Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Shoutout to Doug Pederson and staff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If Doug keeps it up, he’s going to win coach of the year. This is a real ball coach folks. 

Time management, halftime adjustments, personnel, assignments, etc. the man has it all. It shows on Sundays that he and the Jaguars are prepared and ready to play. He chose a couple of FGs and it ended up paying off. 

Like SnowWolf776 said, he’s always talking in the headset. I see it too. Even the kickers are always warming up on the sideline when we have the ball. The energy is there. The defense is playing like they have a division to win but of course, 1 game at a time approach.

The play calling on offense is creative and well timed. The defensive play calling and blitz package all feels right. 

Big shoutout to Coach Peterson and the staff for having the team prepared. Also all of our free agents and 2 first round picks are clicking baby.
dude looking like an all out brilliant assassin right now man

the team has been prepared and confident on top of superb play calling.
Doug Peterson = Doctor Duval
No doubt, it’s night and day. Ol urbs is a clown. Nut, he’s the reason we got Penderson, so it’s working out…
He's the one coach I think Eagles fans actually loved. He took that snakebitten franchise to a title. Maybe he can do the same for ours.
Hes a very good play caller. Reminds of the days when steve spurrier was dialing up some killer plays back in the gators 90s
Shout out to Khan for keeping Baalke, shout out for Baalke getting Doug, and shout out for Doug for being a great coach again like he was at Philly when he got that ring
(09-25-2022, 09:17 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]If Doug keeps it up, he’s going to win coach of the year. This is a real ball coach folks. 

Time management, halftime adjustments, personnel, assignments, etc. the man has it all. It shows on Sundays that he and the Jaguars are prepared and ready to play. He chose a couple of FGs and it ended up paying off. 

Like SnowWolf776 said, he’s always talking in the headset. I see it too. Even the kickers are always warming up on the sideline when we have the ball. The energy is there. The defense is playing like they have a division to win but of course, 1 game at a time approach.

The play calling on offense is creative and well timed. The defensive play calling and blitz package all feels right. 

Big shoutout to Coach Peterson and the staff for having the team prepared. Also all of our free agents and 2 first round picks are clicking baby.

I can't help but think if they keep on this trend, Mike Caldwell will get some calls in the offseason. Might be early to move up, but he's done a fantastic job with this D.
I was very critical of him the first week because he left points on the field.

At least now he is taking the gimme points and taking shots in better situations the field on 4th down.

No more 4th and goal from the 6 yrd line BS
The Jags are so much improved with fewer drive-killing penalties and in better shape injury-wise.
the chargers kept getting penalized and their players kept turning up injured
and our QB is awesome
As I was watching the game yesterday, I kept asking myself, "Can one coach be responsible for this kind of turn around?" I mean, it's obvious something has changed drastically within the organization, but how does that affect penalties? We look so disciplined out there compared to previous years. Receivers are coming open, the line is blocking well, the penalties are WAY down. I was just trying to figure out how the coach reduces penalties. It's not like players haven't known the rules since high school. The only thing I can think is that the coach has players in positions where they don't need to commit penalties and communicates early enough and effective enough that everyone is on the same page.

It's just interesting how you see this team executing well at the most detailed levels.
(09-26-2022, 11:15 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]As I was watching the game yesterday, I kept asking myself, "Can one coach be responsible for this kind of turn around?" I mean, it's obvious something has changed drastically within the organization, but how does that affect penalties? We look so disciplined out there compared to previous years. Receivers are coming open, the line is blocking well, the penalties are WAY down. I was just trying to figure out how the coach reduces penalties. It's not like players haven't known the rules since high school. The only thing I can think is that the coach has players in positions where they don't need to commit penalties and communicates early enough and effective enough that everyone is on the same page.

It's just interesting how you see this team executing well at the most detailed levels.

It’s also a been a masterclass on complimentary football.  All areas are performing well and so no one is finding themselves in a bad spot and a lot of times they’re actually being put in good spots field position wise.  Makes your job a lot easier.
Also, it’s refreshing to not feel like our drive is over when we get called for holding or have a negative play. Case in point, Cam gets called for holding against the clots. Next play, Trevor rolls to his left buying time and hits Kirk for over 20 yards on 1st & 20. I don’t have any other examples dialed up but I seem to vaguely remember similar negative plays being followed up by positive plays this year. It’s been an amazing month so far. Even the commies game was entertaining despite the loss.
(09-25-2022, 10:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Doug Peterson = Doctor Duval

Doug Peterson = Doctor Dufal
(09-26-2022, 11:35 AM)iapetus Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2022, 10:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Doug Peterson = Doctor Duval

Doug Peterson = Doctor Dufal

I’ve been guilty of this too, but guys…

We’ve got to spell our coach’s name right.  It’s Pederson.
https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/09...-pederson/

This article summarizes a lot of it. Also, love Zay’s interviews hah.
(09-26-2022, 11:48 AM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/09...-pederson/

Good insight.  This brings me back to an interview I read about Gus Bradley when he was HC here and him going on about spending time with his son at night and talking about school or something.  This was during the season mind you.  That’s great and all, but it made me think back to Joe Gibbs talking about sleeping on a cot in his office because of the time he spent working to get an edge and Bradley’s home in time to spend time with his family in the evening.  

Good to hear Doug is closer to the Gibbs philosophy and not the Bradley one.
(09-26-2022, 11:58 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2022, 11:48 AM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/09...-pederson/

Good insight.  This brings me back to an interview I read about Gus Bradley when he was HC here and him going on about spending time with his son at night and talking about school or something.  This was during the season mind you.  That’s great and all, but it made me think back to Joe Gibbs talking about sleeping on a cot in his office because of the time he spent working to get an edge and Bradley’s home in time to spend time with his family in the evening.  

Good to hear Doug is closer to the Gibbs philosophy and not the Bradley one.

Lesson learned, wait till the coach's kids are growed up and married before hiring him.

...get that lombardi before the grandkids start causing distractions.
Just like I’m glad the Jags had the 1 win season because it got them Trevor.

I’m glad the Jags hired Urban because it led to Dougy.

Yeah, I get a kick out of Zay too.  Ever since the interview he did a while back when he was asked how his relationship with Trevor was going and he said something like, "Well, he invited me to lunch, so...  Pretty good!"  Was fun to see at that point that he had a silly side he wasn't afraid to let out.  Loved it Smile
Pages: 1 2 3