Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If we beat Philly in convincing fashion, what will expectations be?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Our defense just flat lined one of the best QBs in football, and diced up a really good defense. The Eagles seem to be the hottest team in the league at the moment. If we take that game, do we start talking deep playoff run?
(09-25-2022, 08:44 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: [ -> ]Our defense just flat lined one of the best QBs in football, and diced up a really good defense. The Eagles seem to be the hottest team in the league at the moment. If we take that game, do we start talking deep playoff run?

I’m one game at a time
Not yet, delete thread!!!
One game at a time slow the roll. Philly is scary good this year
We won’t beat them in the fashion we saw the past 2 weeks. We caught the clots and bolts at the right time though that doesn’t detract from how well we played. We’ll be going into Philly after a long trip out west the week before. They should win this game, however, if we win it it will be much closer than these last two games have been.
I’m not expecting a win. Just be competitive. The back to back road trips with one on the west coast is brutal, not even taking the caliber of the teams into consideration.
Just enjoy the week to week. This is a ridiculous young team.
(09-25-2022, 08:44 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: [ -> ]Our defense just flat lined one of the best QBs in football, and diced up a really good defense. The Eagles seem to be the hottest team in the league at the moment. If we take that game, do we start talking deep playoff run?

Philly is really good this year. I just hope we are competitive.
We have a good football team and a great coach. I’m picking the Jaguars. Lloyd is going to spy Hurts and get another interception.
Also have a potential hurricane disrupting practice this week. Maybe they should leave early for Philly?
They are good and will be psyched up to play against their ex-coach. Gonna be a tough challenge but we can hope for the best.
(09-25-2022, 08:55 PM)NoShoes Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not expecting a win. Just be competitive. The back to back road trips with one on the west coast is brutal, not even taking the caliber of the teams into consideration.
Yep just don't want a blowout. Keep it close, show improvement, and see what happens.
(09-25-2022, 09:30 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Also have a potential hurricane disrupting practice this week. Maybe they should leave early for Philly?
Wednesday may be OK but will be rain. Thursday will probably not happen, and Friday may be an issue depending on the speed it moves.

They probably need to go to somewhere else on Wednesday morning and practice from there.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(09-25-2022, 09:33 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]They are good and will be psyched up to play against their ex-coach. Gonna be a tough challenge but we can hope for the best.

They are and should be, but I'm sure Doug will be as well and he'll likely have a little something special planned for his old team.

Will definitely be a tough test for sure regardless. That Eagles team is looking really good right now.
(09-25-2022, 08:53 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]We won’t beat them in the fashion we saw the past 2 weeks.  We caught the clots and bolts at the right time though that doesn’t detract from how well we played.  We’ll be going into Philly after a long trip out west the week before.  They should win this game, however, if we win it it will be much closer than these last two games have been.

I do agree I doubt we beat them the way we did the Colts and Chargers, but man if you would have asked me 2 or 3 days ago if I feared the eagles or chargers more, it would have been a toss up
There should be some added motivation for Doug to go win in Philly. I think it will be a good and close game.
It's one game at time as stated above.
(09-26-2022, 02:30 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]It's one game at time as stated above.

I hear what you're saying, maybe expectations wasn't the right word. I meant more so the general feel of the fanbase of the team. I think collectively on average most of us expected 6-8 wins with little improvement, my question would be would a convincing victory against the Colts-Chargers-Eagles change that general assumption.

It's a very long season.  Our starters look as good as anyone, but as we saw in preseason, our backups don't look very good.
I think we're a playoff team. I think we will get even better as the season progresses.
(09-26-2022, 07:06 AM)cincyjacket Wrote: [ -> ]I think we're a playoff team. I think we will get even better as the season progresses.

In a general sense, yes, we will get better.  As far as end game results are concerned, it’s hard to realistically imagine the last two weeks will be the norm the rest of the season.  In a 17 game season, we’re bound to have a rough stretch or 2.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5