Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Best roster I can remember in the last decade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'll eat all the crow the GM has put together the best roster I can remember in a long time. I'd take this team over the 2017 roster.

This is going to be a great season in drinking all the Kool aid!
Its potentially the 2017 defense but younger with a lot better offense and offensive coordinator

POTENTIALLY!
We have a lot of young talent.

Only 4 games ago people were dressing like clowns.
We better be ranked in the top 20 of the power rankings
(09-25-2022, 07:14 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Its potentially the 2017 defense but younger with a lot better offense and offensive coordinator

POTENTIALLY!

They Hussle the entire game to me that is huge
Some pretty damn good coaching…
(09-25-2022, 07:17 PM)Jagsman Wrote: [ -> ]We better be ranked in the top 20 of the power rankings

We will be the biggest mover in the next rankings.

We should be top 15.
Listen I was always a player not plays guy but damn if this is what a real coach feels like talked about a difference maker!
(09-25-2022, 07:25 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2022, 07:17 PM)Jagsman Wrote: [ -> ]We better be ranked in the top 20 of the power rankings

We will be the biggest mover in the next rankings.

We should be top 15.

I'm interested in seeing what the different power rankings will be for the Jags after today's win. I have checked them often in the past but haven't done that so far this year. I'll go check where the Jags are currently are ranked on the major sites and then will check back to see how much they are moved up. Maybe they will get a nice bump this week. And if they beat the Eagles next week, they should get an even bigger bump.

Regarding the roster, it's definitely a good roster. One of the better ones this team has had in recent times. Talent on both sides of the ball and very good coaching. The team also has a good amount of youth in key positions. It's nice to see.
It's not just Pederson. There are so many strong coaches on this staff. Former head coaches
(09-25-2022, 07:30 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not just Pederson. There are so many strong coaches on this staff. Former head coaches

This is important and highly underrated
We got us a Head Coach for years to come. Please don’t let this guy slip away at all cost.
This is not the 2017 defense, not even close. Having long and sustained scoring drives is the best defense you can have. We do not have the secondary that can just lock down receivers like in 2017. Our mojo is to get a lead and then rush the passer with Walker, Allen and company.
Big D’ Baalke too
I think if you take Lawrence, put him over Blake in 2017 and AR-15 stays healthy that team had a geniune undefeated season shot.

(09-25-2022, 09:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]We got us a Head Coach for years to come. Please don’t let this guy slip away at all cost.

Shoot it's been 3 weeks and I'm ready to throw him a 10 yr 100m Gruden contract lmao
(09-26-2022, 02:36 AM)Big Dougy P Wrote: [ -> ]I think if you take Lawrence, put him over Blake in 2017 and AR-15 stays healthy that team had a geniune undefeated season shot.

(09-25-2022, 09:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]We got us a Head Coach for years to come. Please don’t let this guy slip away at all cost.

Shoot it's been 3 weeks and I'm ready to throw him a 10 yr 100m Gruden contract lmao

This is one of the most outlandish takes I've heard on here in a while. Fly high on the dominant win today tho!
(09-26-2022, 02:47 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2022, 02:36 AM)Big Dougy P Wrote: [ -> ]I think if you take Lawrence, put him over Blake in 2017 and AR-15 stays healthy that team had a geniune undefeated season shot.

This is one of the most outlandish takes I've heard on here in a while. Fly high on the dominant win today tho!

I mean I was being a bit sarcastic but I do love me some coach Doug.
The good play on the field is contributed to coaching and player personnel. Thank you Mr. Khan for keeping Baalke and hiring Pederson. Our NFL future is bright.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
(09-25-2022, 07:30 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not just Pederson. There are so many strong coaches on this staff. Former head coaches

Credit to Mike Caldwell.  His guys are rarely out of position.
(09-25-2022, 07:29 PM)mal234 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm interested in seeing what the different power rankings will be for the Jags after today's win.

Don't have the all-important jaguars.com power rankings yet, but:

NBC Sports
10. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-1): Urban Meyer is probably walking around Columbus right now wondering who No. 16 on the Jaguars is.

Pro Football Network (tiered rankings rather than 1-32 at this point in the season - Jags are in Tier 3 | The wait-and-see two-win teams, with 8 teams in higher tiers than that)
Jacksonville Jaguars
I want to say that the Jaguars are a contender. They’ve been one of the more impressive teams in the league so far this season through three games. Their Week 1 loss to Washington seems a bit embarrassing at this point.

Jacksonville has thoroughly obliterated the Indianapolis Colts and Los Angeles Chargers. I want to say they’re a contender, but they’re still the Jaguars team that a year ago only won three games. It would be an unbelievable turnaround to win the AFC South a year later.

They get a chance to prove themselves again next week against the undefeated Eagles.
Pages: 1 2 3