never get a straight answer for on SMS..

Anyone help me out here?

She was hated? That's news to me. I think she was personally very popular although there are some who believe the monarchy may be outdated a bit. But I think the majority were fond of her as Queen.

I'm not posting anything from Twitter because it's pretty vile and disgusting.. But it's there, and there's a lot of hate..
No one does pomp and circumstance better than the Brits. Prepare to be impressed.

Anyone help me out here?

I would say this is people just trying to provoke a reaction, as a consensus she most definitely was not hated. A lot of people don’t agree with the monarchy but still loved her.
(09-08-2022, 02:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2022, 01:59 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]She was hated? That's news to me. I think she was personally very popular although there are some who believe the monarchy may be outdated a bit. But I think the majority were fond of her as Queen.

I'm not posting anything from Twitter because it's pretty vile and disgusting.. But it's there, and there's a lot of hate..

There are a few people out there who blame their problems on colonization and view QEII (wrongly, IMO) as a colonizer, so that's where it comes from.  But none of these people would say that to the face of the royals.  For instance, Barbados left the commonwealth recently, and there was some rhetoric about how bad colonization was, but when Prince Charles came to "hand off sovereignty" to their new head of state, the ceremony was polite.

Because most people understand, colonization by the British was more about Parliament and about corporations than it was about the monarch.

Now, contrast that with how the Belgian monarchy colonized the Congo.  They had a much more direct hand and there has been much more long lasting hate as a result.  Read what the first post-independence head of state there had to say about the Belgian king he was replacing.  That's hate.  Few people hated Elizabeth or her father or his father to that level.
Sad news of her passing.  She was very much loved not only by "her people", but a vast majority of the civilized world.

RIP
She was a great representative for England. I especially liked her as a younger queen, very much a queen of the 'people'. The Diana stuff gave the whole monarchy a bit of a black eye, but there was plenty of blame to go around on that one.
(09-08-2022, 01:59 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]She was hated? That's news to me. I think she was personally very popular although there are some who believe the monarchy may be outdated a bit. But I think the majority were fond of her as Queen.

Dig into those tweets and you'll find they are from supporters of woke culture, homosexuality, transgenderism, etc. Not suprizing.

And then, of course, there was Johnny Rotten, who actually changed his views about her as he got older.

just one more reason to never twitter.
RIH Queen Elizabeth. She has been Queen since her 20s. The longest tenured heir to the throne.

NH3...

Anyone help me out here?

It's probably Harry and Meghan fans who feel like she didn't do enough, or anything, to protect them from all of the media hate laid on them from the moment it was known they were dating. It got worse when they married and even worse when their son was born. A lot of people weren't down with a biracial woman "sullying" the family and the gene pool.
(09-08-2022, 01:36 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately she has passed away. As an Englishman I have to say what an incredible queen she has been for is, I think the none royalists in the commonwealth will grow to love her more now she is not with us, I don’t believe people realise how lucky we have been.

Meghan couldn't lie straight in bed.
(09-08-2022, 05:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]

Anyone help me out here?

It's probably Harry and Meghan fans who feel like she didn't do enough, or anything, to protect them from all of the media hate laid on them from the moment it was known they were dating. It got worse when they married and even worse when their son was born. A lot of people weren't down with a biracial woman "sullying" the family and the gene pool.

Harry and Meghan have their own stuff going on.  I don't want to say anything ill of Meghan, because I have no idea what it's like to be her and I have no idea what gets said in her DMs or what random royal staff may or may not have said to her.  
But everyone's got haters.  I wish she could have stayed above the fray more.  Maybe she will, going forward. I hope their marriage stays together and their kids have healthy childhoods.
Pages: 1 2 3